Grow Room WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Room WIP

This is my grow room so far. It has been the home to my plants for over a month now and today I fitted it with a full upper level where there was once just a small shelf, and a removable dummy wall where there was once a blanket. The removable wall is still in the early stages, and I'm trying to decide if I want to finish it with hinges or a slide. It's sort of leaning toward a slide, but can still go any way. If anyone has any suggestions or, even better, pictures of their grow room that is hidden in plain sight, I'd love to get some ideas to go on.

looking good so far don't worry anyone who can try a royal coachman like that can do anything .Many years ago I could but I sti looking at your room it looks very functional ,I would leave room to be able to adjust the light once the plants get up to the shelf height and I think you will find the room will do its best with only 2 plants in it mine is 5x5 and I only grow 4 at a time other wise they get to crowded . I dont see any ventilation system? you will need to pull air though a carbon filter and exit outside or attic or cellar ect., do you have a fresh air input to the closet it can be from a separate room. My room is a tent by argo max I bought there big one 5x8x7 and split it in two its in the cellar. after the plants in bloom finish up Im planning on building a new bloom room. what I find needs is plenty of elec.outlets, easily changeable components , and room to work on the plants. I have to pull my girls out to do anything to them . I also use two scoops for watering 1 is a quart and the other is a half gallon I have them mounted on poles so I can reach the back of the room. I would have to say that is the biggest issue once the plants get big enough is watering them find something that will work for you. I mix in a 5 gallon bucket then scoop to the plants. as you can see they will fill up a room
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• flytier
      flytier commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the good words there (on my grow room and my fly tying). I don't plan on overcrowding it (too much haha). Right now on the bottom I have 2 autos and 2 White Widow seedlings and the top will have some more White Widows when they come out of the paper towel. As for a vent, well, I'm not sure if I'm going to put one in. I'm not really concerned about letting out the smell; I kind of like it, and we don't get many visitors anyway. As for a fresh air input, yeah, I never thought of that. I may have to put one in through the side or something along the bottom.

As for electricity, there is an outlet right in there and I have one power bar hooked to a timer for the lights and another one for the continuously running stuff going right to the outlet. Things can be changed easily if need be, and can be worked on easily, as it's only an arm's length deep. I have some intravenous tubes to rig up a drip watering system at a later upgrade. It will be easier than bending down to get at the bottom rear plants for sure. For now I keep some 2 litre bottles filled in there at all times.

That's a nice looking setup you have. And you say that's only four plants? I hope mine will eventually turn out like that.

Looks very efficient. I'm really no help I'm just finishing mine. I'll post when I get my plants going.

Comment

Are you splitting the power between different breakers, may not be a concern for your set up just a thought. Keeping in mind I am really new at this. We have two tents and a small cabinet but spread the load between 3 breakers just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Nsky
        Nsky commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are asking me ya I thought about that. My one, two...pushing it at three plants, will be jammed in a 24" x 20" x 4 ' cabinet. 8 cfl lights, timer, fans. I built the cabinet. Will cut holes for the fans, lined with mylar...oh..the electric. Hmm. My apt has great outlets and circuitry. I think I'm more worried about cutting down the use of extension cords. I don't have heavy electrical use in the bedroom where I'm putting it. So probably just one power strip. I hope. I feel myself already wanting a tent. I think it's coming. Lol.

I'm trying to plan the water run off so I don't have to move the plants. Much easier.

Comment

• flytier
        flytier commented
        Editing a comment
        How's it going Nsky! I'm definitely interested in seeing your setup; might be able to get some good ideas from you. For power I'm just running off a plain wall outlet built into the space. It's where the fridge used to be, so It seemed the convenient thing to do. I'm not using a whole lot of power, since the lighting is primarily CFL and screw-in LED floodlights and I have a small desktop fan in there - not a whole major drain on a circuit. The top one runs 24/7, and the bottom one is on a timer. The major power drain is a space heater, but it's on a separate circuit. I have a couple small power bars, one for each outlet, although I should probably go with higher quality than dollar store hahaha. But the pots are placed inside plastic trays and the bottom power bar is up off the floor to avoid contact with water. The top part should be raised too; maybe I'll do that this evening. Glad you mentioned that.

As for reflectivity, I'd love to have some mylar, but I'm still in the beginning stages of growing and I'm on a budget, so once again, the dollar store came through for me. I got a couple emergency blankets and stapled them to the interior, and in the front part I have a piece doubled up which hangs inside the door/dummy wall (call it what you will) like a curtain.

Not shown here, because it's a new addition, is a sheet of 1/8" board that fits into a set of grooves made from molding when it's closed. It's not 100% lightproof yet, but I have no plants that are near flowering yet either, so I have a bit of time to spare. I have some black corrugated plastic that I close up gaps with here and there when I'm in the mood to work on it hahaha.

I have yet to put in some venting, so for now I just leave the door slightly open. The vent may be done with some dryer flex line. I think I have a piece of 3" laying around somewhere, but I have no plans on venting it outside.

Maybe some of what I've done can be of use to your setup. I don't know, but I hope my somewhat detailed description can do you good. It's always good to do a bit of brainstorming. Take care for now, and I'm eager to see some pictures of what you have done. I'll post some updates on here when I get the tools and equipment tidied up.

• flytier
        flytier commented
        Editing a comment
        Just uploaded some updated pics of the grow room to show you.

Here's some updated pictures on the grow room. It's kind of hard to see, but the partial shelf on top was replaced with an entire top layer. Easier to see are all of the extra lights, and the tinfoil was replaced with much safer plastic sheeting. Not shown in the original picture was the blanket I had covering it, but it's now covered by a rudimentary dummy wall. The power bars are hung off the wall now instead of being on shelf/floor levels, thereby keeping it from the water (thanks to Nsky for pointing that out). It's coming along.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X