No announcement yet.

The Seedy Side Of Seedbanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedsman has a great rep, I hope they come through. I made an order a month ago, I show the transaction but they don't. Ruth there has been great but honestly after a month I've pretty much given up, lol.

My Nirvana order, placed the same day went like:

Ordered 5-13-17 (Saturday)

Shipped 5-16-17

Arrived 5-25-17

I may try The Vault next. Of course if Seedsman does come through they'll have a loyal customer. And Nirvana is on my "short list" of go to places.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Ged, I sure hope Seedsman comes through for you. How could your money just... disappear like that????

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of strangeness happened putting in that order. Honestly it wasn't shocking this happened it was so bad. That was all on my end though, and like I said Ruth has been good to deal with, so while the time length is depressing, there's still hope, lol.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm always tempted by the discounts they offer if I DON'T use the credit card, but I always use the credit card cuz it seems safest.

I wanted to update on Seedsman.

Got an email from Ruth today and it looks like they've got it straightened out, and my order, and apparently some freebies for the inconvenience, will be on it's way to me. I'm not even actually sure they found the payment on their end.

Ruth over there is great, I really expected to get screwed over in this mess, but I am pleasantly surprised. All I can say is Seedsman is a class and reputable outfit as far as I'm concerned!

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Really glad to hear it, and it's how I assumed they would proceed.

A friend was given some "Jack Herer" [sic] Auto seeds from HighSupplies.com. The seeds came in a transparent plastic bubble packaging leaving them exposed to sunlight which wasn't very encouraging. Of five seeds only two popped and the resulting plants have been very disappointing. One of the plants self-topped, completely failing to develop an apical stem.

By comparison I highly recommend Mephisto Genetics and Nirvana. I have had very reliable germination with seeds from both vendors and great results
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Again I have to chime in for seedsman..........v.good service
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

THE STUPENDOUS SIDE OF SEEDBANKS: SEEDSMAN comes through again!! Oh ho the wells fargo wagon is a comin down the street...
        Attached Files
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally recommend them. I had an issue where a payment went missing and they fixed it, upped the count on some of my ordered seeds and tossed in extra freebies beyond what I had coming. Great people there.

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay it's like Christmas!!! 😁

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          MommaBear well we just passed summer solstice this week, so this was my solstice present!!!

Seedsman comes through again dudes............I ran out of all auto seeds but WW and wanted a change, ordered 3 single BF autos on Sunday and received them on Tuesday..........the first one I tried broke surface yesterday
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey alltatup , I got two White Widow autos from seedsman in, they are leftovers from black Friday, and I got a sweet tooth auto from Barneys Farm.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got a Mephisto Sweet Toof auto I want to grow next. We will have to compare them.

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok no probs

I totally gotta vote for Seedsman!

I got my order today, it's taken 5 weeks to get it straightened out, lol.

When I placed the order there were a lot of complications, all on my end, well my bank but not Seedsman's fault. The next day I realized I didn't get a confirmation and contacted Customer Service. They said they showed the several declined attempts but no actual sale. In the mean time my bank has taken the money out of my account. So Ruth ( CS Rep ) starts working with me to figure out where my money is but she can't find it in any of their payment processing places. All the while my bank is no help because I don't really wanna talk about my purchase, lol.

I'm not even positive Seedsman ever found the payment but they sent my order, up graded a 3 pack to a 5 pack, plus a bunch of CBD Critical Mass, an AK48, and another 4 Candida's!

I'm sure if I had wanted to fix it faster they would have obliged, but I always consider these orders as "lost money" anyways because...customs. Oh yea and a nifty stealth item that I'll actually use for around the house stealth.

Anyways, if you're a first time buyer or have never tried Seedsman before, GWE endorses them for a reason.

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Woo hoo!!! It's been a good week and Seedsman has saved the day!!

Sometimes my credit card will get declined a few times in a row, but if I keep at it, eventually it goes through. If at first you don't succeed..... go get high.

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea it was strange, I had the normal decline because international. A call to the bank to authorize a payment. Declined again, a few times in frustration. Another call and go ahead from the bank. Declined several times. Another call to the bank because now I have a fraud alert hold, lol then they have me register my replacement card even though the old one was good until Dec.

I already mumble and talk to myself, lol that didn't help... But I got no issues at all. Oh and it only took 4 days to get here from when they shipped!

I had a good purchase from True North Seed Bank. A few freebies and good communication from their CS. No hang ups from CAN to USA.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          TN and Seedsman seem to be two of the favorites on this forum.

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I've also bought from Nirvana directly and have nothing but good things to say about them too. The only downside to going to them direct is the freebies aren't there. But good stealth, fast shipping and arrival.

Originally posted by Gears View Post

I used Coinbase, Sonnyhad A few people commented in this thread that they preferred it.

I don't know whether Coinbase is still safe, I read some news saying that Coinbase holding users' funds. Do you think it is safe? I found this article concerning safety of CoinBase, what are your views.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          I successfully used coinbase for Attitudes Halloween sale (last month)

Seedsman arrived for me almost 30 days after ordering( thought I lost it) but the order was correct and the shipping very discreet. Happy it arrived.
        Also ordered from PEVgrow. They offer low priced seeds and took just over 2 weeks to arrive. 4 out of 5 seeds germinated so far. The cat killed one and one sprouted and then died 2 days later?
        Aslo ordered from Mephisto Canada with no problems.
        Mephisto was 6 days after payment(e-transfer) to my mailbox with almost as many freebies as paid for seeds.
        So far all my orders are without mishap and my seed stock is overflowing. Time for another tent I think and a greenhouse for next summers outdoor grow.

Comment

I've had great luck with Nirvana, MSNL, and haze.io

Haze.io is by far the fastest. But never had issues with any of them. I always order enough to get free super stealth shipping but it's worth the money if you have to pay extra.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X