Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4barrel View Post

Im with tat on this.
    those have indica written all over them.
    I have 1 N.L. in my room close to picking, and like mentioned above.
    Northern Light's is very easy ta grow.
    they can handle lots of nutes before showing overdose/ They can handle strong lights 1000w + before showing burn. under waTer/ over water they ARe tuff. Even when I took clones, I cut them, stuck em in rpaid rooter , and I honestly think that the plant dint even realize it was cut. just kept grow like nothing happened.
    And like I said mine is ready to crop soon big fat buds just loaded with trich's and you can stick a hole bud up your nose and they don't smell at all.
    and a couple of spots and dicolouration on the odd leaf no big deal. check make sure your ph is right and your messur in your nutes properly, should be fine cuz they look great

NORTHEN LIGHT,
    a very good choice for your first time grow.
    Keep in mind if you diside to grow something els your next grow, things may not go as easy as it did with your N.L.
    ​​​​
    Ya I contacted the seed bank where I got my seeds and they say that there both nl, but different phenotypes. I'm not sure how that works out so whatever. As for smell, they are smelling up the box and that may just be the other plant not the true nl. I hope those clones pull through and give me another chance to get another NL plant going.
    Last edited by bakedbear; 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Bear, the different phenotypes is like the way that siblings are different; 2 plants of the same strain will express different characteristics, like the way one kid can look just like a parent and the other kid looks nothing like either parent.

• bakedbear
      bakedbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok that makes sense. Thanks for that information.

Originally posted by bakedbear View Post

Ya I contacted the seed bank where I got my seeds and they say that there both nl, but different phenotypes. I'm not sure how that works out so whatever. As for smell, they are smelling up the box and that may just be the other plant not the true nl. I hope those clones pull through and give me another chance to get another NL plant going.
    yeah with 2 phenotypes 1 could take after 1 parent more then the other.
    and like I said , they clone so easy a make your cut on an angle scrape the stalk a bit, 1 good glob of clones stick it in your growin medium they should take off right away

Comment

• bakedbear
      bakedbear commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the other thing about these plants. The one that looks like a sativa plant is bigger and bushier than the other one, and the other one is being a pain in the ass to grow and not as big. So now I don't know what the hell is going on. The littler plant is also really sticky to the touch and the other one is not. I have taken a couple clones off each plant and the two from the sativa looking plant are doing good and the other two clones not so good. It has only been a few days since I cut the clones so still waiting to see what happens.
      Last edited by bakedbear; 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM.

• CCisme
      CCisme commented
      Editing a comment
      I always think of them like siblings, same parents but none of my four kids look, grow or act the same. Frustrating but it is what it is.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      bakedbear STICKY IS GOOD!!!! Try not to touch the sticky!!! Waaaaay better for smoking!!! ;-}

Okay so I've been looking at all the different nutrients for Hydroponics. I read through all the suggestions on the grow weed easy site and am currently using the General Hydroponics nutrients. I was wondering if this bag of nutes would work just as well or not? My grower is using this on there General Garden like tomatoes peppers and so on, so I was wondering if it work just as good on my plants?
    Amazon.com : 5 Pounds (Makes 1000 Gallons) Tomato Fertilizer 4-18-38 Powder 100% Water Soluble Plus Micro Nutrients and Trace Minerals "Greenway Biotech, Inc. Brand" : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      @bakedbear

I think most folks will say to use cannabis-specific nutrients. I'm no expert on those three numbers after a plant food, but I know that they stand for percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, always in that order. You need more nitrogen during the grow phase of weed than you do during the flower phase, so check this out as an example:

General Hydroponics
      Flora Grow for vegging: 2-1-6

Flora Bloom for flowering: 0-5-4

As you can see, these numbers look NOTHING LIKE the tomato fertilizer, which would prolly do bad things to your plants.

Growing weed does not come cheaply, now that everyone's jumping on the legalization bandwagon and jacking up the prices. I believe, however, that we save money in the end (by not having to buy from someone else), AND we get better quality. I think there are some decent inexpensive cannabis nutes on Ebay...
      Last edited by alltatup; 05-08-2017, 03:27 PM.

Lmao...
    Yeah good point TAT.

Comment

Yup I agree with that last statement for sure and thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome!!!

hey baked bear how is the clone thing working for you did you find you had enough room to save the clone.when I top a plant I let it get 5 or 6 nodes then cut it back to the node with the best set of growth stems in the 3rd picture you can see the stems Im talking about they are about 1 inch long I have found that if you cut it where it already has new growth then it doesn't slow the plant down the first and second pictures are of my defoliation after reading neb. tutorial and they are still alive and thriving .My birds are up so I need to cut this short any questions feel free to ask looking good otherwise
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice clone!!

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        The first clones we took did not make it. We have cut another clone from it and going to see what happens. Worst case we have to use some more of the seeds I have instead of just using clones. Yeah your clone looks good.

14 days into flower 12/12 lights. Do I need to do some more trimming on these? And the last two are my new attempt at cloning.

Comment

• CCisme
        CCisme commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice girls!

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CC. Now pick up that guitar and talk to me...

Sorry it was in my head and I had to get it out. Lol

Get it??

• CCisme
        CCisme commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao gotta love some Poison!

Day 20 of flower and running at 1100 ppm and 6 pH. Only two plants in the box and about to blow it out. Now worried about the top being to close to the light.

Comment

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking like a full house in there! Looks good though

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks jeg

Plus the clones are still looking good. The roots have not broke through the cube yet, but hopefully they will take root soon. Going to try the manifold technique on one of them.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They all look FANTASTIC, Bear!!!!

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks alltatup

Four weeks into flower. The clones up top are 3 weeks old. Thinking about topping the bigger one at 3rd node. Just not sure if it is a good idea or not. Could just keep tying it down and let it grow.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey bear!!! Good to hear from ya!! They look awesome.

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks alltatup.

Was going to top my clone today, but I don't think the roots are strong enough. Thoughts??

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say wait for more vigorous root growth... You want a strong, healthy root system before adding any kind of stress. Patience, bear!!! ;-}

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice. Ya, patience like most of us I'm sure, I don't have much of. But I know that I have to be. 😣

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel ya. The roots look good!! Just let them get bigger, more of them... You're doing well!!

So the plants are getting closer, but have a small issue. It looks like!e the top buds will be ready before the lower ones. I have seen where people take the top buds and let the others finish. My question is should I do a flush then pick top buds and restart nutes or just do PhD water till the other buds are ready?

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Towards the end of flower, the plants don't need much nutrient anyways. If it were me, I'd flush for a few days, leave the immature buds on and cut the mature ones, and depending on where those immature buds are, put back in minimal amounts of nutes for however much longer you need.

• bakedbear
        bakedbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks tat. We are hoping that the other buds will only be a few days behind the other ones. If not I guess we will try to give it just a little more nutes.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't need more nutes at the end of flower; nutes don't make the plant grow faster; just give it LIGHT and a lil more time!!

I understand, thanks tat.

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup, baked bear asked in previous message "My question is should I do a flush then pick top buds and restart nutes... ". Yes he knows abut flushing

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry: didn't re-read... I know that I participated in that discussion... Just get all my threads mixed up...

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Too many threads, too many people, it's normal to forget ^^ I take a little time to re read previous post, it helps. But mostly just too lazy to re-read and so, lazy to reply. That's the meds fault xP

I'm the same way alltatup sometimes I read a thread and then see a comment I made hahaaha this CRS (Can't remember Shit) is crazy and I know it has nothing to do with our Meds
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        OJH, I don't think it's incipient senility!!! I think it's a combination of participating in many threads and not enough coffee!!!

It's OK tat, I appreciate the help no matter if you repeat or not. I have noticed that you do a lot of answering and I know if the roles were reversed I would do the same thing if not worse. I don't blame it on the meds either it is just me. Even when I was younger and in the Air Force I would catch my memory slipping.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Bear, that's nice. I'm not much further along than you, but I have learned a bit in the past 11 months of growing, and I really like to see everyone else get more knowledgeable. I can be incredibly silly on this forum too!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X