Oddball Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddball Questions

I want to ask and answer off the wall questions. Things like has anyone ever tried other ways of sweetening at the end?

I have one concerning sugar leaves but you might laugh at me. Oh well, So I use a bamboo skewer to move my leaves and check on things. I don't know why it's just what I do no educated reason. Question is if I rub off a bunch of trichs on my stick then say lick it, will I feel it? I say I will and it'll taste special like real strong special.

You'll feel the skewer on your tongue. Probably won't feel any effects as the THC-A hasn't been converted into THC by decarbing.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I would have to agree man... probably just taste banboo and such and won't feel any effects as it the THC hasn't been activated

Comment

Cool. Now I have to go read about thc-a and recarbing. I feel myself getting smarter already

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          Shouldn't be hard to find more in depth stuff about decarbing though, it's a common process.

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll probably find the chart on this page interesting too https://www.projectcbd.org/article/v...boiling-points

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          The only way to get any thc from a stick dip in some 151 rum or everclear and make a tincture from witch u can simmer it down down to a dab my guess is it's not worth it with the amount mentioned.lol

How do seeds end up in topshelf bud? You don't see them often but sometimes they are there. How? Does that make sense?

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes a plant may hermie and the nanas go unnoticed & pollinate some of the female.
          Sometimes only one branch may get pollinated. If it hermies late in flowering there isn't much time for seeds to develop either so a plant that hermies late is likely to have less seeds than one that hermies earlier.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          your stressing out that portion of the plant witch tells me your light if just a smidge to close to that one bud read Nebula tutorial on light. when I trim I try and collect all the sticky stuff off my hands(called hand hash) but thats at the end of grow. You can.freeze your trim until you have enough .

Thanks. If y'all didn't already know, my current grow is from a really good bag. There were only two and both germinated but one didn't survive me.

Comment

Can I save/store my trim til I accumulate more?

Comment

• GDTRFB95
            GDTRFB95 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes let it dry out and store like you would bud.

oldjarhead100 thanks again! The seed question was concerning where my seed for this plant came from. Great bag with two random seeds. Maybe more but I didn't taste them! Just an odd thought as to how they got in there. Thank you for the trim answer. My one little girl won't have enough trim to mess with will it? Other than to save for later.

Comment

Next question, Can I post a short video of my plant on here? Kind of like a walk around

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried posting a vid the other day but wouldnt upload properly. Thats on my phone tho not sure about on a computer may be easier

Does anyone ever guesstimate as to how much yield from a plant? Any guesses on mine?

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats both a fun and dissapointing game to play 😂 Im game tho! How long is that main cola?

My expectations were low. Happy if it's atleast 1oz!?

Comment

• BuddMarsh
              BuddMarsh commented
              Editing a comment
              I am going to guess 2.7 oz dried. :-)

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Idk you may come pretty close but im thinking about 20grams dry weight max. Could be more or less depending how much the calyxs swell with density and weight into harvest time but by the size of buds and plant I cant see it being much more than that. Want more get a brighter light and let em veg 6 to 8 weeks before you flower. Manifolds help alot as well

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              The plants I have in flower right now each have 8 branches about the size of your pretty lady. Im expecting/hoping for between 10 and 20 grams dry weight per branch. I always expect to get less than what I do tho.. try to stay away from high hopes. Feels amazing to blow smaller numbers youd accept out of the water when all is said and done! Keep at it keep asking questions keep experimenting. Your on the right track

One can only hope! That would make my day

Comment

Comment

GDTRFB95 next time if I can afford it. I basically started at the beginners start here button on this website and followed to the best of my ability and limited budget. I look forward to trying new techniques but... forest gump voice "I was scared" and I still am. Thank you all for the conversations. If I hadn't joined a few days ago I would be harvesting today because of the vacation next week!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
                  GDTRFB95 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your doing good. Just keep evolving your setup and technique as you go according to lessons learned and newly found information and available funds you will be fine

I live in a small town not close to anything. I'm currently in a pretty big city. Is there a store that sells bubblebags?

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can get them cheap on eBay.

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In addition, they usually have them at hydroponic stores if you can find one.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X