Curing for edibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing for edibles

Just wanted to see if anyone has a opinion on curing your buds for edible use? I would figure that if the cure in jars helps the potency for smoking it would be the same for eating.
    me want cookies

You're killing me Smalls!

🌱 That's a great question! It seems like the process of decarboxylating (cooking the weed before you turn it into edibles) is usually enough to make the edibles feel strong, even if you use fresh bud.

But I've only really made edibles with fresh (less than 2 weeks old) bud, so to be honest, I'm also really interested in what others have to say! 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

Did you ever find an answer? I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

I think that it has everything to do with proper decarbing your weed. Most ovens are 10-15 degrees off. Keep that in mind when you decarb.

Comment

I make oil every grow. The only difference I've noticed between cured flowers and larpy flowers and trim just dried and processed is cured has way more pronounced taste and flavor. I would assume making cookies or candies with cured vs dried would be the same. I also make Bhang tea alot, same thing. Cured flower is always tastier.
          I bet Bob Marley's mansion
          has a garden in the back
          Where he's growing something special
          Some celestial homemade hash
          we'll sit down on his front porch
          And listen to the angels band
          Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• Woodsman67
            Woodsman67 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, Blue Dreams is kicking my ass this morning. Wake and bake much?😄 on the dried flowrs and trim, the taste is akin to fresh hay at times, maybe im just a picky shit. I prefer my meds to be flowery. Not weedy. With the oil and bhang its fine psychoactive wise, and medicine wise, its just a flavor and smell thing. Why is always so hard to explain your thoughts while stoned?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X