pH- 6.00
    T-5 (HO) Sun Blaster Nano-Tech (6400 K)
    Humidity Dome- In Place
    Medium- Rapid Rooters
    Cloning Gel/Powder- Root Tec (Gel)

Foliar spray CX Clone Start, Kelp & Yucca Root

-----------------------------------------

Blue System (6/2, 3-times a day)

# Day-6: Silver Haze Clones (x2) (Repeating Day-1 Until they can establish them under LED lighting)

Water Changed- Day- 6

Air Recirculation/Exchange- On 24-7
    (P-300, Platinum LED) VEG ON = 6-Point LED WARM Bulb

Got the Sump Tanks air pump turned back on again, after I had to turn it off because of the Yucca Root (SledgeHammer by Fox Farm) I had to add, which foamed up everything. Overall the two plants are looking good, they do appear as if they are starting to root in good and starting to take off.

Red System (6/2 light schedule 3-times a day)

# Day-39 Higgs Boson Haze (Seedling) & Silver Haze (Clone)
    Water Changed- Day- 1
    System Water Level- Full
    pH- 0.00
    PPM's- 000
    Water Temp- 66.7
    Air Temp - 81.5
    RH- 55.0
    CO2- Off
    Veg LED (#1 P-450, Platinum LED) = *VEG ON*

Spent some time getting the new air pump connected up to the 12-air stones and getting everything set up to start working as it is intended, one of the air stones needed to be replaced after it wouldn't allow air movement, replacing it really increased the air flow. While working on this the water pump begin sucking air, and it became apparent an EMERGENCY water change was needed to repair the "drip" water leak at the Red Heater, repaired with the Orange RTV, at it holds up the UC Roots (Diluted Hydrochloric Acid). To make the water change work in the ways it needs to work, I had to fill FOUR OF THE SIX Plant Tubs, and the Red Sump (ONLY). Added 30-ml of pH Down to the Red Sump, for when the water is to temp and I can turn the pump back on, the PPM's are 180 and the pH is 2.50. Clearly the pH Down adds to the PPM's, as I sucked everything out of the tanks and tubs, and even when filling the PPM's never spiked until after the pH Down.

Removed a few leaves which where turning yellow and spotted, looked to be more of a nutrient issue today over anything else, Hoping to flip the plants to Bloom just as soon as the water temp comes up... but questioning if that is the best decision and so I guess at the last minute I'll just have to decide based off what I think is best in that moment.
    The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

MID DAY REPORT:

Yellow System- Clones are not looking good at all... they are showing signs of yellowing leaves and nute deficiency, and I am going to start spraying more with the CX Clone Start as I am seriously hoping it will fix the issue and that it is not a heat related issue somehow.

Red System- When I turned on the pump when the water came to temp this morning the Red Heater's water leak was no longer an occasional drip anymore, now it has moved up to a steady drip which has required some new parts to be installed, but won't get them in until tomorrow is the hopeful goal. Both RED & BLUE System will be getting a new valve to control the water between the Heater Tubes to the 8-Port Manifold connection. The concept is that I will be able to then use the heater(s), mix the water and new nute batches without having to let the plants see the water mix until everything is more perfectly balanced, it will change the plant stress at water changes and should help to stay more on track with the water changes on time without the extra day or two hassle of getting prepped ahead of time. When I make the upgrade, I will remove the old clear fish aquarium silicone and replace it with the Orange RTV to seal the Uni-Seal to the PVC heater case as I believe that is where the issue is for the leak.
      The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.

Comment

# Day-7 (Higgs Boson Haze Cuttings)

Water Changed- Day- 7
        pH- 6.00
        T-5 (HO) SunBlaster Nano-Tech (6400 K)
        Humidity Dome- In Place
        Medium- Rapid Rooters
        Cloning Gel/Powder- Root Tec (Gel)

Foliar spray CX Clone Start, Kelp & Yucca Root

Plants are showing nute issues, sprayed again today, Rapid Rooters looked dry... thought several had all died including the cutting... but they all perked up after being watered and sprayed... who knows what will happen at this point I guess.

Blue System (6/2, 3-times a day)

# Day-8: Silver Haze Clones (x2) (Repeating Day-1 Until they can establish them under LED lighting)

Water Change Day-8

(P-300, Platinum LED) VEG ON = 6-Point LED WARM Bulb

From the tips they are showing nute issues... and yet I've heat stressed them a number of times now. Finally got the tee put in and now the Fan pulls Blue/Red hot air from both systems now at the same time together and I can regulate the air flow from the Blue System... one step closer to the Ice Box Chiller I hope.

Red System (6/2 light schedule 3-times a day)

# Day-39 Higgs Boson Haze (Seedling) & Silver Haze (Clone)
        Water Changed- Day- 3
        System Water Level- Full
        pH- 6.00
        PPM's- 144
        Water Temp- 67.4
        Air Temp - 73.0
        RH- 55.0
        CO2- Off
        Veg LED (#1 P-450, Platinum LED) = *VEG ON*

150ml UC Roots
        60ml Cal-Mag
        75ml Bloom A
        75ml Bloom B

Plants are looking okay, still have issues with some leaves, will continue to pluck and carefully look... it is time to spray Zero Tolerance again, but I am working on upgrades and so I will have to keep a close eye on things and keep trying to play it by ear and hope I am doing all the right things, because I am seriously having issues with memory and figuring things out... I can't complete logical processes, can't tell right from left, or figure other basic things out... yet sometimes I get these moments of clarity I get it all, and can do something for short periods of time before I can't again, so I keep trying to work within those brief periods each time I get them and hope and pray the rest the time I knew what I thought I knew then, because I have no way to double check anything.

Comment

() Have been having issues with getting this site and others to load, haven't been online do to this issue. So here is a speedy update:

Blue System- The Silver Haze Cutting -DIED and when I pulled it out carefully it was seriously still found to have NO ROOTS of any kind leaving the Rapid Rooter, it must have only been surviving while I was misting it because of the lack of roots and when I wasn't able to keep doing it, then it died.

Yellow System- There was a Boson Higgs Haze Leaf Cutting which looked rather perky and so I pulled it up to move it around and their was four root branches coming out of it several inches long, so it replaced the DEAD ONE in the Blue System...TODAY Day-1

Red Heater started leaking not only from the Uni-Seal, but also from the center connection point, I'll have to tear it apart to figure out if its the UC Roots, Fertilizer, or whatever is causing the rubber and silicone to break down and allow for these random leaks, and it may help me find and prevent other new ones... Waiting to get parts to do it, as it is now its got two very steady leaks.

Red System- Is now dropping 1-2 gallons of water PER A DAY! At first I suspected a water leak, now I am much more aware it has to do with the 12-air stones adding humidity to the air, must think of how to best address such a high moisture content in the air.
          Last edited by PigSquishy; 06-26-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Water change on Blue System, filter was clogged solid... lots of black algae in the filter and filter housing which clogged up the works... Day-2 of new Boson Higgs Haze cutting in the Blue System and its doing great...

Comment

**** NEW MODIFIED GROW JOURNAL ****

Yellow System:
              - Took cuttings of both Silver Haze & Higgs Boson Haze marked accordingly

Day- 1 Silver Haze
              -
              Day- 1 Higgs Boson Haze
              -
              Day- 20 Higgs Boson Haze Cutting
              - It appears to have roots since it won't easily pull out of the Rapid Rooter, but I see no signs of roots and the leaf has turned yellow and appears to be dying, but will give it a final fighting chance.

Water Changed- Day- 0
              Foliar Spraying: CX Clone Start + Kelp + Yucca Root mixture

Scrubbed out the entire cloning tray and its contents as well as the dome after tossing out all but the single remaining Higgs Boson Haze Cutting which wasn't dead unlike the others, saw what I believed to be either gray mold or white mold on the leaf tips of the other lost cutting's. When I tried to gently tug on them, the stem pulled apart like a wet noodle near the base of the Rapid Rooter, giving the impression they started to root before being hit by either mold or some sort of a dampening off perhaps.Filled with fresh pH'd tap water and returned to service.

----------------------------------------

Blue System:

Day- 20 Higgs Boson Haze (Transferred To Blue On Day-1 ?) LR
              - The Rapid Rooter is heavily soaked with water from the Water Halo being too small, (3"- PVC) to I remade the Halo to (5"- PVC) in hopes of fixing the issue. The leaves are all turned downward as it is not happy, but still healthy, hoping to have corrected this issue today will see how it fairs moving forward from this point.
              Day- 21 Silver Haze (Transferred To Blue On Day-1 ?) LF
              -
              Day- 20 Higgs Boson Haze (Transferred To Blue On Day-16) RR
              - Since being transferred it has been happy and adapted to the LED without any issues, and has been making leaps and bounds for growth.
              Day - 00 EMPTY Growstones (Transferred To Blue On Day- 00) RF
              - Placed a 1/2 bag of washed & cooked Growstones in there today to block the light from reaching the water

Water Changed- Day- 4
              VEG & BLOOM ON (Turned On Both Switches Today) + #1 Full Spectrum LED Bulb
              Foliar Spraying:Magic Green

Red System:

Day- 52 Silver Haze (Started Bloom Day- 00) LR
              - Took clones from it, pruned and opened up the canopy to better fill it out, moved the entire pot from CR to LR.
              Day- 00 EMPTY Growstones (Started Bloom Day- 00) LF
              -
              Day- 00 EMPTY (Started Bloom Day- 00) CR
              -
              Day- 00 EMPTY (Started Bloom Day- 00) CF
              -
              Day- 52 Higgs Boson Haze (Started Bloom Day- 48) RR
              - Took clones from it, pruned and opened up the canopy to better fill it out.
              Day- 00 EMPTY (Started Bloom Day- 00) RF
              -

Water Changed- Day- 4
              VEG & BLOOM ON + #2 Full Spectrum LED Bulbs
              Foliar Spraying:Magic Green

After turning on both VEG & BLOOM Switches the plants would double in size within 2-3 day period of time with explosive growth rates pushing Silver Haze up to the LED's, with Higgs Boson shorter the issue came I needed to raise the LED for the Silver Haze, but not for the Higgs Boson Haze, so I made the decision to dedicate each to its own LED and lowered the Higgs Boson Haze LED, and raised the LED for the Silver Haze. Each LED has its own Full Spectrum LED Bulb in a Clamp Work Light.

UPDATES:

- No signs at all of any pest of any kind, Zero Tolerance took care of any and all pest issues

- Removed all signs of nutrient issues on the leaves, anything from this point forward will be a 'tell'

- Fixed the Red Heater water leak with Orange RTV, as it appears to be the only thing which stands up to the UC Roots, clear silicone only lasts a couple of months at best against it otherwise.

- Installed Plant Water Shut Off Valves, to allow for the mixing of the water and nutes prior to delivering to the plants at proper temp, to prevent future Temp Shock Issues

- Used a Tee to connect the Red & Blue Systems together for Cooling Ventilation through the Hyper Fan
              (-) Working on finishing the Ice Box Cooler design & TWO different Chiller design options to include a Dehumidifier for the 60-70% RH and Temps of 90-100 F

- Added a Dual Outlet Air Pump to the Yellow System to oxygenate the clone's water and improve humidity within the clone's dome.

- Added 2-Air Stones per each plant, using a 12-Outlet Divider, 12- Air Check Valves and a new Commercial Air Pump the Red System is now being super aerated with a noticeable daily water loss
              (-) Needs to glue the Check Valves into place as they keep getting blown off the hoses from the pressure of the pump, also noted some air stones aren't pushing air as expected, and looking for issue
              (-) Blue System is still short #2- Dual Outlet Air Pumps for RR & RF, air hose and air stones

- Added Reflectix covering to cover the plant's pots and Growstones to both Red & Blue Systems to cut back on algae growth and improve plant growth
              (-) The Red System was having a serious issue with algae until I added the Reflectix, the Blue System suddenly exploded with an algae issue and required a water change at the same time as the Red System Day-3 on the water change, as the algae clogged the pump filter solid and had clumps of visible algae floating in the TWO plant tubs.

- Made Plant Halo's out of 1/2" PVC with four 1/8" holes drilled on the four sides of the PVC 4" Square Halo's, and they have made a huge difference in plant growth and apparently in the root devolpment.

- Added the RR & RF Plant Tubs
              (-) Needs to still make the Plant Halo's for these two

- Red System is just running the SIX Plant Tubs & the Red Sump... (NOT THE RED RES Until Later)

- Lost track of which plants were what, had to review the notes today to try to guess what plants are what, labeled the one's I know for sure today in hopes of preventing more future issue

- Added Full Spectrum LED Bulbs to Clamp Lights for the Red System (#2) and the Blue System (#1) after reading what I thought was a very informative article on the different types of lighting:

I walked away with the idea and belief that perhaps it was best to try adding a Full Spectrum Bulb to the "Purple LED's" and see if it really made any difference, as I know the best plants are like they said from HPS & LED mixed... and what I found as an end result was simply a plant rate growth I've previously not seen in such a short period of time. This has been working in both Veg & Bloom stages of the plants growth, from the smallest plant to the adult plant. I just grabbed the regular socket LED bulbs for the experiment instead of a CFL (as I don't want the mercury vapor) or a tungsten lightbulb (as I don't need any more heat issues) to see if it makes a difference. Next will be to try to figure out if I want a 6400K bulb or if one brand or type does better than another one, these were just said to be "Full Spectrum Bulbs) two different brands and types of LED Bulbs too.

- Cleaned and returned Growstones back into use

- Moved and remounted the Blue Air Pumps to the ceiling height to stop them from always being in the way at a lower height.

- Modified Grow Journal to try to account for constant memory issues and mental problems do to my brain injury, which makes keeping track of the simplest things extremely hard. Taking steps to write out Step-By-Step Instructions for me to be able to follow with pictures and diagrams, information, etc... as a hopeful way to help me be able to learn and remember simple everyday repeatable tasks and basic things. Hopefully this newest layout will better help me be able to keep track of things and keep some idea as to what is going on day by day even when I forget to update it for days on end.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                It all sounds like a great plan. Sorry you lost your clones to some slimey infestation. "The stem pulled apart like a wet noodle": the image is appropriately disgusting!!!

Yeah well, I've been learning a lot... more of the lights turned back on inside my head for me recently, still no sense of time... but hey the more things which slowly turn back on... I am jumping for joy. From this experience I have actually learned something unusal of sorts...

When I was taking clones from a plant under purple LED grow lights and putting it under a T-5 6400K bulb, then getting it to root.. and then moving it back to the purple LED lighting at 50% power (Veg Switch Only)... it would slowly develop a problem and slowly wither away and die to my immense stress. I of coarse was sure it had to be a humidity issue, then a nute issue... The leaves would start to turn brown on the edges and tips like they were dried up dead leaves off the trees in the fall of the year. Hence why I was so firm in thinking HUMIDITY, but the RH is 65%... Which led me to next think too strong of nutes burning the leaves so rapidly, and so I cut back on the nutes and went to pH'd water of 6,00 double checked my meter(s), ppm's... etc... Still the issue... and always such a slow and painful watching them die... I also questioned light reflection, etc... but since I use Orca on the walls, the water is covered by Reflectix (IR Wrap I think they call it in growing stores) I just couldn't figure the problem out.

Finally had an idea with this next restart of parts of my brain, Shade Cloth...(hold on let me back up here and explain this a bit more ) at some point I had the LED on and the clones were getting some overcast from the purple LED, but while I was concerned about it I didn't see any issues happening before I had a chance to fix it, as normally the T-5 is on or the LED is on... but not both at the same time to cause a lighting overlap between clones and plants in Veg. However because of the above issue, I am fighting to do clones and Veg at the same time right now and then I was reading that article on using a full spectrum light in combination with the purple grow light LED"s I decided to try. Well I can say this for the lighting combination, IT WORKS! So I didn't see the need to do anything with the clones being hit by LED cast off from the Orca bouncing the light everywhere even on them. When the time came to move a clone it really took off fast and pushed out some big long 24+ inch roots in under a week's time since I saw it rooting out the bottom of a Rapid Rooter plug. All the better chance to hopefully help it fight to staying alive after being moved under the LED was my thought at the time...

After being moved over to the LED lighting I was watching it carefully, usually I have to give it an hour or two of LED light at a time and then shut it off to help the transition and it can take a week for the plant to be able to go to the 6/2 three times a day lighting schedule for Veg... Only after a couple hours it actually looked like the plant got perky and was growing after a transplant. Clearly I thought I was forgetting how big it was, because plants do not take off after a transplant, certainly not within a couple of hours of a transplant. Because of my brain issues, I took extra steps to try to document everything more carefully, because clearly my head was all kinds of messed up on what I was thinking was going on. Ended up leaving the lights on accordingly, and when I say lights I mean the purple LED and the full spectrum LED bulb I am also now using as I test what I read about doing both lightings together. Well it took a week to catch up to the plant which was under the T-5 and then moved to the LED which was then under it for 30+ days, and then now it is actually passing it in size... Next I thought it must be a different strain... nope same mother plant, and nothing different...

But the plants coming from under the T-5 only and then going to LED have issue after issue and more over time... the clones from T-5 + LED light drift going straight under LED + Full Spectrum lighting just take right off and have no problems but clearly act like they were waiting for the cloudy days to end and get full sun to take off growing. I'm not claiming to understand any of this, beyond just seeing what I am seeing and sit here dumbfounded because I don't understand more of it. So when the idea "Shade Cloth" popped into my head I am looking at the last T-5 ONLY plant left that has survived that is over a month old and still has issues to date... the other remaining one pulled out of its issues awhile ago, but this one never has... This plant has a couple leaves like you'd expect when a seedling is taking off, but this was a clone with a 4-inch canopy just a short time ago, and now has had the leaves completely dry up and die off in 24-hours with no apparent reasoning behind it... With less than 12-hours to go before its death at its current rate of decent, I said oh what the hell, and found some shade cloth to cover it with... not like it will do much good I expected its death, but even a slower death would tell me more than I knew by not doing or trying this idea. So it has now been 24-hours under the shade cloth and I am not claiming to understand anything... but I do clearly see the plant has not gotten worse, nor has it gotten any better and I just watched the other two bigger leaves completely dry up and die yesterday in less than 12-hours with no explanation I can explain it away with. But these tiny little leaves are holding in there under the shade cloth... starting to think I may really be onto something with this idea... guess time will tell.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck with the shade cloth; hope it solves the problem!!

• PigSquishy
                PigSquishy commented
                Editing a comment
                Well that plant is still going strong... and while I am cranky about needing a shade cloth... it is a lesson learned too... just like when I start plants inside before the winter ends... to transplant and harden outside in the spring... I guess I need to make adjustments to how I handle these as well. Life is a journey of learning by paying attention and trying to figure things out as well go to become better at the things we love to do.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X