Thoughts on my first 2 real grows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on my first 2 real grows.

Hi guys and ladies. Just a few words and best practices of my two auto grows.
    For a rookie I think I did well. While the yield on my OG Kush Auto and my Critical mass Auto, was not what I was hoping for. I harvested approx. 1 ounce from each plant. While not a lot, the advice and info on the website, allowed me to grow some killer bud. The flavor and aroma from both plants were great. After following the advice on harvest, drying, and curing I have some of the best pot I have had in years. Not just my warped senses but my Step daughter (the only person I that I know who smokes more than I do) said it was ‘Awesome’. I didn’t know what to expect but the tutorials and advice allowed me to bring these plants in.
    I had always heard that curing would increase high, flavor, and smoothness. Smoothness was the only thing I felt could be improved by curing. I have tested both strains from dry to full cure and it was all true. The smoothness was great, not a cough to be found even when it was dry but not cured. I never expected the flavor at all. I must have not had a good connection because I have never had the taste of bud be a consideration in my view of ‘good’. I NEVER expected the high to get better, but it did.
    Thank you Tutorials and the very fine info I received from all my fellow growers.
    My next goal is to raise the yield. I have one more seed of each strain, so I will check my notes from growing the first batch and see what I can improve.

Thank you to everyone, I COULD NOT have accomplished this without you all.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Hi Bikerstonrr,
    That's a great post. You never know what you're going to learn and it sounds like you learned a lot. It's a fascinating thing, isn't it? Who knew that growing a plant would be so captivating and have so many elements to consider and things to try to improve the yield, taste, aroma, and effect. It's a beautiful journey, yes?

BookReader

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is.

Congratulations, Stoner!
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Dude I'm right there with you, my first batch ever grape ape is just kicking my buddies butts! The feedback is way better than expected, I haven't bought any buds since January it's the best feeling ever! Cheers Stoner and congrats on your 2oz of magic!
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

What a wonderful write-up! It really helps other growers to hear from the experiences of others! When it comes to yields it is partially a matter of providing the right environment (mostly providing enough light, but other things, too) and harvesting at the right time. If you keep posting during your next grow, I think we'll be able to help guide you to even better results Congrats on a great harvest!

Isn't it crazy how curing increases the potency? It keeps doing that for months!

Comment

I got some free auto seeds planted them in outside pots one plant I got 3 joints from haha. the other I got about 6 oz from . I use reg or fem seeds now I think the yield is more consistent and you have some control of it
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. It is a marvelous journey and I thank God I found you folks to guide me on this journey.

A bit more follow-up: Just finished drying my OG Kush so I decided to do a test sample. took two hits off my pipe and forgot everything. It was a half hour before I could recover lol.

It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
            Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
            Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• NebulaHaze
              NebulaHaze commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that's the sign of some good bud! Congratulations!

Cough hack cough hack hack hack. Good shit, man.
            Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X