No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think it's the white powder mildew. It seems to come closest to the pics just hope the plants are able to be saved

Comment

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 They will be just fine if it's WPM. That's not very serious at all, especially if you catch it early! Just get some SM-90 and give a foliar spray at 1 part SM-90 to 5 parts water. And make sure there's tons of air movement around the leaves and it's not hot. Plants get White Powdery Mold when it's hot and stagnant without any airflow. In case you didn't see it, there's more info here: http://www.growweedeasy.com/white-powdery-mildew 🌱

Thank you! I really do believe that's what the problem is. It's been extremely hot and humid lately and that's when I started seeing the white stuff. Appreciate the info

Comment

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 Sounds like you caught it! That's great! 🌱

So I removed the plants that looked bad all the other ones look fine but this has progressed fast over night I don't think it's the white mold anymore

Comment

Just an update of all my plants

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin good, Porcha!!! Make sure that you read ahead about the flowering phase so you will know what to expect when they begin to flower.

Appreciate it. I'm gonna have to do a lot of reading on the flowering stage because I honestly didn't expect to make it this far. My worry is that my best plan may be a male or it could be me over thinking it what do you think? The top part looks like male but the bottom looks normal. If you could let me know what you think it'd be much appreciated

Comment

This is my set up by the way. It won't let me show the full pic but it's a four tier Greenhouse with 3 fans going

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Your plants are probably going to outgrow that tent.

I was looking on the gwe website. From the looks of their pics and the one I posted it looks like it could be a female. I was also reading about the flowering stage and how they need 12/12 light and dark. Days are still pretty long here will this effect my plants? Right now there's only about 8 hours of night.

You must see something in my plants that I don't cause I didn't expect them to get much bigger than this.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that it does look more female than male, at least to my limited knowledge. Keep watching that spot and you should see a pistil emerge soon enough. That is only a pre-flower, though. If your plants are photos they won't switch to flowering until after the days start getting shorter later this summer.

You're definitely going to want to start planning to transplant those into larger pots -- and soon.

Transplant? What one? I just transplanted 3 of them this last week. Sense they can't go into the true flowering stage will the growth slow down or what? How big should I expect these plants to get? What size pot should come next? How many do you see need to be moved? Also when I went to check on my plants this morning I see three had brown tips. I'm not sure if it's nutrient burn or something else.

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        They don't need transplanting right now, but they will in a week or two, depending on how quickly they grow. I meant you should start planning what you're going to do when they get bigger, buying larger pots/more soil, etc.

It's been a while so I can't remember if these are bagseed--I think they were. Even if it's a breed that grows "small" you're still looking at them being 2 feet or so before they reach flowering (after which they'll grow even more). Keeping them in a smaller pot will help keep the size down but if the pot is too small, the plant will become root bound and won't be able to absorb nutrients (a.k.a. nute lock-out). If you want them to grow to their full potential, they should move to at least 5 gallon pots.

Alternately, you could let them get to whatever size you want, and then force them to flower by bringing them inside and keeping them in pitch black darkness for 12 hours, then putting them back outside in the sun. But you'd have to do that every single night for the entire flowering period or risk your plants re-vegging or hermie-ing due to the stress. If you did that, you could keep them in smaller one, maybe 2 gallons, depending on how quickly you switch them to flower.

But then, I'm only on my first grow so maybe someone with more experience can give you better advice.
        Last edited by Aloner; 07-16-2017, 05:08 PM. Reason: typo

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Aloner very good advice. Porcha, you can get the big pots now or you can get them later, but them plants will get big once flowering starts.

Two of my plants are in the tan pots and one is in the orange one pictured
      Last edited by Pmoe90; 07-16-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Got bored went ahead and transplanted. Glad I did. Hopefully this pot last longer than the others

Comment

Are my plants ready to be topped? Ive read the sooner the better but i dont want to mess my plants up. Im pretty sure you cut where i circled. Is it worth the risk?

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have 5-6 sets of leaves on her?

I believe they do have 5 sets of flowers. I posted a pic just in case. Also my plants look like they are dying on me. The tips are brown and some of the lower leaves are turning brown as well. I've check the ph it's in the right range and did the same with the run off water it's still in the right range. Not sure if I'm over watering or it's just to hot for them to be outside. One also has crinkle looking leaves. Not sure what's going on. Out of the 9 only 3 are doing this

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Porcha, They don't have flowers yet; just sets of leaves. Pot plants have two stages: the vegetative stage, where all they do is grow taller and put out leaves, and then comes the flowering stage, which is when the plant starts to form buds. So I was thinkin bout your situation, and if you don't want to let your plants get really tall and you don't want to keep buying bigger pots, you could force them sometime soon--best to wait until they good and strong--to start flowering, and you'd do this by taking them inside to a totally dark place for 12 hours each day. That's what would trigger flowering: the smaller amount of sunlight they'd be getting. Let me know if you're interested in this idea.

You may be over-watering them; what's the outdoors temp where you at?

The last few days it's been in the 90s real feel in the 100s still a good breeze going though. The humidity is usually anywhere from 60 to 87% I would not mind trying to bring them inside. My only issue is my work schedule is not always the same would they have to be brought it at the same time each day?

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's the thing: Once you start the flowering process, it happens because they are in total darkness for 12 hours per day. I mean, total darkness. If there are light leaks, it can make the plant turn into a male plant. I had that happen once. So it has to be a blackout room that they go in.

I was just thinkin about your situation and you didn't want to keep switching pots. This is mos def not a cheap hobby, but once we get the hang of what we're doing, and we have the basic equipment, it shouldn't be so expensive.

As it stands now, I'm sure your plants will outgrow the pots you have them in. Folks usually transplant the small plant into a 5-gallon pot, water sparingly and let it grow into the pot. But you know that these plants can get tall, right? It depends on the strain, of course. I forget what you're growing, but you can find the information about how tall it gets at seed banks.

And if you leave em in the small pots, it will mess up the roots, or you'll get root rot or other problems. You'll mess the plant up if you leave it in too small a pot.

So what I did with one of my 2 current grows, I have one pretty small grow box, but the plants were healthy and growing good, so they were still quite short when I switched the grow box over to the 12/12 lighting, and a couple of weeks later, they started flowering. You can see it on my grow after my signature.

You can keep plants small if necessary. Some growers call it a "micro grow" and some folks will grow a whole bunch of smaller plants. You save time if you switch them to flower after 3 or 4 weeks rather than 6 or 7.

There's also autoflowering cannabis strains, you heard about them? They just naturally go into flowering themselves because of the genetics. Those might be a good choice for you. You gotta figure out what you can afford in order to do it right so you don't have to buy weed from other folks, cuz you growing the best loud right at home! If you don't do it right, it's a waste of money, you feel me?

I'm going to go ahead and try the 12/12 with one of the plants and see what happens. So once I start this. It will stay on 12/12 from here on out or does it switch back over at some point? I've also read that some growers keep their plants in darkness for weeks at a time. Have you heard of this? How soon can you put plants into flowering?

I appreciate the info and I honestly don't smoke that much. I just like a challenge and I love to garden. I may get irritated and rired with it but in the end they're my babies

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Once you go 12/12 you have to keep on that schedule or the plant can hermie (grow male parts and you'll end up with seedy bud) or re-veg (switch from flowering back to its vegetative state and stop producing flowers.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Porcha, I've never EVER heard of people keeping plants in the dark for weeks on end. Some people give them 24 hours of darkness when they first make the switch to 12/12 lighting, but that's about it.

What you want to do is make sure they are strong before you switch to the flowering mode. Stop the over watering, ok? Let the soil get dry down to your knuckle before you water. As soon as you see good strong growth, you can start putting them in the dark room for 12 hours. The stronger they are when they start flowering, the better your results are going to be.

As for your nutrients: Make sure you read directions about what to feed them during flower. I have to switch up some of my nutrients for hydroponic growing. If you don't have the right nutrients for flowering, you will have to get those first.

Another thing I'd recommend: just leave the plants sitting out in the fresh air and sunshine; they're gonna outgrow that little tent of yours, and that tent may be why they got that white crap on them in the first place: no fresh air, too much humidity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	118116 Quick question. Is this normal for my plants to go straight up in the middle? The plant is growing no issues just not sure if it's normal

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally normal. Looking good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X