Blackstrap molasses vs other kinds of syrups or sweeteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstrap molasses vs other kinds of syrups or sweeteners

I want to ask off the wall questions. Like a thread where it's more oddball questions and not so much technical. Example... People suggest blackstrap molasses at the end but can you use other kind of syrups or sweeteners?

I'm thinking "Aunt Jemima AK"

Blackstrap molasses contains nutrients and minerals that aren't present in high fructose corn syrup....

It's not that oddball of a question; it's actually a good question!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
      Blackstrap molasses contains nutrients and minerals that aren't present in high fructose corn syrup....

It's not that oddball of a question; it's actually a good question!
      Will molasses supply nitrogen? and if not is there an organic supply for veg?

thanks for any info

Comment

Your nutrients should contain amounts of nitrogen appropriate for the flowering phase.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by Harleyaj View Post

Will molasses supply nitrogen? and if not is there an organic supply for veg?
          Molasses contains small amounts of some minerals, but it does not contain significant amounts of Nitrogen so it's not useful as a base plant nutrient. There are lots of sources of organic Nitrogen that you can add as amendments to your soil like blood meal (strong) or worm castings (gentle). If you don't want to amend your soil, you can buy pre-made organic nutrients like the Go Box. Here's more information about the different ways to provide organic nutrients.

Originally posted by Jeg View Post
          I want to ask off the wall questions. Like a thread where it's more oddball questions and not so much technical. Example... People suggest blackstrap molasses at the end but can you use other kind of syrups or sweeteners?

I'm thinking "Aunt Jemima AK"
          I'm not sure about different kinds of syrups, but I know that tyler_ hobbyist is currently doing a side-by-side experiment with sugar vs molasses vs nothing, which is pretty neat!

Comment

Hands up, who else misses Jeg?
            My first grow

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me to he was a good guy still is ,its nice to see one of his posts again

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeg is one cool cat.
              I've done some projects that he would appreciate.
              I pray that he and his family are well.🖐

I do for damn sure, very cool cat, been a while since I talked to him, couple of months anyway , I sure hope he got all that bullsh-t straightened out.
            You could just tell he was a fine fellow, he just loved to help folks.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              just took a minute to drop him an email . i will let you know if he reply's

Yea I always like chatting with Jeg, and wonder if he will pop back up aomeday.
            Space for Rent.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeg is doing ok he said to tell everyone Hi and good wishes to all

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome--good to hear!

Any kind of sugars will help big time agava nectar honey mollasas white sugar brown sugar ect... emerald harvest nutrients use agava nectar mollasas and can sugar in there honey chomb additive and works great but if u buy the sugars seperatly its way!!!!! Cheap and works just as gd if not better!!!! Check out my side by sides and see the amazing results of adding white sugar and mollasas.

Comment

I beleave organic molassas contains 1/0/4 as a value if im not mistaken so no it doesnt contain much nitrogen

Comment

The thing about blackstrap isn't about adding nitrogen. It's about adding flavor. What you want to achieve is a vigorous and thriving microbial party. But really, I wouldn't put Jemima's pancake syrup on pancakes. I use Nectar's sweet stuff. (not on pancakes) Sucrose, glucose and phosphate. Aphrodite's something.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats funny tranesong not on pancakes good catch lol, iv'e been using plant molasses with great results ,when I have used my molasses up i'm going to try other sugars

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey jar head when u try other sugars u should let us know what kinda effects u find from different sugars

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X