Old man needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old man needs help!

I haven't grown in 20 yrs.. I started with a good strain I know and had 100% germ on seeds from Amsterdam..in a dome under an 18" sunblaster fl.. I wanted to do it right so I have a 4x4 tent and a bd 600led that cost a pretty penny.. here's my issue.. I switched them to the 600 10 days ago and they haven't grown since.. I can see sets of 5 leaves on each plant but like I said that's how they looked 10 days ago. They just started week 5 and are only 6"tall and should be thriving by now. Ph this temp all perfect. I'm not new at this so over/under watering not an issue. I used to run a 400mh and 1000hps with no problem. This is my first led light.. they are dark green and healthy. Obviously I shocked them with the light change so my question is ..am I just bugging ?only hit them with half potent nutes a few days ago.. I go water/nut/water using Lucas ratio .. also never used that method, but they seem fine.. this never happened before.. light burn, nut deficiency, pests, ph temp.. I've seen it all but never this.. basically they've gone dormant.. 10 days seems like too long without growing.. the light is 28" away.. am I getting paranoid in my old age? I need someone to talk me down.. they are gonna bounce back right? It's big bud so they should be ready for cloning by now from past grows.. help please

Hi grateful, I've switched plants from fluorescent to led before without any issues.
    Is your LED the Phytomax-2? If so, that's one serious light, congrats.
    If it is the Phytomax they seem to recommend quite the height from the canopy in veg (up to 47") ... perhaps you could try raising the light 10" and see if the plants grow.

I'm sure they'll bounce back. These plants are amazingly resilient.

Are they drinking as you'd expect? If so maybe they're just building roots.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Hey Brit, thanks for a reply, ahh technology. Come to think of it I said at my last water, they're good, wait another day or two before you water, but I watered anyway.. I hope they're working on root growth , it's just that I think something isn't right.. moving the light further away seems like a good idea but if they aren't hurting and they are in shock I think I'll wait a week.. or maybe go 20/4 instead of 18/6 thoughts?

Comment

From one old man to another, I don't know enough about growing to diagnose your situation. However, like most old men, I do have an opinion. My guess is that there is a little shock, but beyond that, these plants no longer have a need to stretch for the light. No need to get taller for a week or two because there is all this light. I will bet that your stalks and stems are getting fatter and stronger, without all the top growth. Just say'n

Welcome to the site
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I think it's just making some roots. In a few days is going to speed up exponentially

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean 5 weeks is a lot but there's very little you can do to stop the growth and development without killing he plant

Thanks flock.. yeah I'm thinking a watched pot doesn't boil.. leaves are definitely thicker and there are 4 nodes.. I just feel like nothing is happening.. I'm second guessing myself all the time because of the light.. just trying to save the hassle of switching btw mh n hps.. the game has changed .. keep telling myself they're gonna pop soon.. trying to get em 20/24" before flower and they get big.. I have the height.. anyway thanks.. God grant me patience.. but please hurry up

Comment

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I am finding growing both enjoyable and frustrating. I enjoy being able to make this great stuff and know that it is clean, safe and high quality. Frustrating, because I have over-corrected every problem, in every grow, including the one I am in now. But, I think I am getting a handle on it, slow but sure.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the forum, Grateful!!! You are among peers and friends!! Yes, your prayer is correct: we all need patience. Sometimes they seem to sit still, and other times you see phenomenal growth every day!!

Hi Grateful, I'm finding out that they all grow differently. I mean differently, some fast some slow, growth spurts no growth spurts. I just go by how healthy they look anymore. Even when you get a little discoloration of the leaves or leaves bending up or down -- if overall health is good - ph, temp, Rh all in the good range, then just watch how much water and nuts you give them.

I have a bubblicious growing now, from the first day it sprouted, and it's about 3 weeks now, one leaf had all brown streaks going through it, the rest of the leaves were fine. Today the fan leaves are gigantic compared to the other plants I have growing, as a matter of fact I just measured the one leaf on the fan and it's almost 6 inches long, it's like twice the size of my others the same age.

I wished I had documented, a lot of the stuff I went through already -- Getting to old to remember, lol. Anyway If I remember my northern lights, stalling for a while - then I went from about 40 - 50 RH, to 50 - 60 Rh and they took off -the only thing is that I can't say for sure if that's why or was it just time for them to grow?

Like people, different strokes for different folks.
          Last edited by yamiacaveman; 03-30-2017, 07:16 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think it's that we're too old; I think it's that we're often too high... ;-}

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Ain't that the truth... Whoa, wait... Wut?

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            DingusKhan I SAID....... Wait; what did I just say???

Yeah man, thanks I have 2 each of 2 other strains I started last Saturday under the led.. wasn't planning on running them yet but already they have first set of true leaves about an inch long with the next set popping.. that's more like it. Kinda like experimenting and covering my old ass with wifey.. whom I told I know what I'm doing.. hence my sense of worry... rh was at around 50/60%from start with the bb.. had a 30 degree drop 1 night but other than that I'm stumped. I'm gonna let them dry out for 4/5 days and just check the seedlings.. once they're dry I'll give them nutes at full strength and hope for the best.. had 100% germ on those new beans from a different .bank so that's something I can smile about. I had plans to top/ train/ clone and be perpetual..I will but maybe not with the strain I thought.. gladly the outdoor scene is close

Comment

I have found that taking weekly photos really helps me judge growth. I'm with you on a watched pot never boils! Looking back at weekly photos of previous grows I can see distinct growth spurt around week 4 of veg but I am currently using CFL lighting. Got no experience with LED.
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought the expression was, "A watched pot never smokes itself."

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X