Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can make the Sun Shine?

Hey cannabuds,

I finally transferred the girls to their outside location. The question I present to you is this: Would my yields increase exponentially if I were to use LST and tie my plants down, creating a bushier plant with more potential colas? Please, Please, PLEASE sprinkle me with knowledge.

Hi Rooster, as I understand it sunlight is a pretty 360 degree light source and typically plant training works because it creates even access to an overhead light so I don't think you'd see the same benefit from training as an indoor grow does. All I ever do for training outdoor plants is top at the 5th node and remove the first two nodes (that's for photo period plants).

I'd be tempted to raise the plants (and greenhouse) off the ground a bit too to help with bug abatement.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      How high should raise the girls Off the ground?

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if there's an optimal height or not but I think an overhang helps. The idea is to create a extra separation between your lawn/garden and the plants to discourage wandering bugs from finding your plants. A pallet with some ply on top should work, the ply would give you a surface to spread salt and diatomaceous earth to further discourage bugs and slugs.

Looks like others below do recommend LST for outdoor too. If you're going to be working on your plants regularly then your back and knees will likely appreciate raising them up to desk height or so.

LST will help absolutely - Candy Man makes the Sun Shine.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      I was hoping you would say that. I've only been able to theorize up till now, so I will definitely experiment with them.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      hehehe Rooster - sorry -but I meant Sammy Davis Jr.'s song "The Candy Man"

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, nah I know what you meant. I was hoping someone would catch it. We're on the same page

I grew for years outdoors unaware of training and It's the only thing I regret. The more you can spread the plant the more you going to harvest. I've seen (on videos of course) how with the proper training and some raised bed plants that up to 10 pounds of dry harvest doing 3 staged harvests

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Raising them up lessens chance of moldy shit or something growing underneath.

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      9, Mr. Cervante's has opened my eyes. Thanks for the good info.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcomed. Good luck

beware the wind....i've had it wreck some raised outdoor plants...learned to either make a wind break or adjust the platform accordingly.
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      wind burn?

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      nah, i meant when the wind whipped up suddenly like before a storm say and managed to knock em over/roll off their platform...

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      hmmmmm..... maybe I should weigh the pots down somehow

Ive never liked to use pots outside for that reason[wind blowing them over). I have found that if you dig a 5 gal hole and add your grow medium. You can spread the D earth around the plant. I spray with Neem oil every 14 days and haven't had any bug problems over the last 4 years of outside grow.
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Will the oil stop those worms from getting the flowers and stems? Nasty buggars

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      is neem oil something I can get at a grocery store?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X