Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannabis growing amidst tomato plants (or other vegetables)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis growing amidst tomato plants (or other vegetables)

Hello All,

New member here - Crow - very happy to have found Nebula and her most generously offered website and this community forum. Thank you.
    Here I am living in the woods on the Maine coast where green is abundant but hours of unfiltered sunshine not so much. Will be building an outdoor
    (attached to the house) cannabis cabin in the next month and have been studying grow lights and other requirements.

Leads me to this question - do any of you grow other edibles with your cannabis to take advantage of the grow lights? My wife is more excited about
    the prospect of great lettuce and tomatoes than about marijuana (though she is in full support of my efforts). Seems a reasonable request but I'm wondering
    if the lighting cycles (long hours) needed through the growing phases of cannabis plants would be too much for garden vegetables.

Anyone do this successfully?

Thanks very much for chiming in.

Cheers, Crow

Welcome to the Forums Crow!! I had the same question for my first grow and i found out that many people do it. My friend grows peppers in the same tents as his cannabis. He does say the buds have gotten a little spicy tasting (like the peppers). After learning he does that i tried growing my own stuff in my tent, I grew lettuce and green onions on the side of 4 plants iin a 3x3 tent. Wow they loved that light! Grew super well. I had the green onions grow through veg and bloom lights and it ate it all up . Im not sure if certain veggies can mess with cannabis plants (like pollinate or so) but i haven't heard of it happening though. Another more experienced grower will probably be commenting soon and might be more helpful

Comment

Started my whole putdoor garden under my T5, i have peppers with my ww lolol

Comment

I think it's a great idea. I started some herbs earlier this year in my tent. Do yourself and your plants a favor and find out which veggie plants attract ladybugs. The ladybugs like to eat spider mites and those nasty fungal gnats (The Borg).
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• CCisme
          CCisme commented
          Editing a comment
          Companian gardening! I just read an article on making sure to plant your veggies with there veggie buddies! Well I was gonna move my peppers outside for the summer but hadnt considered the benefit of not lol

Excellent! Thanks all for the encouragement. Means we get to eat a more healthy diet and feel good too! This will be a great summer .

Cheers, Crow

Comment

I plan on doing to same, I saw that Nebula had catnip in with hers at one point so I'm thinking of that and some vegetables for me.

Comment

Try it guys just keep an eye out for pests

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
              I think it's a great idea. I started some herbs earlier this year in my tent. Do yourself and your plants a favor and find out which veggie plants attract ladybugs. The ladybugs like to eat spider mites and those nasty fungal gnats (The Borg).

Love having lady bugs around. Cilantro, garlic and dill are just a few edibles that attract them. Wonder though, how happy they would be cooped up in my closed up cannabis cabin. There will be ventilation but screened off to keep out unwanted pests including squirrels (red, and gray) which are abundant around here. Still, I'll keep the lady bug idea fresh. I would be honored if they take to my indoor garden.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Or you can just buy them - keep what you don't need in the freezer - can usually get them now in the springtime. Up here they sell 5000 of them for $9.00

There was someone around here 6 months or so ago that had a pineapple plant in their tent!
              Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
              600W HPS
              Coco
              GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
              Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• CCisme
                CCisme commented
                Editing a comment
                I almost got one of those the other day, coolest cutest looking ugly plant lololol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X