Nute Burn or Nitrogine def?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Nute Burn or Nitrogine def?

Hi everyone, First post first time grow, not new to the weed. My question is I started two plants there about 3 weeks old. Have 2 300w led lights about 18 in above plants in foxfarm soil. The tips are turning (yellow} on the bottom leafs and the tips are curling. I am using nuts Foxfarm Big bloom. Tiger bloom, and grow big. Now I am only using the grow big and big bloom at the moment. I am also NOT giving full strength, mayby a quarter of what they call for. I thought because of age I would start off easy and f-farm has nuts in it. Other then the tips turning the plants look good. Pics could be better. Any and all answers will be a big help

Hi there, I'm a new grower, so take advise carefully:
    I don't think you should add nutes so soon, even a quarter. I mean if the fox soil has nutes in it, right now the plant is using it. let it use it. Then you'll put some more
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Nute burn for sure. uummmm yur using big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big?? Sorry, but I don't see any blooms on your plant.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        What Canuck147 meant, I guess, was that those are mainly flowering nutes? You should be giving veg nutes instead. Big bloom is for when flower are there, its just the seedling stage for now. So store those nutes for later use!

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        We all want bigger, but the size is just fine

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply Minoo96. I wondered that myself. I have been thinking about stopping the nutes for a bit and see what turns up. Also I was wondering plants are white widow auto lights 18in above plants it is not that warm above the plants can or should i lower them a bit more?

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard white widows like hot climate, meaning you could lower your light "more" than with other strain... They can take heat a bit better than others. But its up to you to double check this info! Don't forget a plant can have more than one phenotype, so... :/ You never really know what you're growing until it is done.
        Last edited by Minoo96; 04-27-2017, 06:18 AM.

Light burn distance from plants on LED light needs to be higher than a HPS/MH espically in the seedling phase also you can tell of the lighting of the leaf look at the bottom where its dark and starts to lighten towards the end and the tips are crisping move that light up its not the nutes

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry inuart88, I don't know if others understood but I didn't xP

his led light are to close is what Inuart meant, leds are a very focused beam of light and the hand test will not work with them . try moving them up a little . you do need a good nute for veg ,also I would try and get something that give you macro nutes . the goal is to give our girls the best opportunity to reach there full potential
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooh, thanks for clearing the led thing up.

Haha love typing response out on a phone. Light is to close also the dark green on the leaves at the bottom then it gets lighter and moves out. And the crispy tip is all signs of light burn. I do 100% of label on nutes I used fox farm trio first and never burned in veg

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        It's true raise the light, some strains can get cooked easier than others.

• Newf
        Newf commented
        Editing a comment
        Also if your plants are showing signs of stress (burnt tips) now would not be the time to move lights closer anyway. When plants are stressed it is generally a good idea to ease off the intensity of light for little while as they recover.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X