New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grow

Here's a couple of the one that are coming through. Are they looking ok? This is day 4.

U need to get tht shell and clear membrane off asap so the two leafs can open up and be separated

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad idk how but I guess I posted before I was finished lol

U need to get tht shell and clear membrane off asap so the two leafs can open up and be separated or they will die I normally drop a few drops of water on it to soften it then I gently pinch the shell off and normally there is a clear coat holding the two leafs together and I gota pinch tht off I heard it being called the membrane so thts wht I call it

Comment

Appreciate the info I was wondering if it was gonna come off by itself or I needed to take it off

Comment

Here they are without the shell hopefully I took them off in timr

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, looks good!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You did indeed!! Looking good!

That's awesome to hear! For my other buds how long should I wait to take the seeds off?

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm only on my first grow so my experience is extremely limited. NebulaHaze says here "it will usually fall off on its own". I had one of my 5 keep the shell on; I left it for a few days and when it didn't come off I very carefully pried it apart until it easily came off. I also heard to drip a little water on it over time to soften things up a bit first (which I also did for a couple days before trying to remove it). Good luck!

I don't mean to bother but just a couple more questions. The one that still has a shell on it does not look good to me should I make that one at a loss or keep working with It? The one that is opened how long did it take for your plants to get bigger? I got a solid 6 that are open just don't want to do anything to mess them up

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Porcha, I see a little yellowing on the tips of the new leaves emerging; is your soil full of fertilizer? If it's what they call "hot soil" you can kill a seedling which isn't ready to be fertilized.

I suggest using two toothpicks (or something with a similar blunt point) to pry open the shell (being careful to avoid touching the seedling itself). Try pushing outward (both at the same time) where I marked arrows on the picture below. I had to do it to one of mine and it came off pretty easily. Since you have six others and are ready to write this one off, you have nothing to lose trying to get the shell off, right?

Size-wise I had to transplant to a larger pot (from a Solo cup) less than a week after they sprouted. It seemed slow at the time but now I can't believe how big mine are after only 3 weeks!

Good luck!
        My first grow

Comment

• Pmoe90
          Pmoe90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate it came off with no problem

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!!

Not much growth that I see. They look healthy to me I make sure not to over water they stay outside so they get plenty of sun not sure if this is me being impatient or something going on with the plants any info will be appreciated

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          They look good!! Did you decide to order some seeds?

I'm actually going to wait and see how these do I'm just hoping for at least one female in the group.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope it's more than 1!!!

Me too! It would suck if they were all males

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! I found my first male on my second grow, and I stared and stared and didn't want to believe. But finally I had to admit the truth of what I was seeing; I chopped it and removed it from my grow box. Everyone else was fine.

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          The odds are in your favor… should be about 50/50 m/f.

This was my attempt to transplant them. My question is did just ruin my plants? Some came out with the block and some just the long root? Thanks in advance. There's one that has the tips a little yellow didn't get that either.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          As I wrote on your other Topc, are you checking your pH levels both before you water as well as the runoff water? If they are growing slow there may be a problem with the roots.

I honestly have no idea how to do any of that. I'm not sure what to give them or where to get the things they need

Comment

I'm always willing to take advice! It would be greatly appreciated however I do live in the middle of nowhere so if it's not on Amazon I might have issues

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I get almost all of my grow stuff on Amazon.

Ok so I found out I'm using good soil so it's either two things wrong with those plants. One someone said it could be water burn. I could see that because I didn't know it was bad to spray the top of my plants. Two it could be the ph levels because I have never checked them. There are only two plants like this. They are still growing. My biggiest fear is I may have transferred them wrong. Time will tell

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X