Harvesting via trichome color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvesting via trichome color

Took some pics of a few of the buds from my grow, I feel like they still need ample time, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing milky or clear trichomes. Hoping someone can give me some insight by the pictures, unfortunately I'm not organized enough to have dates and such. i'd say they've been budding out for close to two months probably. Thanks all!

Do you have a 60x loupe?
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

nah was gonna grab something to get a better look but figured id see if any experts could tell from the pics

Comment

• GDTRFB95
        GDTRFB95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Could tell about ready not exact right moment.. which can be ok but there pretty cheap and you are going to want one if your planning to keep growing.... just pick one up!! You will feel giddy everytime you take it out to take a peak 😄

Howdy adkbrv, and welcome to the forum. From what I can see, your plants have some more time to go. The pistils need to have more of them darken and You do need to look very closely at the tricomes on the calyces (not on the leafs as Mr. Green75 says) to see their condition. The THC production peeks when all (or a majority 80%) of the tricomes have turned cloudy. As the tricomes turn amber, or darken, the production of the CBD increases. The amount of cloudy to dark tricomes is up to what You want out of it, mostly cloudy for more 'head' and pain relief, more darker ones for a 'couch lock' or relaxing effect.
      Your plant look very healthy and sparkly beautiful! Keep up the good work and good luck on your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I dont think anything else needs to be added scope under 20 bucks will solve all your questions
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Try to get a jewelers loup man, it will help out a lot. it doesn't need to be a pricey one I found a good one that's cheap but very good reviews and I use it as well. KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope Jeweler Magnifier Loupe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQAANDS..._PKL8ybXRASYDN

Comment

Ok cool so I have a little time then. I plan on flushing for about two weeks when they are at about 75% cloudiness, should I start the flush a little earlier, say 50% cloudiness? I want a faded smoke, not a clear head high, meaning I don't wanna lose peak tricomes over the course of flushing. Appreciate the help dudes!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              What kind of nutrients are you feeding with?

• adkbrv
              adkbrv commented
              Editing a comment
              General Hydropnics FloraGro Micro and Bloom, I'm in the blooming and ripening phase which is a 3-2-1 ratio bloom-micro-gro

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I use GH Maxi series and flushed for three days using the GH FloraKleen (as per bottle directions) and then four more days with only pH'ed water. Wonderful results! It ahs been five weeks in the jars for the first plant harvested and it is as smooth now as three months curing for the last grow that did not get flushed at all. I would say to wait until You see a few of the trichomes turn dark before flushing.

I went for a $40 x100 scope and it's too much for me, having a hard time holding it still and adjusting focus. Possibly a bad product. Wish I went for a lower x that was cheaper and more user friendly

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              100x is good to look for pests! Believe cant see mites with a 60!!
              Last edited by GDTRFB95; 04-15-2017, 01:54 PM. Reason: Cause im a dumb dumb with fat fingers 😂😂😂

• Xaliuz
              Xaliuz commented
              Editing a comment
              Good, it works smooth on leafs!

• adkbrv
              adkbrv commented
              Editing a comment
              I forgot i have a scope on my 12 gauge, gonna see if that shows more than my vintage aviator stereoscope glasses, they see detail well but no more than the digital photos I posted

It's not ready to harvest but you do need a loupe or something. I'd say a couple more weeks

Comment

I agree on a couple more weeks. Top of bud still growing strong now. My 2 scents.

Comment

A few more for good measure

Comment

• adkbrv
                  adkbrv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She's a bit thin but looks decent, 3rd grow, getting better

• GDTRFB95
                  GDTRFB95 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hairs on those tops need to turn and receed before shes ready. Def getting there

Look on Amazon for some binocular magnifiers. I got some 10 X thru 25 X with lights for about $14. Flip up eye sockets. Gives me a good look without the
                nausea of higher magnification.
                If your flowers are like mine, you have some weeks to go.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X