Thanks, Taking a long break.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Taking a long break.

I just got done dismantling my grow tent and boxed up the light panels and other equipment and threw everything into storage. I'm taking a break and most likely won't be doing any projects till next year. Out of 48 plants I started out with, other than the 8 I gave away, only two survived and the other 38 died. Other than the autos, the regulars never made it to flower state though I was able to take a LOT of the foliage during the vegetative state and make CannaOil which I used in making brownies and cupcakes over the past 6 months. The two plants that survived my incompetence were Girl Scout Cookies and Nevil Haze. I'm considering just putting those two plants outside and see how well they take to the sun light.
    I started this project back in December of 2016 using the incorrect knowledge of growing plants and applying it to growing weed. If it wasn't for so many people here putting me in the right direction, I wouldn't even have the 2 survivors I have now. Plus getting sick and not being able to care for them these past few months didn't help either. I learned a lot here and will apply this knowledge for my next grow, which again most likely wont start till 2018. To much needs to get done and not the time to do it, like putting up the larger grow tent I bought to replace the small 5 footer. And on top of it, not knowing what is really going on with the new laws now that our POTUS who said he wouldn't do anything but so far seeing opposite of that and the most recent phone call had me thinking I should take a long break and sit on the side lines for a while. As for the phone call, one of the few pharmacies I been buying from until my own plants were ready had closed up and vanished which happens a lot so never gave it a second thought until the owner called me asking me to sell my plants to a friend of his. I have never sold any of my plants since I started this project back in December, and the 8 I gave away due to not having the room for them I took absolutely nothing for. Don't know why, but something was screaming in my head to just hang up so did so but not before letting them know I don't sell plants and never will and all are dead but 2, and I am not giving those away.
    My GSC is my pride and joy of all the hard work I put into this so not surprised it is one of the few survivors. Anyway, if I get any surprise visits after that weird call I'll definitely post it here. For now, I'm taking a long break but wanted to thank everyone who helped me through these 6 months and have not forgotten anything so next time everything should run smooth.
    Beware the strange man dancing in the woods, he wants your firstborn plants. Goes by the name, Trumplestilskin. =) (Had to add some humor)

I wish you well my friend. I hope to see you around again sometime. And I'm very sorry to hear about your situation but I would do the same if I were you. Sounds like the smart move. Good luck

Comment

All the best Xanthor, keep your head down and enjoy that GSC when it's done.
      Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Hello Xanthor. Brother that call you got has even got me looking out the windows, that's very scary. Be cool for a while, I trust gut feelings. It's gonna be alright enjoy your cookie. Best of luck
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

good luck on your future endeavours, we'll all look forward to seeing you back when you're ready.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will return. Most likely once I move. In the meantime, I have a question. I'm boxing up the soil from my original plants, the ones that were autos which I never got to flush and was going to re-use the soil as the test kit shows its packed with nutrients, not to mention is expensive soil I rather not toss. As I was about to break the soil up, I was wondering if I should grind up the soil with the dead roots still in the soil, or if I should remove them. These older pots that are dried out don't have any issues, mold, diseases, the soils really good. I'm just not sure if when I break these 20+ 1 gallon pots up, if I should leave the roots in them or remove them.

Comment

Remove them. They don't decompose fast enough to take advantage of and its a mold risk

Comment

Been gone a long time due to health issues, and while I was in hospital, had a break in where they took a bunch of old electronics, a broken scooter, and all my grow equipment. Don't know when it was done, but located a lot of my things because the idiots who stole the broken scooter, charged it and was able to locate where it all went via GPS. Was about to call the PD, but having second thoughts of just waiting it out. Seems they are using both my circulation fans, the noise one makes is unmistakable coming from their two car garage. Well, here is the reason I am considering on waiting. One of my hospitalizations, I didn't get a chance to remove the male plants, and I gather there were power outages that screwed up the light timers as many of the male plants, bloomed and saturated my equipment, including the circulation fans. My guess is, now that they are using those fans, won't the pollen destroy what they are growing? I figure if I report now, it won't do much, other than get them locked up, but if I wait it out, and they waste money producing plants that got fertilized, that is if that's possible using my things they stole, wouldn't it be worth the wait?

Comment

Welcome back Lord X. sorry to hear about your run of bad luck! Remember what goes around comes around as they say so the pricks who stole from you will get theirs sooner or later. Sounds like they knew what they were after. Did you break the cardinal rule of growing? TELL NO ONE NOTHING! Better luck to you!
                  Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                  Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                  Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                  Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                  Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                  i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                  My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                  make pH correction unnecessary
                  Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                  8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                  Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                  Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Originally posted by TOKABIGONE View Post
                    Welcome back Lord X. sorry to hear about your run of bad luck! Remember what goes around comes around as they say so the pricks who stole from you will get theirs sooner or later. Sounds like they knew what they were after. Did you break the cardinal rule of growing? TELL NO ONE NOTHING! Better luck to you!
                    Other than what I said above earlier, said nada for years. They only broke into my garage, a blind spot my security system doesn't cover, but does now. They built a train station behind us, so it's easy for people to see when we come and go, and another neighbor is suing the town because they refuse to allow higher fences to be installed. What's so funny about this, the house that used to exist where the station is now, was taken by the state after owner arrested long ago. Similar theft. That family would break into people's homes nearby and only take what wasn't missed. Only got caught because a tablet they stole, they charged up and it was close enough to connect to my router that when I switched providers and put a new one in, was a bit surprised when it requested connection when I was configuring Mac address blocking. Tablet was supposed to be in garage 3 years, and battery long dead. When I did a GPS check and saw it was in home behind us, called pd who at the time was only willing to do a civil standby. They got caught eventually on another break in. Figured that house now gone, that ended this nonsense. Anyway, filed a report, serial numbers, items taken, and gps. Just sitting back and waiting to see what gets done, and oh yeah, told to stay away from the house in question. Dejavu all over again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X