No announcement yet.

First grow panic mode - the stems are getting really long - help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hi guuuuuys! : ) SO! Week 8 is here! Today hit day 56 and I am wondering ... how to choose perfect time for harvest? I read a bit on it but some info doesn't match so I was thinking I will ask you : )

I attached some pictures. The smell is very strong and buds are super sticky : ) I read that there is THC and CBD. CBD works more for anxiety right ( something I rly want to help my husband with )? How to find that perfect timing?

Thank you so much guys for helping me all the way you have no idea how happy we are. This is gonna help save so sooo much money! And I am hoping for a greater quality for my husband. I also plan to buy my husband a stash box for his birthday... does anybody have one of those? Comments are super positive and it looks handy and neat.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7471044...n1=1657128353#

I only don't know what that metal and white plastic things are haha

Anyway almost there guys! Thank you so very much for your help and assistance <3
    Last edited by RedAdmiral; 04-25-2021, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi RedAdmiral nice looking plants, i forgot what strain those are and are you feeding just bloom nutes? Yes CBD + THC, less THC better. Try and defoiliate the center and remove lower large leaf. You want the buds trichomes at the very least milky. No i don't have nothing but a little box with a lid for rolling papers,grinder and picks not a fancy one bet he would like that though.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't see the white plastic thing you were talking about, but the metal thing I think I can help with. The 2 metal things I saw were a grinder (which I'm pretty sure isn't what you were talking about), and a cartridge style vape pen. Kind of a neat little kit there, I'd be excited to get that for my birthday.

UUUUUUUPDAAAAAAAATE!

So guys I think they are still not ready? Another week? Or few days at least? Cleaned up and trimmed some leafs! Look at the pics and tell me what you think guys! <3 Thanks! ^^

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say you still have about 2 weeks, maybe just over. Make sure you're looking at the trichomes on the buds and not the sugar leaves. The trichomes on the sugar leaves will look ready a couple weeks prior to the harvest window. Watch the pistils and when they mostly turn from white to orange, look at the trichomes again. I usually try to wait until most of the bottom buds have at least 90% orange hairs on them and that's usually when they're close, if not in the harvest window. This is probably the hardest part right here, waiting for the last weeks when they look so good already. You'll be happy with the results though, and probably add a lot more weight to your buds too. You can also try a bud here and there in between to check how you like it. Most people go for more amber in the trichomes, but I like a little less in mine.
      Last edited by dphipps1020; 05-02-2021, 03:17 PM.

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, these plants turned out great! Great work!

You have done a great job with those Admiral , I think I read that you are helping your husband with anxiety , and if so you may want to wait until some of the trichs have turned amber and almost all of the pistals have turned red ( or orange ) and curled in. I also deal with anxiety and have found that some of the newer , hi THC hybrid strains are too much for me. Also the more mature the buds , the more of a relaxing , sleepy effect is gotten generally speaking. A LOT depends on the strain involved. As others have already opined , it looks like you have at least another week or two to go , maybe more if your going by your trichs. I purchased the clamp on microscope that is recommended on this site and you can get a great close-up look with at them with that.

Comment

Alright guys! It is week 10! After checking I see on some plants lots of amber on others less. I decided it is a good moment to put them into 2 days of darkness and them cut them and start the drying! Honestly it is quite a challenge to decide for the right moment. I only hope I am not doing it to early or to late haha : ) Magnifying glass x40 helps but still quite hard to say Well... The trial of darkness comes!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be fine...good luck!

So guys 2 days of darkness and this is how it looks! Now the hardest part for my husband... 3-4 weeks of patience haha So far so good! Thanks guys! <3

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Atta gal way to do it Those smaller buds heck i've been out of weed and smoked those once they dry well enough. Hope the wait was worth it for ya'll

• RedAdmiral
        RedAdmiral commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it was! This is gonna save up so much money and hopefully the quality will be better. I need to keep eye on my husband tho. He is constantly CHECKING on those haha :P

Guys me and my husband we are blown away... Thank you so much for your help we really appreciate! This will help us save so much money! <3 We got approx 380g of weed from 4 trees which will last him almost a year! So next grow we will start when there is 3 months of weed left... so there can be a continuous supply for my husband. Guys I cant thank you enough. You helped with solving a huge budget drain... thank you thank you thank you <3

Below some photos of the final product.

I did read that the humidity is a bit to low and should be between 60-65%? In the jars we have between 48-51%. Is that way to low?

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations. You have come a long way since "Frist grow panic mode" 48-51% is low. Usually after I put my harvest in jars the humidity rises in the jars over a few days so you may still be ok. Watch them for a few days. There are a few curing tutorials on GWE. Congrats again! It's a great feeling eh

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X