yellowing leaves pointing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellowing leaves pointing up

Hi gwe got 4 clones previously root bound. One is yellowing it started as half the plant now all. Growth is still good but looks bleached out and the leaves are pointing up. Put a pic but it doesn't really do the yellowing justice. 5x5 tent 1000 hps/mh 300 galaxy hydro in soil black label nutes. The yellow one was the worst looking when root bound.

When the leaves are pointing up like that it usually means they're getting too much light. Is the yellowing worst on the parts of the plants closest to the grow lights? If you, you might consider moving the lights up a few inches to see if that helps stop the yellowing. Even if the temperature is fine and plants seem okay at first at that light distance, you can still get light burn on the leaves after a while because they just end up working too hard for too long.

Overall they look beautiful! Very nice garden in there!

Comment

Ya the initial yellowing when it was only on half of the plant seemed to be directly under the reflector. So I rotated that plant around and moved the light up. That puts my light at 24 above. I had considered the light burn but it just being the one plant I wasn't sure the other 3 are fine. Also been moving the led around 2days over each plant probably will skip the yellowish girl. Thnx gwe especially nebula for all the knowledge. Thinking back to my first grow till now went from letting em grow to manifold. Growing is half the fun.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not unusual for some plants to be more sensitive to light than others. I've had one plant get burned to a crisp from the light while the other one literally thrived! Indica strains tend to be more sensitive, and tall lanky Sativa strains tend to be the least sensitive to light and heat, since they originate from near the equator

heu red beard I had problem like that , then read Nebulas tutorial on Light (3 times) I purchased a light meter and was very surprised to find my light was way to close some of the girls were getting 100,000 lux more than they could use so I adjusted my light played with the plants and poofe all of my colas are all getting 60 to 85 k lux and they love it
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Appreciate all the help from everyone. Went ahead and moved up my light seems to have helped already. It only being the one of four I couldn't talk myself into it. But after hearing nebulas thoughts couldn't not move it. Going look into a lux meter. Thnx again especially the queen of green.

Comment

Hi gwe so got home today my yellow girl was looking better this morning but worse this afternoon. Yellow and leaves turned up . Others are the same color in new growth but It got the same way when I flowered last time. Light is 24 inches watered yesterday phed water only no nutes. Suggestions thnx.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Is it hotter in the afternoon? Just curious, do you know what the humidity is in there? It's funny to see how it's just that one plant reaching to the light That definitely makes me wonder if it's just the strain that makes it sensitive, and not anything you're doing. Do they all drink about the same amount of water? Does that one tend to drink more or dry out faster?

I think it can take a while for recovery from bleaching and chlorosis. Even when you raise the lights, the plant still has to photosynthesize near its original rate and at the same time recover some of the damage incurred from the intense light. This can take a while and you have to be careful how you place your lights during its recovery.

Peace.
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

Hi gwe ,so don't know the strain all are clones off same plant. When these went into the tent they were in 7 gal fiber pots I veges 2 week under florescent then got moved to tent under 1000 mh and galaxy hydro . Move the led every couple of days. Bout 3 weeks in started having droopy leaves had another post on here about it. So long story short cut a hole in one of the pots solid root mass . Out by the edges fuzzy looking I'm guessing ghats the air pruning thing. The roots weren't circled but the mass was solid roots . So reported in 20gal hard containers with lots of little holes from in side out diy air pots. Ropoted 2 weeks ago so yesterday when I got home I dug down between the side of the pot where the new dirt is . The 3 non affected plants have some roots in the new dirt but the other one basically has none. I loosed them up some when I replanted but probably not enough thought what I did was to much but after watching some vids not. So don't no I this was good or bad but I slid my hand down in the new dirt a pulled apart the side of the root mass and got dome new dirt in them. So with all that said light on temp is 75 did 20 /4 for veg 60 to 70 humidity light off temp 66 for veg changed to 68 because I thought it might be to low. Lowered humidity yesterday was 58 this morn before light came on . The yellow girl drinks a little more not enough to water on different day but has a little less run off. It's run off pH was 7.3 this morn others 6.7 phed tap water. I'm about 9 days into flower had started yellowing on about half plant before swith looked like to me then just part under the light. Sorry that rambled on so much that again to everyone. Long live the queen of green.

Comment

It sounds like you're on the right path! If they seem unaffected by the transplant, I bet it was a good thing. Plant roots like having more space in general. Are you giving them nutrients yet?

Comment

Haven't yet it will be Sunday or monday was thinking about water again or maybe half strength. Wish now that I hadn't started to flower but space will start to be an issue stretch about triple last time. Going to use mh for first 2 weeks then change. Yellow girl has regained some color this morning. Thnx alot.

Comment

• OzBud
                  OzBud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you use the MH for first two weeks last switch to flower? Could help reduce the stretch.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X