Ph'ing your water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph'ing your water

So I'm a new grower with 4 auto flowers rn, northern lights well (soon to be), but I read a few posts about run off water, so I know I'm going to ph my water and it will be in soil and I'm thinking if I can get a ph of 6.5 or so it would be nice, but once I water/feed them would the run off be different? like idk I read about others having nutrient deficiencies because their run off was higher or lower? what does run off wate have to do with the water you Initially intake into the soil? I will be growing in soil and not in a pot so I can't test run off if I wanted to, I just don't want to put in (if this is the case) water with a ph of 6.5 and it be like 7.5 or higher run off if that's how it works, I'm just confused

Checking run off PH is just a way for indoor growers to check soil PH. There are other methods to check soil PH and you can amend your soil before starting grow.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      So would it say on the bag what ph it is before hand?

If you are growing outside with regular outside dirt....ph won't really be an issue....please tell me how you plan on planting them in the dirt....your plan...

Comment

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      I will first plant them in soil in a cup, that's decent but just not too expensive because, but I will end up transplanting when I feel they have enough vegeitive growth to be planted in the soil that I put in, which I'm thinking of 5+ gallon hole and I will be feeding them foxfarms nutrients big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom

Why in the dirt? Why not a 7 or 5 gallon fabric pot...with coco and perlite...you are growing autos...two months in and out...

Unless you have worked the ground where you plan on putting them...like tiling up an area digging a big hole mixing rich black soil in it.... why bother with all that

Comment

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      I havnt really planned on a fabric pot...I have no idea how to grow in coco and perlite
      Last edited by growgorilla; 04-09-2017, 10:12 AM.

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      would it work like soil exactly? or is there anything new

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      also would I still get the same yield with coco and perlite?

Oh yea....great yields...easily fed and watered...

Also one advantage is you can pick it up and walk with it if ever needed

Comment

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      yeahhh so.. I think I will take your advice and go for fabric pots

• growgorilla
      growgorilla commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay so I converted it, let's say I have 3, 5 gallon pots and I bought a 50 L bag of coco/perlite if I divided it evenly it would come out to 4.4 gallons each pot, could I feel the .6 gallons with just rich black soil?

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes....mix it all up...maybe add some extra perlite...

Yeah mate, it's good advice, get them in some coco and keep on the forum, you will be on your way to big buds in no time, greenie gives great advice and there are lots of other masters around too😂 happy growing😀
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

would this be good for 3 or 4, 5 gallon pots? it's about 3.6 liters a gallon
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X