10K MH bulb for vegitative cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10K MH bulb for vegitative cycle

I was wondering if any one here knows about using a 10K MH bulb for veg?.

"K" is usually used a s a reference for color temperature_ degrees Kelvin.....but a 10K bulb.....I have no idea. Degrees Kelvin are like 2800, 3200, 5000, 6000, 9000, etc. If you're not seeing the designation on the bulb itself then maybe its a misprint or....haha_ spell check. Find out, let us know!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

He means a 10000k bulb
      Visit my current grow at
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

I have one coming for my CMH light. They are for the final couple of weeks of flowering . I guess they produce a shit load of UV rays and the plants produce trichomes to protect itself. Well that's my understanding of it.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too dude, I think Green75 has one dude but IDK if he uses it......let me know how you fair with it dude

10K is like being on the Equator! I bet this blue MH would also work well for vegetation, As long as I follow-up with a HPS lamp for flowering.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
          10K is like being on the Equator! I bet this blue MH would also work well for vegetation, As long as I follow-up with a HPS lamp for flowering.
          I intend to try this out next grow using both a fresh 10K rated MH for vegetation. Then I will switch over to a 600 watt HPS for flowering and more red. The UV is not good for your health so use protection when around a 10K rated grow bulb. Long sleave shirts and eye protection is a must. I suspect the 10K light will do vegetation just fine, and after the HPS bulb switch buds should form ok. we shall see.

Comment

I know this is a older form but I personaly started useing the 10k mh in veg and I actualy see more growth than the top line normal mh light. How did this work for you?

Comment

They make a 10k bulb for a cmh fixture and I believe they recommend it for the blast couple weeks in flower to increase terpene production.
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I personaly notice more growth in veg with the solistek 10 than the normal eye hortilux super blue mh

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X