Household LEDs for Grow Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household LEDs for Grow Lights?

I've been doing a fair bit of reading to learn how to grow my first crop of weed and even though LEDs are covered in the lighting sections of websites and literature they all refer to high power lighting setups specifically for growing plants. The LEDs I'm using are just the screw-in floodlights for around the house as well as some CFLs, approx half and half of each.Right now my plants are in the veg stage and they seem to be doing pretty good so far.
    What I'm wondering is if anyone out there is using them for growing and what kind of luck are you having with them? Also, do I actually need to get more lights of the soft white variety or can I make do with my daylights? Money is tight and I'm trying to keep my expenses down.
    Thanks in advance and happy growing.

I use some LED screw bulbs as supplemental lighting in my veg area with good success. Both cool and warm. They seem to love it, more so than a CFL and use less energy and create less heat. I've had zero problems so far. Can't wait to see your results, upload some pics for us

Comment

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Here's a picture of my Revolver autoflower, purchased from Crop King Seeds in Vancouver. I have it going through some rather lopsided LST and it's getting about a new pair of leaves per day on the main stem. It should start to flower any time now. I guess I should have dated it! Maybe I'll go do that now to my White Widow seedlings.

Comment

3000 kv 22w. 4 foot led Conversion bulb 9.00ea have 4 in veg tent. NO HEAT cheap lights !

Comment

• flytier
          flytier commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool! I'd love to have some like that but my growspace isn't quite big enough to fit it. So where did you get it, a specialty shop or a hardware store?

Beyond led technology

Comment

I think they make 2 foot Conversion bulbs also.

Comment

• flytier
            flytier commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely nice lights.

I like that Sammy I went a different root found some 2 foot led grow strips and taped them around my t5 works good . any light will work as long as its emitting a light spectrum that plants can use. There are lots and lots of lights that are leds and do not provide the spectrum that the girls love . I was able to purchase 2 light bars for my bloom room 100w bars for 60 buck
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• flytier
            flytier commented
            Editing a comment
            The next time I go into the city I'll have to take a look around for something like that. I'm very limited with space though; I just have the alcove in the kitchen where the fridge used to be - just a little over 2x2 ft square so I have to kind of pick and choose. So far so good, but the real test is about to come - I think my autos are going to bud soon.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            growershouse.com best price on lights Ive found. if you don't have a computer go to the library . I found mine by searching led grow light on amazon good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X