Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light left on for 48 hours in flower

Hi Everyone-

I just discovered a huge mistake that I made. I have 20 female all in week 4 of flowering. My light cycle for them is 12 on and 12 off. I was moving something around and I hit my light timer which turned off the auto mode to the light. Today I needed to go in the room to (while the lights should be off) and I discovered that they were all on. Based on the timeframe of when I hit the switch, I would say that the light have been on for about 48 hours. When I saw this, I immediately shut the lights off. Lights are scheduled to come back on in 4 hours. What should I do? All plants currently have buds on them and was growing nicely until this. Are they all likely going to herm?

Just make sure they have had 12 hours of uninterrupted dark cycle.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

Oops, not sure what will happen, best advice I can give. Go back to 12/12. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

So I got back to a regular light schedule. Unfortunately, I see a lot of pollen sacs all over the place. I'm gonna have to take everything down before seeds are in all of the flowers. After a pollen sac has opened, how long does it take for seeds to grow in my flower? I can take the plants down now but I want to flush a little before I do that.

Comment

Try 24hrs of dark maybe to shock them back into flowering?
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Are the below pics pollen or signs of a Hermed plant for sure? I want to try the 24 hours of dark, but if my plants are going to spit seeds, I think I'm far enough to just cut them down before any seeds make it into the flowers.

Comment

• StoneyTony
              StoneyTony commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you're fine. I'd just keep an eye on them until you harvest. How close are you to harvest?

I dont think those are pollen sacks I think they are part of the flower I see them alot when I harvest so smile get them back on 12/12 .look up male plants on gwe
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• StoneyTony
              StoneyTony commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries Alltatup. This is a place of learning. I've been around cannabis all my life and I'm still learning things

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Tony. Still feel stupid.

• StoneyTony
              StoneyTony commented
              Editing a comment
              Well smoke a bowl and chill. It will pass

Thanks olsjarhead100: here are a few more pics to have another look.

Comment

Hey thank you all for your help. I think I'll just keep my room on its regular schedule and watch very closely. You were all a bunch of help!

Comment

• StoneyTony
                StoneyTony commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure to let us know how it turns out

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X