Second grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second grow

So here it goes. This is my second grow. I am currently trying to grow peyote cookies. I bought 5 seeds. I soaked them over night in tap water on April 3rd. Put them in root riot starter plugs on April 4th. I had some left over from last years grow. You can seal the bag so they stay fresh (I hope). I had 2 pop on the 5th. 2 more on the 6th. Looks like the fifth wants to poke out. I did have to help 1 with the leaves to get them up out of the rooter. I hope I didn't hurt it. Just wanted to say that using the rooters are easy. They have worked well for me and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for an easy way to germinate seeds. I use a heat pad and a 7 inch dome. I transferred all of the seedlings into 5 inch pots with 75% coco coir and 25% perlite. I have them under a 24 watt fluorescent light about 3 inches away. They will be going into 7 gal smart pots with the same mixture under a double ended 1000 watt MH bulb for veg in a 4x4 tent. When transplanted I used water at 6 ph. I will post pics on next update. Thanks for listening. Green side up

Welcome to the forum, Harry! Can't wait to see pics of your babies!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

It sounds like it's going very well so far, can't wait to see pictures!

Comment

Thank you for the welcome Tat and nebula. I must say Nebula that I have learned a lot from your posts and can always count on you for honest in depth and no bs. Thank you again. To continue on with my progress. I had 4 start to show their first set of true leaves. All seem to be doing good. Even the one I had to help break out. Now I started 5 and 4 sprouted. I thought number 5 was done. So with nothing to lose I started to gently tear away the rooter from the top to look inside. I saw the coty trying to push it self through the side of the rooter. I gently pulled them to the top and pushed the rooter back together. Hope that works. Last grow I had no problem with the coty to break the surface. The only thing I did different my was I read that if you put a set of tweezers into the rooter you could loosen it up and make it a little deeper. I won't do that again. I had the 24 watt flouresnt on it for a few hours today and put the 7 inch dome on top. Just a couple drops of 1/4 strength nutrients. Coco a and b some diamond nectar and floalicious. Hope it's not too soon. I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I will turn my wattage of my double ended mh down to half 500 and leave it about 6 feet above the plants for 18 on schedule. It gets cold in there over night. I'm thinking of putting them in the tent in a cardboard box with the heating pad under them to keep them warm. I took some pictures they're not that good but they will improve. I'll try to put them up now. I also number them

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Harry, why are you giving nutes right now? It might be a little early...

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Harry is growing in coco coir, which is an inert medium that doesn't have any nutrients (unlike soil which has enough nutrients to last your plants for a few weeks). When growing in coco you need to start adding small amounts of nutrients right from the beginning or your seedlings won't really grow

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Nebula!!

Comment

They look great! It does appear you may have a mutation, as one of the seedlings appears to only have one leaf instead of two like all the others! Or it could be a trick of the light Looks like things are going very well so far!

Comment

That's a strange one. One coty went up the other went down. The one on top is thick the one on the bottom is very thin. Looks like it sprouted sideways. I will post more pics today with an update and the plants will be numbered. You still have the green hair ?

Comment

Harry it has been my experience that if you put them in big pots right away then its real hard to control the watering .I mean my seedlings get water every couple of days about 1/4 to 1/2 cup just enough to feed them but not enough to have the roots sit in water they cant possibly drink . also I give them less than half of the nutes recommended ( I mix grow and voodoo juice for 2 gallons of water in 6 gallons of water) I.m currently growing 7 different strains and I tried using half strength nutes burned half the plants. after a week or so you can start increasing the nutes
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

should of looked at pics. haha keep them gallon pots until roots come out bottom then put in 7 gallon pots
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Lol they are only in quart pots now. They seem to have perked up a bit. I had to let them dry out. My first grow was bubbleponics so I never learned to water. I read so many different ways to water coco. I think a lot of what I read was good information. I think what I didn't take into consideration is that the watering changes as the plant grows. When I first watered them after the dried out I used 5 ml of water. But under the hot lights (80 deg yesterday and 78 today). They drank that too fast. I watered until runoff today and the leaves dropped for a couple hours and then popped right up. I also have a little feel as to when the pots are dry which was a good learning experience. I really need to put up some more pictures I think it was the light water as you suggested worked great. I'm using only 12 percent of suggested nutes. I'm not sure if that helps any but it doesn't seem to hurt Thanks oldjarhead. I will def post pictures tomorrow

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                    NebulaHaze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can't wait to see how they're progressing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X