No announcement yet.

First grow panic mode - the stems are getting really long - help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read all the posts you made but still can't see what strain these are? Are they auto flower or photo do you know?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Are you feeding them nutes? They look small for nearly 3 weeks old

Comment

Hey guys! This is Crystal Candy XL autoflower. As for nutes... you mean do I use fertilizer? No, I don't I read a lot of info on it and some say you can but it is not necessary. Since I am a beginner I was not sure should I do it as my knowledge is very basic. What would you recommend?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          What do others in your country say that they have availible for vegi /bloom fertilizers? Find out and get some for marijuana.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhh OK i read up on that strain since you posted. Those look real nice

They look pretty good to me. Maybe a little small, but it's good for a first grow. One thing I will mention is that your soil looks very dry, may need to increase the amount of water you give. Hard to tell from a picture how wet it is underneath that but it might be slowing your growth if you're underwatering. It looks like your soil already has a little bit of nutrients, but you will probably want to add nutrients eventually. I don't really like autoflowers for beginners, there's not enough room for error and I know I sure made a lot of mistakes on my first few grows. Even if you end up with smaller plants, stick with it because the next time will be better. You can't really beat the experience either of watching it grow and seeing the different cycles, and the harvest. Oh, and since you moved the light back up just watch and make sure it doesn't start stretching again. I have a fan blowing over the top of my canopy, helps with the heat a little bit. Looks good to me so far though, should start flowering soon.

Comment

Ooooooooooook guys. I am reading up on fertilizer and I am terrified with the amount of info where on different pages I get different NPK values... so how is it? What kind of NPK I should use? I don't want to over do it and hurt my lovely ladies.

I did find some websites with super huge amount of NPK and I also have this one:

This is also the place where I bought my soil. What do you think guys are those suitable? I am a bit confused as some pages say it should be 2-1-2 and later 10-5-7 and some pages say 2-3-3 etc...
          I am trying to still grasp it as I read up but it feels quite complex. Would have to hear your opinions fellow growers! <3

Help:P

EDIT: Guys guys! I actually have the 8-2-2 one!
          I will make a solution for ladies tomorrow : )
          This should help them grow right? : )
          Last edited by RedAdmiral; 03-19-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

It looks to me like that's either a 2 or a 3 part solution and you may need the other bottles to take full advantage of them. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me when I pulled them up. The 8-2-2 should give you a good boost for veg but once you start flowering you'll want the bloom nutrients instead (or as well). You usually want higher N for veg and lower N for bloom. Someone with more experience on the NPK values will probably have to help you a little more. I use the GH Flora trio (Gro, Micro, Bloom) and CaliMagic and the values are way different so I'm not sure.

Comment

Alright! I used the 8-2-2 NPK fertilizer. So far I don't see any changes but... I decided to upgrade the light. In the upcoming week I am about to get Spiderfarmer SF4000. I hope it will be a good investment. I decided to go this instead of MarsHydro as SF4000 has a better quality build and better specs and drags a bit less power than Mars even when it is stronger. Will let you know guys when it is installed and will provide some pics. This grow will possibly give very little ( a feeling I have haha ) So the next grow I intend to document from start to finish.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice light for first timer

• RedAdmiral
                RedAdmiral commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I am reading a lot on the topic and to be honest my current light is just garbage haha It seems that proper light is crucial for the proper development. Ofc other stuff counts too but it seems like the light is of most importance which is kinda logical the more I read. And besides that SF4000 seems like a super solid and well built lamp and I am hoping it will last me for years. It will be used only once or twice per year but hey! That should even increase it life span!

Hello lovely fellow growers!

An update! I got a new lamp and in the end ended with... Mars 2000 haha Needed to go a bit budget as I needed to fix my PC. Anyway here are some pics! this is day 27!

I have top say after giving them a bit of fertilizer and that lamp it feels like they grow while you look at them!

Also - guys what is that white spot at the end of one leaves?

Lamp distance - 62 cm
              Temp - 23/25 celcius
              Humidity - 46-52%

Comment

• RedAdmiral
                RedAdmiral commented
                Editing a comment
                Also something I am not sure of: Should the lamp be 60 cm from the top of the plant or 60 cm from the pots? Thanks!

• MagicMike66
                MagicMike66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking good man. The discolouration looks like a droplet of water that’s landed on the leaf. Measure from top of canopy to lights for the distance

So Guys I have a bit of a problem. Later I will upload some pictures. The plants look healthy but my temp skyrockets and humidity as well. I am hitting almost 28 Celsius and 60% humidity. I got the dehumidifier but that's the reason why it is getting hotter. So with dehumidifier it stays less humid but higher temp without more humid but cooler. I am a bit worried not to get mold.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                What's your humidity without the dehumidifier? That temperature won't hurt your plants, as long as it doesn't go too much higher. Would it be easy for you to put the dehumidifier outside the tent? That may help keep the temperature down and still give the advantage of keeping the moisture down too. Just a thought.

Edit: I've had my tents get up to 90F and they were fine, just had to water a little more. My humidity doesn't get very high normally so I don't even really check that any more.

Hey guys! Thanks to dphipps1020 my problem with humidity and temp was solved! Thanks! Now as it just finished week 6 my leafs started to look awkward. Is this something to worry about? What is that?

Thank you!

Comment

Guys there is something wrong with the ladies Look at the pictures please... what is wrong with them? This is week 6. Humidity, temps stable. Feeding them with NPK 3-2-5 and 2-2-6 in dosage recommended by the brand. Are they missing something? or having something to much? Please help. Thank you!

Comment

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look thirsty to me. When you feed, are you doing one feed and then one plain water? Or are you feeding every time? Also, are you adding CalMag to your water? Are you lifting the pot to see how heavy it is? If you're doing it correctly, you should only be watering every 2-4 days, depending on size of the plant.

Oh daaaaamn! dphipps1020 It seems it has been done wrong all the time. Feeding everyday with 1,5 liter ( per lady ) water and a mixture of those 2 ( look at pictures ). CalMag? Calcium Magnesium?I am not adding anything apart of those 2 fertilizers... is this grow a screw up ? : ( I also have a CalMag spray for leaves but was scared to use it especially now when there are buds growing... is it ok to use it (see pic)?

The pots when lifted are quite light even after watering. So the ladies are thirsty and have a deficiency? can I still help them and save them? Thank you dphipps1020 for helping me out. I am in more panic now then in the beginning

EDIT: PH after feeding 5.85 so a bit on the low side I guess. Measured off the drippings on the plate. I will try to adjust it a bit higher on the next feeding. This time instead of 1,5 liter per lady we gave 3 liters. The pot seems heavier and much better filled. Removed the sick leaves and trimmed a little bit. Now awaiting your response about the nutrients. Thanks! <3
                Last edited by RedAdmiral; 04-17-2021, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Yo Red Admiral, just to give you my input, I think DPhipps has hit the nail on the head with his last suggestions - firstly, don't water every day (like he says, every 2 to 4 days is fine), as soil grown cannabis does prefer distinct wet & dry periods. Secondly, don't add nutrients with every watering, as it then saves the soil becoming too overloaded too quickly & gives you abit more of a buffer - certainly, some growers do add nutes every watering, but you've really got be 100% accurate with actual required levels, and if you're not then it usually causes more problems than it solves.

The way i see it is, it's always better to underfeed/underwater than overfeed/overwater, as a plant will still grow fine underfed, it'll just not be as much weight, whereas an overfed plant will have trouble growing and may not end up producing any weight if it's medium becomes too cooked by nutes. Plus you'll learn alot easier about feeding if you essentially don't feed, wait till you see a deficiency response in a plant and then add a little bit, compared to feeding recommended dosage amounts straight away and trying to work through the confusion of signals of what the plant is actually saying to you. It's alot easier to learn over time if & when something needs to be added, rather than if something needs to be taken back out again.

In general, your leaves look fine, so i wouldn't be too worried about nutes right now, and you could even do half the recommended bottle dosage for awhile, as they don't look like they're crying out for nutes, and that again gives you bit more of a buffer safety zone.

The other thing i was gonna say was 1.5L waterings, even every day, probably isn't going to be saturating those size pots all the way through, which does also risk less root development, as if the bottoms are never wet then there's no reason for roots to expand down there. Underwatering can often look like over-watering in how your plant signals it, though since you say pots are very light usually, then i think yours are probably just not being watered properly, rather than necessarily being overwatered.

For your babies now though, i think your idea of increasing watering amounts to 3L is a great idea, as that should be enough to mean you start seeing abit of run-off from bottom of pots which is good, and if you combine that 3L amount with Dphipps input of watering every few days and interchanging between 1 plain watering and 1 nute watering, then i think you should see them start to perk up fine!
                  Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 04-17-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

To add just a little bit to the previous post...

The tips of your leaves are all brown, that's why I asked about your feeding schedule. That usually indicates just a slight nutrient burn. Not too much over feeding, but just enough to turn the tips brown. Yeah CalMag = calcium magnesium, most of the time you should add this with your feedings. I use the GH Flora trio and even though it says it's a complete system I still add it. And if you're using coco or doing hydro you especially want to use it.

For your watering, you'll want to water until you get runoff. Sometimes I let my pots sit in the water to soak the rest of the coco in the pots. I know it's not recommended, but I do it anyway. Once you water them good, lift up the pot to feel the weight. You'll notice it's quite heavy, wait until it's half that weight, maybe a little less and water again. It usually takes about 2-4 days as I already mentioned. A good way to learn the weight is to let your pots dry up enough that your leaves start to droop a little bit, and feel the weight of the pot then and try to keep the weight above that. You don't have to lift them every day, start at the third day for now. Also, let your pH level fluctuate a little bit. I usually try for between 5.8-6.2 with my watering and it seems to be doing well for me. Some suggest doing the full range of 5.5-6.5, but I don't go that far with mine.

I hope I didn't miss anything there. Your damaged leaves won't recover, just make sure it doesn't get worse. If it doesn't get worse, then the problem should be corrected and you should be able to continue just fine. We'll get you there and it will be smooth sailing for you after that.

Comment

Thank you guys for all your input... you are amazing <3 I will order CalMag today : )

Edit: Actually guys I also have this product: https://www.cellmax.eu/shop/cellmax-cocobloom-xy/

It has this in it:
                  • 8,1% (CaO)
                  • 1,8%(MgO)
                  Calcium Oxide and Magnesium Oxide? I am guessing that's what I need ?! ( I hope haha )
                  Last edited by RedAdmiral; 04-19-2021, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• dphipps1020
                    dphipps1020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It looks to me like it has a little already, but you probably still want to add a little bit. From what I've read it never hurts to add a little extra.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X