Starting training on mini bush!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting training on mini bush!

These widows were germinated 3-23 and 3-25. Both just entering veg. I topped each once. Noticed the bushiness, let it go and kept light at new growth. Now i see i should probably have raised the lights before today. I assume to little light = stretching, to much would be bushing.

My plan was to start by removing the four big fans... or maybe its just best to let her grow a little with the light at more of a distance? These are going in the taller tent so Im not as nervous about flower space.

Forgive me when I come at things backwards when Im thinking about or explaining them. Its a dyslexia thing lolol so ignore all spelling as Im not running through a spell check first☺️

Looks very nice CCisme . Your spelling is fine. Looks like you haven't taken any off yet. I would take off at least those two big fan leaves, maybe more when you get close and looking at it.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, Im thinking so too. Id like to try mainlining these maybe since I have height. The others I have to scrogg in that 4 ft.

Comment

Looking real healthy. You should let them grow they seem to be very happy. Right now is vey small and it needs those leaves. You can always remove them later if you feel like it

Comment

Thank you, you're right about it being a style and choice for the space.(another thread) Hopefully doing it different then my dark angels will let me see two different out comes to help me figure mine out.

Im hoping the raised lights will increase the space a little between nodes. Still havent taken any leaves, I stare at them for awhile, see were I want them and how could I achieve that. Think some more and repeat.

The other girls are doing ok for being pinned and defoiled quite a bit. Concerned as a few leaves have a sharp downturn at the tip, thought they were droopy from watering but its been two days. Trying to wait til the next plain watering in case it was a little over on N, going to make sure they get 20% run off.

Ok can moving the metal stakes over and over damage roots? Id assume so... thats why I try an keep the measure twice at the front of the process.

Comment

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Think they are beautiful CC & agree with 9fingers . I love White widow.
              Very rich looking little girls you have.
              You are in Coco & perlite?

• CCisme
              CCisme commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, the mix is a little light on perlite but the lil girls all seem to love it anyways, using the gh flora trio.

Looking great. I don't know about the meter but it sounds damaging to change its place all the time. About the node distance. It's going to elongate when it stretches and if it doesn't you can always eliminate unwanted nodes. Let them grow and watch them. Lots to learn

Comment

impressed. Following for sure.
              SSD

Comment

cc nice pics on the 3rd pic you can see everything from trimming the main trunk you have given yourself (looks like 6 main trunks ) now you need to do the same thing to the six when ready,( i let them grow 3 or 4 nodes then cut back to the node that has the biggest growth ) it will give you 12. you have to let bottom 2 branches catch up.also it looks like your holding the fan leaves down what you want to tie down is the branch above the fan leafs..
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• CCisme
                  CCisme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok thanks as those little buggers are cropping up everywhere! I was wondering because the stems are so tiny and fragile feeling.

I would cut all big fan leaves off..let the light in...promote side growth...plants make more leaves than they need..

I'm not a leaf lover...been at this a long time...

Comment

Hi CC it does not look like the lights were doing any damage, I would not raise them, more light-good, less light not so much. Otherwise they look great! Keep doing what you're doing and be patient.

Comment

• Green75
                    Green75 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes good point forgot that...keep light as close as possible!!

• CCisme
                    CCisme commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks I was torn w the light but I moved it and the buggers got taller and bushier lolol

I took off the big fans and used twisties on the next set of baby stems to seperate it a little. I was going to try and wait it out see if she started getting longer limbs, but the leaves are tighter and starting to become a tangled twisted mess. They're kind of curling all around each other. I'll pull everyone out tomorrow and try and see what i can seperate out with the twisties and stakes. Then start trying to pick which ones to cut. Hopefully get my better camera out.... think I might of found inspiration in the green room!

CCisme just stumbled onto this .....they're beautiful!!!!!! You're doing a great job!! *high five*
                  FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
                  Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
                  2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X