Ooooohhh That Smell!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooohhh That Smell!!!

Much respect to the great Lynyrd Skynyrd but I need to know about the smell of your BUDS!!

Does the way they smell tell you anything (other than you can't wait to smoke them)? Ever had any weird smelling buds/plants? Do buds sometimes have a concentrated, over ripe, almost yucky smell the last week or two?

I'm only on my 2nd grow but I have one GSC auto that is a few weeks from harvest & it smells rank as hell!! Not a good "got sprayed by a skunk" stink either...I love that smell. The buds smell over ripe. Like how a banana starts to smell when it gets too ripe-still sorta smells like a banana but in a too strong almost offensive way. Or like alcohol that gets left out in the heat & starts to ferment. That's how they smell...like you took some ripe sticky bud, sprayed it with Pine Sol, sealed it in a jar & left it in the sun for a week.

They started smelling like that over a week ago & as they fatten up it's so much worse! I have lots of air circulating on them & there's no mold or anything off looking but they are dense & super sticky.

Anybody experienced this???
    Last edited by rwdyredhead; 04-18-2017, 11:54 PM.

One of my sweettooths has the most intense grapefruit scents Ive ever smelled... had to monstercrop her.
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

Rowdy, you're growing in DWC, right? And your roots look fine and smell fine?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• rwdyredhead
      rwdyredhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes dwc. Roots have a bit of a yellow color but no slime or smell. Rez is clear & clean.

It's probly nothing at all...not all things are equal...
    different phenos maybe...does she look just like the ones before...

Nice too see ya Red...how's things..

Comment

Nice to see you too Doc. I'm great. Life is good!

She's looks pretty much the same as the others and she's been a little trooper, putting up with my mistakes & coming back stronger. As far as I can tell she don't even realize that she smells like a monkey's butt.
      Attached Files

Comment

I grew some buds that smelled the way u described but after harvesting and cureing the smell all but disappeared and the smoke was good.lol

Comment

• rwdyredhead
          rwdyredhead commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I'm hoping for. She sure is a sticky thing & just started to get glittery this week so it's gonna get much worse. She gives me mold-phobia so I got 3 fans on her covering all sides. Got mold-phobia and nanner-phobia lately.

The last (most recent) harvest, the first plant had a mild, but pleasant skunkie smell and being in the jars for 5 weeks now, has increased it's smell. The second plant (harvested three weeks after the first) had a very strong (and sticky) skink smell, now that it has been in the jars about three weeks, the smell has changed to almost a 'rotten onion' smell. It's potency is still very good (getting better as it cures) and when smoked has very little of an aroma at all. Both were grown in DWC with the same nutrient schedule.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• rwdyredhead
          rwdyredhead commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a blue kush on my 1st grow that had little smell & no trichomes but it was still awesome smoke. It was the most difficult one I've grown yet, had a hard time with it. I can't deal with no onion smell. YUCK!!!

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          The 'onion' smell is getting milder as it cures out and, after one good toke, is completely forgotten! The other one has cured for three weeks longer and is even better. They are so different, but I use bag seed and You can not be sure of what they are until grown, part of the fun for me.

I've had a couple of AK-48 grows that smell like no pot I have ever smoked. Never could determine why so I just rolled with it!
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

• rwdyredhead
          rwdyredhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I like that plan.

The last gsc(thc was close to 29%!!!)I bought from a dispensary stunk so much that even for loading a bowl I'd have to lock myself up in a room with many doors between me and the family! The smell was like nothing I had ever came across it was so strong and stinky! I was the only one in the house to enjoy it. It's a stinky strain period.
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          No honey it's just my manly man phenotype kicking in!!!

• rwdyredhead
          rwdyredhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Well no offense Lucky but I hope my girl don't have none of that there " manly man phenotype" you speak of.

Y'all got me convinced her stank is a good thing tho.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          How can stank on GSC be a bad thing?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X