Growth at two weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growth at two weeks

The pictures are of my plants at two weeks today In this soil setup [See #6 below]. Not sure if they are growing like they should be. Seems to be a little slow.
    Soil PH is 6.8 water I have been using water with a PH 7.0. Lights are about 25 inches from top of plants. Temp in the tent is 75*, Humidity between 48 and 60
    What do you all think?
    Thanks,
    Grow space:
    1. 60x60x80 Vivosun tent
    2. VenTech inline Exhaust fan with adjustable speed control
    3. (2) Galaxyhydro 300W LED Full Spectrum
    4. 8 inch Oscillating fan
    5. EZgrow Timer set for 18/6
    6. 2 Autoflower White Widows in Half and Half Roots Organic original with Kind soil on the bottom.
    7. 7 gal Smart pots

Last edited by Pctiger60; 03-30-2017, 02:01 PM.

Hi Pctiger. Your seedlings look healthy. I'm sure there's lots of growth going on beneath the surface, especially as you have them in big pots.
    I'd be tempted to try bringing the lights down a bit, maybe an inch a day for a week down to about 18".
    It's hard to tell from the overhead shots, but are you seeing any stretch in the main stalk?
    Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 03-30-2017, 03:26 PM.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Pctiger60
      Pctiger60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stretch is about 2inches for both plants

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be it's not a stretchy strain, I'd still try lowering the lights gradually and watching the response. I have a Roleandro 300W full spectrum (5w chips and double lenses), I had to take it down to 16" above the canopy to get my plants growing underneath it.

• Pctiger60
      Pctiger60 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking about bring the light down. So I will try that and check growth (stretch). Thanks.

They look good, but mainly they look healthy! One thing i have learned, every grow is different and every plant is different even if if it is the same strain. I have 2 northern light auto's, I started the same time, same tent same everything, at two weeks old and they looked like yours. The one was always 2 inches taller that the other, then at the stretch, the smaller must have stretched twice and is 4 inches taller than the other , and probably 4 weeks behind in buds.

One is 38 inches tall and the other shot up to 45 inches.

Personally I would get the temps up to about the 80 degree, and get your watering PH down to 6.2 - 6.5 --- your RH looks good.

So this is what I mean about different -- Here is a pic of a chocolate skunk auto at 13 days topped at 2nd node, I have another that was slightly bigger, that I topped twice, (experiment) in 5 gal pots. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14232.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	461.9 KB
ID:	73762

Comment

• Pctiger60
      Pctiger60 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to try LST on both plants. This is my first grow so going to take it easy with my two girls.

• Pctiger60
      Pctiger60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will get the temp to 80 and the pH down. Thanks

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful training! However, I agree with Pctiger60 that with an auto-flowering strain it's often recommended not to top the plant because they only have a few weeks in the vegetative stage and don't have time to recover like a photoperiod plant would But Yamia your plant is picture perfect for a manifold!

Nice looking plants! In soil you want to keep the pH between 6-7. If you want to dial into the perfect pH, it can be good to test the pH of the water coming out the bottom. If it's coming out high, then you want to give the plants water at pH 6, and if it's coming out low you give water at pH 7 until it starts coming out in the correct range

The only thing I would suggest is perhaps giving them a little less water at a time just for maybe another week or two. Since they're very small they aren't drinking much yet and you want to maximize not just water but also oxygen to the roots. It can help to water the plant in a little circle around the base until the plant starts growing faster and drinking more. Basically you want to try to water your plants every 2 days or so at first. So if it's taking longer than that to dry out you might consider giving less water at a time in a circle around the plant. If it's drying out faster than that it should get more water at a time, until you're able to completely saturate the whole medium and still have it dry out in just 2-3 days

Overall they look good! It seems you've got a good setup, and whenever all the leaves are green you know you're doing something right!

Comment

• Pctiger60
      Pctiger60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank for the advise. Been having to water about every 4 days. I check about an inch to inch in a half down in the soil. The soul has been stay pretty moist. The humidifier I the tent has been helping with that. Got the temp up to 80* and humidity to 55 RH.

They are at 40 days. What do you think? They are both at 40 days. The taller one has reacted the super soil. The smaller one is very bushy and not very tall. I have done some LST and trimming on both. Looking for some feedback. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pctiger60; 04-20-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

They look healthy! It looks like one has started flowering and is starting to grow buds in the middle. One of them looks a touch dark, as if it's getting relatively high levels of nutrients. Are you adding nutrients in the water? If so you might give just plain water for a few waterings, to help give them time to use up the Nitrogen in the soil. If not, it just needs some time to use up what's in the soil.

How close are you keeping them to the LEDs now?

Comment

• Pctiger60
        Pctiger60 commented
        Editing a comment
        That one just reached the super soil. When it did it started going like crazy. I just add water no nutrients. Super soil is kind soil.

• Pctiger60
        Pctiger60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was at 18" moved up to 25". Trying to get the shorter one to stretch.

• Pctiger60
        Pctiger60 commented
        Editing a comment
        NebulaHaze Should I change to 12/12 or stay on 18/6? They are both White Widow Auto's.

Your ladies look good. The lst is really kinda fun once you start, I did split a stem but it healed beautifully. I casted it (squishy green wire wrapped around the stalk for support) Went to see how to deal w it the right way in GWE articles, seems I did ok.

Comment

I wish I was half as articulate as Nebula but my skills lie elsewhere haha .When I plant seeds or clones I plant them in 1 gallon pots first and water with about a pint ( i would suggest that you get a cheep water meter that you can stick in soil knuckles work ok but when you only give a pint of water its not covering the whole gallon pot. using a meter I can insert it close to the roots and see just what they are getting.) I only give them enough for two days with a very weak nute mix. I use grow and voodoo juice to get roots into overdrive.right now I have plants in gallon pots that have been in veg for about 4 weeks they get 1 quart of water every 3 or 4 days depending on what meter says. I have found that if the ph is high 7 they dont feed as fast as if it was 6 . if I have plants for my indoor grow room they get transplanted to 5 gallon pots ,when I transplant them I again use voodoo juice for the roots to grow good luck and keep us posted
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Pctiger60
          Pctiger60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both are white widow autos. I do use a meter to check the soil. They have both been in the 7gal smart pots for about 29 days.

This is my grow space.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Looks good tiger, keep chucking light at those autos they love it.
          I run 20 hours light 4 hours dark (20/4) throughout my entire auto grow. Many people run their lights 24 hours a day for autos. No need to switch down to 12/12 with autos.

How are they doing? I agree with Beach_Town_Brit about light schedules. Most growers recommend 18-24 hours of light a day for autos. 20/4 is great!

Comment

Heres an idea of what you can do in that 60x60x80 Tent same thing i have except x2!

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
            Editing a comment
            That's some proper forestry you've got going there Inuart, awesome

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Next thursday is chop chop day things are looking milky i figure one more week would do them good! its day 48 today

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X