What's new
GrowWeedEasy.com
You're browsing as a guest. Sign up to join the conversation, share your grows, and get help from thousands of fellow growers — it's free and takes less than a minute.

2026-27 Winter Greenhouse Grow

Allotrope1000

Well-known member
Hello, Everyone.
In the scorching Sonoran Desert, the best outdoors greenhouse growing season is during the winter months.
If members are interested, I was going to do a series of posts for my next grow, starting with greenhouse repair, cleaning and set up. I am planning on growing 3 plants x 4 strains. For each strain, 1 plant will just grow out naturally, 1 LST'd and 1 topped. After greenhouse repair (see current pics), I will start with germination ending with cured bud,
proving yields for each plant and training type.
If you would be interested seeing a weekly drop of a 3-4 month experiment of growing, please reply back. I don't want to waste members time if no interest.

Best regards,
A1000
 

Attachments

  • 20260914_150936.jpg
    20260914_150936.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 20260921_160809.jpg
    20260921_160809.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20260921_160745.jpg
    20260921_160745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 20260921_160722.jpg
    20260921_160722.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
This could be very interesting. I used to build and repair greenhouses. If you need any info on repairs to make it stronger, just ask. My 1st suggestion is fasten a pt 2x6 along the bottom and put the cover tight and fasten to 2x6.
 
Thanks, @shadycon !
This polytunnel is really locked down.
12 x 18" ground anchors on the bottom frame, 2 x 2"/30' cargo tie downs cris-crossed over the top and about 60 bricks holding the skirt down on the ground.
You're far more skilled than I. I'll be posting some repair pics. If you see something, please shout out. Always looking for better ideas.
 
Hi, all.
I decided to do this. Thanks for your support. Next week or two will be rehabbing/cleaning/setting up the greenhouse.
Today's pics are of the new power station/plumbing support frame.
The five year old one using OSB and 2" landscaping poles rotted out. New one is 5 ply plywood and pressure treated 2 x 4's.
 

Attachments

  • 20260925_144608.jpg
    20260925_144608.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20260925_132136.jpg
    20260925_132136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Started the actual greenhouse rehab today. Cleaned the saucers, risers and nutrient buckets, then hosed clean the floor. Need to install new power station frame, strip old/install new cover and lights. Cleaning coco/perlite and pots last chore after everything else. Still planning on 12 plants.
 

Attachments

  • 20261003_140258.jpg
    20261003_140258.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 20261003_155016.jpg
    20261003_155016.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
What kind of plants are you growing? Auto? With the long nights, your photo plants should want to flower unless you are using a light to extend the day hours to at least 13 hours. Saying that, I've never grown outside in the winter, so I'm shooting from the hip with this school book insight.
 
Need2Know,
You ask pertinent questions! Definitely autos, and for the very first time, photos. I want to see how the low, natural light and bloom stretch affect yield and bud density.

Gator,
I used 12, 18" long anchors made from 3/8" rebar, 4 on each side and 2 on the ends. Instead of tie down cables, I looped 2, 2" x 30' nylon cargo tie downs over the center frame, the ends secured with 4 more ground anchors. Solid as a rock!
 
Cool. I'll be following this thread just to see how them photo's are doing through winter. I'm interested in how this experiment turns out, especially the daily light cycle. Only thing to add, Gator is right. When the wind gets up, if the greenhouse isn't solid to the ground or surrounding structure, it will definitely ruin your day. Saying that, it sounds like you know exactly what I'm on about and are preparing for the worst. This will be interesting. I hope the grow is a good one. (y)
 
Back
Top