When to move to Flowering Stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! When to move to Flowering Stage?

This is my first try at indoor growing. (Last year my outdoor attempt was really dismal and have since spent a lot of time learning how to do it right.) So far so good! I had a few scares, but they seemed to self-correct. I'm still not 100% certain when to move to the Flowering Stage. I transplanted the seedlings into the grow room about 8 weeks ago, (April 3). I'm thinking that June 1st may be good to make the change. I have 4 plants, two are about 10" tall and the smaller two are 7 to 8" tall. All of the upper leaves have about the same spread of 9 to 10" across. The upper leaves now have 5 leaves per cluster and I'm seeing new leaf growth at the base of each stem on the leaves underneath. (Can't tell you how exciting this is!) I couldn't seem to find a good answer on this question. Is it time to go to the flowering stage or wait? They seem a bit short, but I have no previous reference on this. (I'm not in a rush.) The seeds are "Pre-99 Big Bud Feminized" from Nirvana.

Thanks for any help,

Zoot

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-29-17 B - (Resized).JPG
Views:	220
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	100086Click image for larger version

Name:	5-29-17 A - (Resized).JPG
Views:	200
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	100087
    Last edited by Zoot5377; 06-01-2017, 08:02 AM.

That's a personal preference question but I can help ya a bit what size are the pot u are growing in also what day are u on total from planting and ur plants are 10inchs tall also how tall is the room ur growing in roughly?

Comment

• Zoot5377
      Zoot5377 commented
      Editing a comment
      The pots are the two gallon sacks that came with the start up kit form Nirvana. The room is about 4' x 4' x 7'. The plants are right at 2 months. I'm going to switch to Flowering Stage tomorrow.

Can't see any photos but excited for ya! Tell us how it goes!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Zoot!! Your pictures didn't come out; you may have to make them smaller???

I looked up your strain, and Nirvana says: Additionally it can be expected to grow into a Short, Medium plant reaching 80cm - 110cm (30-40"). So if they've been in veg for this long, I'd say go ahead and unleash the flowering phase!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Zoot5377
        Zoot5377 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, tomorrow I'm going to make the switch to the Flowering Stage.

I like to leave my in veg until I have the canopy that I want .lots and lots of bud sites I agree with alltatup flip away
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Zoot5377
        Zoot5377 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I think that I may be overly cautious as this is my first real attempt and am uncertain when to do things. Switching tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum zoot.......i am the same here......flip away......after about 3/4 weeks in veg, with photoperiod plants it's up to you.
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

U want to switch to flower at half ur desired size of plant

Comment

• Zoot5377
          Zoot5377 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, here's where the confusion sets in. In one of the sets instructions it says that the "Stretch" period will increase plant size 2 to 3 times. This strain says it will grow to 30" to 40". With that in mind, if I go to flowering now, I won't hit the 30" to 40" for all of the plants. Besides, at 4 weeks they were really small. It seems like the last couple of weeks they really grew well.

I let mine veg for just over 4 weeks and the yield ended out being more than I expected, so I'd imagine 8 weeks is plenty. But as Tyler said, its more about personal preference, though I wouldn't go less than 4 weeks.
        #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
        Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
        Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• Zoot5377
          Zoot5377 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

Yes, this is really exciting. I feel like an explorer in uncharted territory. I've never been here before. And they are so beautiful.

I resized the original pictures. Hope they come out. Thanks. Y'all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-29-17 A - (Resized).JPG
Views:	181
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	100097Click image for larger version

Name:	5-29-17 B - (Resized).JPG
Views:	194
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	100098

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          What are you using for a light source?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That's how we all feel at the beginning; their beauty never ceases to amaze me...

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          Ur either useing an hps light or that's most likely a male

I personaly would let her double in size in veg then switch to flower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X