Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	7.17 MB
ID:	85660Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	7.00 MB
ID:	85661 These 2 were started together, failed together, and went into my mouth for a salvage attempt, and replanted on 4/15. They are an Asian Dream and a Dr. Shiva, both autos from Flash Seeds. The Dr. Shiva is a Shiva Garwhali X AK47 X ruderalis that is supposed to get monster tall, but she's pretty wimpy especially compared to the Asian Dream, which I can't find any info on, it was a freebie. From the name, I might guess it's an Asian Fantasy X Blue Dream Auto.

You might be able to see how Dr. Shiva's leaves a smaller, droop down, are krinkly, and the sides are rolled up like a taco shell. The two plants have gotten the same treatment, growing in FFOF/coco/perlite, ph'd water, rooted in jiffy pellets. Asian Dream is MUCH happier, bigger, and already outgrew her plastic cup. Dr. Shiva is just barely showing roots at the sides of the cup.

Weird, huh.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

These were such great pictures I thought you deserved your own topic

It's crazy how differently plants can react to the same environment! It looks like the Asian Dream is really starting to get on track! Some plants seem to struggle while others thrive, which can be frustrating! What kind of light have they been getting?

Comment

Thanks Nebula, theyve mostly been a few inches under T5s, and shuffled into the flowering side or sunshine as available. I'll post pics in the morning.

Comment

Subbed! I always tell my clients, some plants have better genes and immune systems than others, just like people. And if they don't like the answer(cuz ya know all plants must look the same in those yards) I suggest plastic plants from walmart...
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Que Hermosillo tu sombrero, Lucky!

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Had to run this thru the translator! Making me work dingus! 😅 But thanks dude! That's what I use to keep the lecs from frying my head and neck!

2 weeks: Asian Dream is still FAR outgrowing Dr. Shiva. Dr. Shiva is still showing these weird, crinkly leaves with edges curled up like taco shells, but they're not drooping down so much. She's still growing and developing new nodes, just tiny.

They have spent most of their lives about 3-4 inches under T5, (4) X 2feet bulbs with the Home Dopey LEDs that NebulaHaze started a thread asking about this morning. I think they're helping, but I couldn't prove it. They get moved into the flower tent to sit under LEDs or outside to sunshine whenever possible.

I like to grow my seedlings for coco/soil in clear cups until I see the roots in the sides of the cups. Asian Dream took 3 days, Dr. Shiva took a week before needing transplanted into 1gal smart pots.

I'm still pretty new at growing, and I can't tell if the differences between these two plants are genetic or if I'm screwing something up. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya know Dingus one of my Jock horrors jusrt did the same as your second image. I found her coco/perlite mix ( The same pots as all and as I used in the past) was alarmingly warm. Possibly a combo of heat and over water? I think you are in smart pot with her but you might Check medium temp. With your finger. Dunno...just saying .

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had a plant do that before, and in my case it was a result of root problems from high temperatures and chronic overwatering. What's the temperature in there? If that plant is drinking more slowly you may need to give less water at a time until it actually starts growing fast. I've found some plants tend to be more root resistant than others! I have a few pictures of plants with root problems if you want to check them out http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-root-problems

As long as it's green and growing it can bounce back! That was one of my first few grows but all those plants went on to produce beautiful harvests

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tika, I haven't considered soil temperature, that's pretty interesting. With your Jock Horror, what was causing the heat? Was it warm to the touch, like feeling a forehead for fever? My closet temp is in the low 70's/high 60s at night.

If its not the lights aren't heating up the soil, I wonder if the compost in the soil is still fermenting and generating heat in the bag. That would be weird.

These girls are in 1 gallon smart pots, and the feel the same temperature to the touch.I also shared a little in a post lower down how the leaves drooped WAY down right after watering. The soil was pretty dry, and the bottom of the bag felt almost dry. I only watered until I got the slightest bit of runoff. Before the water, the leaves looked the happiest I had seem them, but still crinkly, like fried basil leaves. And then saaaaaaag....

Thanks Nebula for pointing out that page again. I was hunting through the leaf problems and hadn't gotten to the root problems sections yet, she totally looks like the one in the red cup half way down the page!

So even though I've been poking around GWE for about 6 months now, and have just about completed my first grow, I can still over-water with the best of them!

So I'll back off on how much I give at a time, maybe even only after she starts drooping like a normal, dehydrated plant. Which would be more fascinating? Seeing her grow out of this and explode into classic sativa style, or growing big, and staying weird and crinkly.

different strains different results with everything else the same. your doing fine
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hi Jarhead! Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to get used to how ugly these leaves look. They look like some shit a chef would do, flash frying basil leaves. But like Nebula said, she's growing and developing on pace with her cousin, only 1/4 the size!

Comment

3.5 weeks, and they're getting after it! Here they are on the lower shelf of my veg-side, still in 1 gallon smart pots ready for replanting. I hear you can simply sit a small smart pot in a bigger one, the roots will grow through the fabric.

They will get re-potted into Base Camp Soil, which I understand to be a "super soil" type product, very soon. I was hoping Dairy Queen and AK Auto would be all done, but they're not. WHY WON'T THEY FINISH????!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              It like the old movie Twins
              Looking good, they'll likely start showing some baby buds soon.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              HAHAHA! Arnold and Danny!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X