Coco grow. Nute/light burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Coco grow. Nute/light burn?

50/50 coco/perlite. 300w Galaxy hydro LED (90cm/35" high). Using cyco nutes and watered with ph'd water. (Havent checked run off). Hand top watered roughly every second day based on how dry medium is.
    She doomed?
    Attached Files

Hey disappointed, so from the looks of her nute burn is one possibility. But im partly leaning more towards overwatering maybe, just because of the overall droopiness of her leaves. How far down are you feeling for dryness of medium and about how much water are you giving her? Also what ratio of nutes are you giving?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jack, i feel about a knuckle deep. Sometimes feel its dry from weight. Thought coco/perlite drains well enough to orevent overwatering? I havent been too generous with water (apart from the recent flushing) nute ratio is less than what packaging says.

When I started out I just water around the plant in a circle. As plant gets wider my circle gets wider, helps coco dry a lil quicker. Leds don't make much heat so coco will not dry as fast. Plant looks like it will be OK, definitely saveable

Comment

I also use the cyco line of nutrients, are you using the Platinum Series or just the base grow A B . Cut your strength in half check your pH runoff I don't think it's over watering hard to overwater and Coco if you got a lot of perlite. I think cyco recommends 2 milliliters per liter on the grow A B , cut that in half till she recovers keep posting lots of pictures help , good luck.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Just using the Bloom A & B. Will cut nutes in half and check run off this arvo. Will post pics in future. Thanks!

Hey Disappointed, the flush is probably why it looks droopy and led me to thibk it was overwatering. But i agree with Sammy, a little bit of nutes goes a long way. I grow in soil so my feed schedule is completely different than what you are using, but checking your runoff is extremely important. I hope all goes well, keep is posted!

Comment

possible pH problem.
        check the runoff, should be between 5.5-6.5 pH. Around 6.0 is better.
        Even if you water at the correct pH the pH of the coco at the plant roots can be different.
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Is your coco peat buffered,as unbuffered coco can have very high levels of sodium salts present. If is not buffered then it needs to be flushed really well before use.preferably with calcium chloride to exchange the sodium ions for calcium ions

Comment

My run off ph was low (5.5) does this mean my girls were unable to uptake enough calcium which in turn led to light burn and other nutrition deficiencies? Not sure if i should persist with coco or transfer into a soil grow im confident with?

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been struggling with low pH in one of my pots. When you water, do it at 6.5 until your runoff pH slowly comes up to around 6, if you're still having trouble try watering at 7.0 to see if you can get the runoff pH up a bit.

I think your light might be a bit high too. Should be able to get it down to 24-30" early on as a seedling, then 18-22" for the rest of the grow
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              could try going lower to-12" but you may run into problems

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the light dimmed also. As the plant was showing signs of light burn because of the lack of calcium. Wouldn't giving more light just hurt the plant?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X