"Feeling alright..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Feeling alright..."

Sorry folks, got nobody else to talk to about growing and feeling pretty good about this one. Guessing I've got a couple more weeks to go until harvest and this is the time buds fatten up even more! Just sitting here smoking a bowl and admiring plant. Took some larf buds off underneath and while I know they will never reach full potential, it just seems wrong! 😂 She has completely filled in my 2X2 grow space and I can't turn her or get to the sides and rear to trim fan leaves I know should go. Will be expanding grow area after this grow. That will be the last item I have completely replaced since I started growing. If anything, I would tell new growers to expect to buy everything twice. You can get great advice here but some things can only be seen after you jump in with both feet. But I digress... must have something to do with this homegrown in my bowl!!! 😆
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

So fabulous! Enjoy your day and thank you for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by PuravidaC View Post
      If anything, I would tell new growers to expect to buy everything twice. You can get great advice here but some things can only be seen after you jump in with both feet.
      You aren't wrong.

I thought I would be doing this with a couple of pails, a few CFL's, some dirt and seeds for maybe $100. Well, here we are just 10 days into my first grow and I'm out a heck of a lot more than that.

I'm considering a second 300 Watt LED. I have a couple of dozen more seeds in the air over the Atlantic as I type this. I've expanded my space by 50%. I have a variety of pot sizes to try out. Just imagine where I'll be by the time I actually harvest for the first time.

Gears

Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gears is right about the pesticide - ever wake up in the morning after smoking all day and still feeling a bit spaced-out? That 's from pesticides. Now that I grow my own, no more spaced out mornings.

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Never would have thought pesticides or herbicides were used on medical marijuana. Greed is a terrible thing. I was surprised how "clean" my homegrown made me feel afterwards. Again, never knew...

• Bikerstonrr
        Bikerstonrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Even though I agree about buying things twice, I also know that I am still ahead moneywise. I have harvested about 3 oz's and given the cost of even marginal weed I am way ahead of the game. Not to mention all of the other good things, taste, aroma, stone and fun associated with growing your own.

Yes, I keep adding and adding. Haven't even started full on yet.

Comment

@PuravidaC Pretty sure I read a different article. But this is from one of 131 returns of a search for "pesticide" on High Times

"California’s situation may be even worse than a few isolated incidents, with Steep Hill Labs reporting that 85 percent of the samples submitted for inspection contained levels of pesticide residue prohibited by Oregon standards."

"Even in states with a robust medical marijuana market, lack of official oversight creates financial incentives that sometimes trump concern for public health and safety. This leads some growers to harvest their plants by any means necessary, including through the use of some truly scary rodenticides, fungicides and pesticides—none of which have been scientifically studied to determine their effects on human health when combusted and inhaled."

High Times - The Problem With Pot And Pesticides
        Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Stunned... truly stunned. I quess I shouldn't be surprised. I remember how we felt when they started cutting LSD with all manner of shit or when our government funded spraying marijauna fields with paraquate (sp...)!!!

• Nsky
          Nsky commented
          Editing a comment
          Ach! Horrible. Another reason to grow your own. Yes...lol..god knows what was in our lsd. I used to prefer organic mescaline. Ahhh. The old days.

Wow, definitely looking better than 'alright'! You should be proud! That's a great looking plant!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X