No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. They smell amazing. A friend of mine let me barrow his grow light so my girls are ready to go the distance!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, Porcha!! Just make sure that if you take them inside, they get their 12 hours in complete darkness.

Not sure if you can really tell but this plant has that powder white stuff on it again. I am out of neem oil. Is there any other way to get rid of it? Should I keep it away from the other plants?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You will lose the plant if you don't treat the disease.

Been awhile!!! Here is an update on my plants. I'll be cutting them down on friday. Except for the 4th one its got a little bit to go. Let me know what yall think.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, girl, you done real good!!! I'll bet you feel fabulous to nearing the end of your first grow!!!!!

Its bitter sweet. I honestly didnt think I'd make it this far. Ill only have one plant left and im not sure what to think of it. Nothing like the others i have. It smells amazing its frosty like no other. Just weird theres no branches or anything.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Some plants grow only a single cola like that. It is what it is, but it's gonna be great smoke I'll bet. Bitter sweet my foot!!! Girl, this was your first grow!!! C'mon now and cut yourself some slack!!!

It was my first grow. Im exited to do the next one now that i know what im doing. I think i did pretty good for them being bag seeds and my first grow. I do have a question. When you harvest do you hang the whole tree or branch by branch? I plan on doing the whole tree just seems easiest. Also curious how much ill get out of all the plants.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The dry and cure are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!! The slower you can let the initial dry take place, the better. It's not good to dry the buds too fast. So I hung branches in my coolest closet in the dark and gently felt them every day to check on the drying process. You don't want to put wet buds in jars or you will ruin them.

In order to make sure that you end up with the best quality bud and don't get moldy buds (which you'd have to throw out), you gotta do this part right. Check this out and come back with questions.

This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

Your final weight dry will be about a quarter of what it weighs wet, but don't worry about the weight; it will increase with your growing skills. ;-}

Ok well i chopped my girls down today. Got them hanging. The room temp is about 74 degrees i got a small fan in there pointing towards the wall not directly on my buds. Lets see how this goes

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Lil cuties!! Good job, sounds like you're on the right track for a nice, slow dry.

Once my plants are dry i can still get use out of the sugar leaves right?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I have made dry ice hash a few times; it's fun!! If you vaporize, you can vape em with the weed. I guess it will make the smoke a little harsher, but I just read recently that the trichomes on the sugar leaves are often stronger than the triches on the buds--I can't verify or deny it. But you sure wanna use em for something!!

dry ice hash is fun an very easy, and the comebak is great, compared to adding the sugar leaves into bud while vaping or smoking will indeed make it more harsh. so making dry ice hash is very worth investing in, I use the 1gal size "bubblebags" cause they are easier to work with than the larger 5gal bags. and cheaper.

Comment

I didnt cut the sugar leaves off when i hung them up i read it was better and easier that way. I was just making sure that i can still use them. Im not sure how to store them i was told to keep the trim in the freezer till you are ready to use them. I doubt ill have loads of trim but id like to do something with them. They're way to frosty to go to waste
      Last edited by Pmoe90; 10-06-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Porcha, don't throw them away.freeze em.

Thank you!

Comment

Is it bad that my bud smells totally different now that its hang drying then it did when they were up?

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It should smell like hay for a while, but when it cures, it smells wonderful.

as soon as you harvest your bud will start to smell different, but once it hang dries and cures and the chlorophyll breaks down the smell will come back, that stank smell from what they smelled like when they were growing will come back through a good dry/cure. as soon as u harvest you can smell the chlorophyll smell over the stanky pot smell. but i promise it will come back, even more elaborate

Comment

Thanks appreciate the info guys!

Comment

My trimming sucks but it's a proud moment for me thank you Aloner and alltatup for all the help you guys gave! Btw this is not all I got just the first plant I cut down

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm really proud of you, girl!! You learned a lot and you made it to harvest, and I think your buds look beautiful!!!

Wait till it's cured for a month; you won't believe how it smells and smokes.

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              What she said! And just think how great your next grow is gonna be!

Another plant 😁 it's not much compared to you guys but for my first grow I'm hyped

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting: those buds look very much like a sativa--much lighter and airier than the other buds.

I sure hope it all smokes great!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X