Should I harvest my plant.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I harvest my plant.??

It Was planted dec. 1st. Been in flowering for about 5 weeks I believe . Trichomes look pretty cloudy. About 70 percent of pistils have turned to a reddish color... this is my first experiment. .. and so far it looks good. I see new white pistils showing but mostly whole plant's pistils have turned reddish color. Any comments highly appreciated . Should I harvest my plant already?

At 5 weeks? Seems really early to me. Id say shes just very happy and developing nicely. Id expect her to fatten up some 😀
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

Hi Pdizzle,
      5 weeks seem short indeed. Remember the last few weeks the buds will fatten up nicely. Also read somewhere that hairs are not an accurate thing to know when to harvest. They could dry and curl because of air flow. Better judge by seeing trichomes, clear trichomes? Not ready yet. Most cloudy/mily and some are amber? Ready (for short explanation...).
      On the picture before the last one, plant seems like it could grow more! Patience
      Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

NebulaHaze what do you think ??? Around how many weeks more.. I kinda started flushing this week, just once .. but should I keep giving it nutrients for 2,3 more weeks or does plant look ready to you?? Your advi e means alot to me, thankc

Comment

How are the trichomes looking? Any amber in there yet?
          #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
          Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
          Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Trichomes to me look cloudy plus idk why but all my leaves are droooopy. I'm wondering if I should harvest now? First grow Marley

Comment

• Marley
              Marley commented
              Editing a comment
              Like jarhead said, you want some amber trichomes. I wouldn't harvest just yet.

the last week of a pot plants life is the most important it will almost double in size, get yourself a portable microscope and watch for the trichomes to turn to about 30% amber and then flush away. if leaves are droppy is soil still moist from last watering ,maybe your ph was high and they stopped feeding. The last few weeks are very very difficult to survive for the GROWER lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Your buds look great! They actually look like they're getting really close but I'm still seeing a few new white hairs being put out, and 5 weeks is very young. If it were me I wouldn't start flushing yet, but I would re-evaluate in a week to see if it's growing more new hairs or if it looks like it continued to mature. Tons of trichomes on there!

Comment

• Pdizzle0613
                Pdizzle0613 commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay I will keep an eye out for new hairs... i agrre i believe it still needs alittle more time. .. buds are getting fatter . Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X