Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Plants are about two weeks old and were going really strong, about two days ago I started noticing the stems were purple, leave tips started drooping and now the new leaves up top are starting to brown in the center. I have no idea what's going on. I added about a 1/4 of the nutrients I was supposed to at this stage so I didn't think it was that. My lights are where they need to be. Also I'm using straight perlite (the soil that appears there is a jiffy pellet) so I don't have a problem at all with drainage. I am stumped and I lost my last batch of plants due to the same thing. Now what I may have it boiled down to is my ph meter. I have a feeling when I programmed it that I may have not got it exact when using the distilled water and the two packages that it came with. Could ph possibly cause this? I order a new ph meter to test my theory. I just really need help as in my seeds that I have were not cheap. Thank you for any ideas.

DId you add nutes before or was that your first time if you that was your first time i can tell you by process of deduction that would be the issue.. if u added nutes for the first time and then this happened its obviously the nutrients what kind are u useing?

Comment

I'm using the flora trio and cali mag. It started happening before I added the nutes, then I added the nutes and that was a few days ago and it's progressively gotten worse.

Comment

I find my plants grow much faster and healthier in 1/3-perlite 1/3-peat moss 1/3-soil. Your roots need more room, transplant them into larger pots.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Too much water. Let them breathe

Comment

Okay I transplanted them and removed the jiffy pot, it was still holding way too much water. Hopefully they will survive, the root system were very small.

Comment

• Dagmar
              Dagmar commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you still using straight perlite after transplanting? Like Canuck147, I only use about 1/3 perlite (along with 1/3 Fox Farms Ocean Forest & 1/3 Fox Farms Happy Frog - best blend ever). Also, you might be over-watering.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              The transplant will definitely help but you do need to wait longer between waterings, lift the pot when wet and water when you feel it doesn't Weight anything At all

I use perlite, coco coir, and some vermiculite. Thank you guys for the help. I thought the jiffy pellet was getting dry, but apparently only the top was, the rest stayed very moist and almost seemed like clay. I'm not sure of they will make it but I washed the roots free of the jiffy when I transplanted. We can only hope they will survive.

Comment

Good luck Im sure she'll perk up soon.

Comment

for under 20 bucks I think 11 at my store you can buy a cheep water meter that you stick probes in soil then you can tell if they are still moist all the way down to bottom of container. I was wondering were their holes for drainage in those solo cups. if not that was your problem. When I start seedling I only give enough water to last them a day or two. thats about a pint or less . I checked a plant yesterday that was dry to touch and a little lite but it was still (3/4 of the meters scale) moist . our girls like to get soaked and then dry out. I try to get on a 3 day watering schedule once seedlings are 2 weeks old . I will also give them a very weak grow/voodoo juice mix to get those roots into overdrive,I also transplant into 1 gallon pots for the veg cycle and 5 gallon pots for bloom. 1 gallon pots will usually drink a quart in 3 days ,5 gallons about a gallon for 3 days
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X