No announcement yet.

My first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a start of a female plant? It's going into week 3 so not really sure

Comment

It's kinda hard to tell the pic is kinda blurry and the black stuff makes it harder but what ur looking for is. The 2little green things pointing out of the stem it's an indication it's female if they cross over eachother but also look at how it gos if it has short node spaceing it's usualy female and the opposite for males but other than that it's a waiting game to fully get the sex. Also light temp rh and nutes also play a role in determining the sex

Comment

If i get the been oil will this fix whatever this Is? They are separated from my other plants. Should I just chalk it up as a loss

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You mean neem oil? Did you look up the insect on GWE?

Yeah my bad I meant neem oil and I looked at ALL of them and I can't tell what one it is. It looks closest to the spider mites. And under all the bugs that's listed in GWE the suggest the neem oil. They don't however say how long to treat it for or if the plant will bounce back.

Comment

If one plant gets a bug they all will end up with them it's best to treat all ur plants with neem oil and as a precousion u can also use stuff called dr.doom u spray it in the air and it kills all bugs and wount harm ur plants just dnt use it in flower for obvious reasons lol but u should treat all ur plants with 1 or the other. One every couple weeks I spray the dr.doom in the grow room thro veg and never have a problem.

Comment

That plant could still thrive nicley. Just my 2c lol also the best way to keep pests/mold away is to start feeding ur plants biostimulants (B vitamins,kelp,humic acid, silica,) then also calmag microbes and microbe food (simple sugars) if u can raise ur brix (nutrient/sugars/starch) above 12percent bugs/mold will no longer be able to see ur plants as food and mold can't penitrate the cell walls. I'm also growing in a shed out side so pest/mold is always a concern. If u take the precaucions ull be better off lol

Comment

Well I already ordered the neem oil so hopefully that will do the job. How long will it take for it to take effect?

Comment

• Pmoe90
                Pmoe90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Also how much do you spray on the plants? I do plan on spraying all my plants to be safe.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                There should be directions on how to dilute it on the bottle. I recently bought the neem oil and I also got one of these, which makes spraying anything all over the plants, including the underside of the leaves, a whole lot easier:

I know, it's just one thing after another that we have to get to take care of our plants...

Just spray ur whole plant and it will make it so the bugs can't feed and lay eggs ect... so within a couple days to a week u should be pest free. And just in case if ur not spray that Dr doom u can pick up a can for about 10bucks and works amazing!

Comment

It will kill Nats mites miquitos spiders ect... spray in the air generously then leave ur room for atleast an hour as this stuff will choke u out lol its perfectly fine for plants tho just dmt spray directly on it. I use it and have never had a problem.

Comment

Then for the future try useing bio stims like silica b vites kelp humic acid microbes and simple sugars, amino acids and of cource calmag. This will extreamly help with a lot of things from stress to insects mold uptake of nutes and thicken ur cell walls. I use npk industries because there very cheap and go along way! 2oz pack does 200gallons and each pack is like 10bucks. It's worth looking into

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Uh, tyler, you're speaking to a newbie here who is dealing with fundamental problems. Let's keep it simple for now.

alltatup that is exactly how I am feeling. I finally got the nutrients and the ph up and ph down flowers were starting to take off and now this. Smh came close to quitting. Still kinda there

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Porcha, don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!! We all lose plants or seeds at the beginning. We all make mistakes; how else are you going to learn?

Is this a cheap hobby? NOOOOOOOOOO!!! But figure out if it's cheaper than what you were paying for weed that won't be near as good as what you can grow yourself. If you are growing outdoors, you have to deal with the shit that goes along with it: insects, heat, humidity, mold, etc. An indoor environment CAN be much more controlled, but you have to have the right lights and you have to be able to manipulate the temperature.

And if you don't want to buy that mister, don't buy it. Just use a clean spray bottle. Just make sure you thoroughly douse and drench the leaves underneath as well as on top. And you'll prolly have to do it more than once.

Growing cannabis is probably SLIGHTLY less work than having a month-old baby...

alltatup is right, sorry for makeing it a lot more complicated. Growing is very easy once u get the hang of it keep ur head up and dnt give up it will get a lot easyier it can be over welming with info it's one of those hobbys where's there's like an infinite amount of knowledge and that will come with time keep it simple and easy. It will work out just fine there very reiliant plants and can servive a lot. P.s the weed u will grow will be a lot better and a lot cheaper than the stuff u can buy plus u get to pick what u want lol I hope u have a better grow but dnt worry to much when u do run into problems we are all here to help and even exsperinced growers run into problems it's all a learning process.

Comment

I really appreciate the both of you. My first grow has had its ups and downs but still fun. I still have about 9 good looking plants going right now. The first pic is my favorite baby (It would suck if its a boy) but I see it has a little burn but I know it'll be fine. The second pic is the one that got really sick out of nowhere.

Comment

Just an update here's all my plants

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X