I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice

First of all, I love the site. I wouldn't be this far along without you all. Ok, my question is I'm leaving in four days for a five day vacation. My plant is almost ready to harvest, should I go ahead or wait til I get back? I have mor pictures if you need close ups. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

Comment

I think you will be okay for 5 days. What do your trichomes look like?
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

You have a few weeks before she's ready by the look of the pistils. A close up or description of the trichs would help. Badass looking bud!
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. I'm very proud of her!

it looks like it can go longer
          almost there though

Comment

If you haven't already left or have decided to put off your vacation then I'd say you're good to go. It looks like you have at least a week before they are ready. I've done just this before and been fine- long as all your other environmental conditions are stable. If you are watering by hand then water really well and you should be fine. I've run water through until I get 30% runout with a coco based medium and then left them for 5 days and all was well. The larger the pot and the smaller the plant the longer you can go without watering. Personally I cut back on the water about 7-10 days before harvest, I think it helps increase resin and trichome production (also lower the humidity to 30-35%). The last ten days I start a good flush with water and molasses_ first two days I water (ph 6.0 and 1 teaspoon molasses per gallon) until I get 25% runout. Then let them sit a day and then water again until I get 50% runout. The next day water again with 25% runout. Then I don't water for at least three days before taking them down. This way they dry a little faster because there isn't a lot of water in the stems, only in the plant tissues.
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the help. I tried to answer some of your questions and then I lost the words and pictures. She stopped drinking water as much a week ago. At the same time I quit giving nutes which has only been one watering two days ago and she's still fine now. I wasn't going to do the molasses thing but I can if you think I should? The last bit of yours(water schedule) is similar to mine. Watering is an art form to me? What you said though makes me think my vacation could be that last nonwatering bit. Five days no water then harvest!

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the advice. I want to wait but they idea of leaving her for five days terrifies me. This is my first grow and I don't want to mess up this far along. My trichs are not as clear as they were but none have turned amber yet. I added a couple pictures I thought showed tirchs close enough. I have more pictures that I'd like to share if anyone wants to see my setup. It wis a cheap diy using suggestions from this site. Anyway chomping at the bit to go see her this morning. Thanks again I'll be around.

Comment

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                JUST GORGEOUS, Jeg!!! Are you SURE you wanna go on vacation and leave that gorgeous girl all alone??? ;-}

I wrote a big long thank you and more pictures and it disappeared. Sorry I'll try again later. Got to work for a minute

Comment

Comment

Anyone want to see more pictures?

Comment

• Marley
                    Marley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Obviously!

• LuckyAcres
                    LuckyAcres commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You asking this question for real? 😅 Yeah man!

Comment

Taken today

Comment

Looking great

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                        9fingerleafs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's anyone's guess. It's going to depend on many things but it may be wise to strap that big cola to the ceiling

• oldjarhead100
                        oldjarhead100 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jeg I wouldn't worry about it water day you leave and she will be ready to cut when you get back .even the worst case isn't bad here if she dies she is still drying so no worries I hope you have a fantastic vacation going anywhere fun?

• Jeg
                        Jeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes. Baseball tournament

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X