[Q] What i need for DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Q] What i need for DWC

Hi guys. I got a bit confused. How much air/water flow i need for a plant in DWC? it depends on CO2 level? Give a range please.

i wanna buy "General Hydroponics GH4720 Farm Controller, Terra Cotta" from Amazon. Is it a good option for me? Idk how this system makes water to flow using an air pump. Do I have to setup my own air/water pump for cannabis in this system?
    Last edited by Iammygod; 11-02-2016, 01:45 AM.

Man that all sounds confusing....

Dirt of some kind, seed ,water,growing...easy

Hope you get all your answers...you will get plenty of answers...

Comment

My DWC buckets don't have water flow. They are a standing reservoir. As long as air comes from the bottom to form bubbles then you are good. That system looks like it has a mother tank and is automated to supply the other buckets. I'd say it has everything you need for that price tag.

Comment

Those Farm Controller sets are pretty neat. It's like a bunch of little DWC buckets, and there's one main bigger "controller" and a big main reservoir that's higher than all the others and holds more water. It uses a float valve to keep all the buckets topped off with fresh nutrient water.

​​​​​​If you want to use a bunch of buckets with different plants in each one, this can very a great choice and comes with everything you need (hardware, nutrients, etc), just add expanded clay pebbles, plants and put it under your lights!

You still need to pay attention to each bucket individually for the best results, but it makes it a lot easier than managing each one separately.

My only piece of advice is make sure there's a way to catch all the water if it leaks out, just until you know for sure everything is water tight The worst thing about a system like this is if it leaks because a grommet is loose. Since some of the holes are located at the bottom of the buckets, it could slowly drain everything if one of them starts dripping! However the people from General Hydroponics are really knowledgeable and they'll be able to help you troubleshoot problems and maximize your system for growing a big plant like "tomatoes"

Comment

I used the GH power growers on my last run. You can see my grow in the attached link. They are very similar with the farm you're looking at. It uses a drip ring system. The air pump pushes air into the bottom of the reservoir where there's a tube that goes up to the drip ring. It forces air and water/nutrients from the reservoir into the drip rings which irrigate your hydroton and consequently, the roots. I added an air stone to my reservoir, FYI.

Comment

Most DWC systems use just a air stone to bubble the solution-it's all self contained in the bucket. RDWC systems use a recirc pump along with aeration from a central rez. And NHz is correct-it can be a pretty steep learning curve on damage/leak control if it does leak so plan for disasters.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X