9'a garden update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9'a garden update

Just a quick photo update. 600+watts of CFLs. Big plant is high quality strain. All the others are the brickweed seeds in experimenting on. I had a problem a few days ago and I switched to flower with 36 hours of darkness inbetween. This causes all new grow to develop yellow by lack of light. But no deficiency whatsoever it's just a reaction to no light. So this is the morning of their 3rd day with 12 hours of light. They're recovering and everything looks good. I took some clones and put in tap water a week before the switch and they were rooting already so I'm curious what will happen to them
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	72966

Name:	IMG_1970.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	72968

Name:	IMG_1971.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	72969

Name:	IMG_1972.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	72967

Nice looking plants! Is that 600 watts each lamp, or is that a total amount for both of the lamps?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the total amount. Each light has 10 bulbs. I'm using eighteen 30 watts and a cupple of 65watts. Half 2700k half 6500k

I'm a CFL grower, too. How do you keep your temps down in what looks to be a small closet?
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It's actually pretty hard. There is a 1 ton AC mini split in this room at 24C. But I have to pull fresh air inside he closet and get the hot air out. So there are two 6inch fans in each light blowing the hot air to the left side of the light which is raised an inch more than the right side. And to pull in cool air I have an oscillating fan laid on the floor pointing right at the plants. I manage to keep temps in a 27 - 30 C range

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right at the canopy. The roots are in the 25 - 28 C range

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      That sound almost exactly like what I do! I'm not going to grow during the hot Summer this year.

this is how I have the bulbs and fans

Name:	IMG_1973.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	73325

Name:	IMG_1974.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	73326

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      They're pretty great actually. I make a bunch of holes and put a big square of fabric before filling it with soil. Super handy to have a rigid rim to tie the branches from and I don't feel I hurt the plant if I have to move it around. the fabric bags feel so fragile

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now is day 7 of flowering. In around 10 days I'm going to lollipop all the budsites and I'm going to take a bunch of leaves off. Just once after the flowering stretch is what I think is most efficient. Just to clear the canopy so the air can flow

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like a rigid grow bag, pretty cool

Bro, that a beautiful light set-up. Well played sir.
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      I've recently found 105 watt cfls being sold in a store around here. Was thinking of supplementing my grow room with 1 or 2, just cause I can probably find a way to add them in somewhere.

You reckon that's a good idea? (I think they even sold 150 watt bulbs, but those were totally HUGE.)
      (PS. For some reason these bulbs don't say what colour spectrum they are. Not even warm or daylight. Is there a way to find out which colour the bulb is? Like a standard code or something like that.)

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I think as a supplemental light hey will work but the efficiency decays over 45 watts. If you divide lumens emmited by watts.
      My 30 watts put sup 2000 lumens and the 63 watt puts up 3500 so more than double the watts for just 1500 more lumens. Besides for the big ones you need a big fat special socket
      I doubt those bulbs are cheaper than the same wattage worth of little cfls. Maybe a bit more work and wiring but algo you can cover more dark spots

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's what i'm talking about. Sexy information. Thanks brother. =)

I have some pictures I took yesterday. The day before I untied the plant and took some folliage of the bottom. Stil plenty of room to tie back down if they grow too much. Rest of the plants are looking great. This is day 9 flowering
    Attached Files

Comment

Some pictures of this morning. Praising to the light
      Attached Files

Comment

LuckyAcres remember I told you I was going to untie my plant and defoliate. Check out how I got a canopy wider than the edges of the pot but not touching them so I can water it and amend the soil. I also completely cleared the lower zone to get airflow to clear the moisture between the soil and the canopy. I was busy he last few days and I didn't took pictures of before but if you zoom in on the previous pics you'll see the difference. As I stated above this also gives me some more space to tie down if branches get too tall. What do you think?

Comment

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey 9, finally got to sit down and check on the GWE fam! I can't see any pictures you might have posted today man! Remember post THEN I toke! 😅😎💭💭💭

Weird. I did posted maybe only I can see them. Here they are again

Name:	IMG_2009.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	75936

Name:	IMG_2007.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	75937

Name:	IMG_1996.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	75938Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2006.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	75939Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1998.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	75940Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1999.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	75941Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1997.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	75942Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2002.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	75943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2001.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	75944Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2004.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	75945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2005.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	75946Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	75947

Comment

Yeah now I see them! Beautiful canopy 9! Nice job for sure! I'd remove a few fan leaves in the center maybe for airflow but I have a itchy trigger on my pruners!
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

I'm so amazed by the triple mutation, if it turns to be a male can I have its pollen! It looks to be growing stably!
            Grow and good luck
            Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I have such a small growspace that I cannot afford to flower a male. That triple leaf plant is now making its first two leafs node just like a regular plant. And I got another regular one that after 5 nodes it's starting to make 3 leaves node. Pretty weird and inconsistent

Nice looking girls, 9!! I use CFL's too and they work great for small spaces. I have always used 42w but when I went to get new bulbs for flower everyone has stopped selling them! I don't want to use lesser light (23w) for flower so I ordered 42w online and just said fuck it, and bought a 315 LEC too!! 😆
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice congratulations

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, can't wait to finish current grow so I can expand grow space and crank up the 315. Others on here have been raving about theirs!

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Check Everest fernandez on YouTube. He's an hydroponic master and he does light reviews. I couldn't wait either if I were you

Damn bro. That big girl is looking so amazing. You've really done an outstanding job raising her up to be a beauty.
            Originally posted by 420n808
            If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks 😢They grow so fast

I'd say go ahead and flip that big one it looks ready to show you her bounty of flowers!
            Grow and good luck
            Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

They're all flowering since march 25. So today is day 14 so exactly end of week 2 from switch. The big one. As you said. Is fully mature and flowering already. The little ones are too young and even after two weeks in flowering not a single preflower they just keep growing. This strain is grown around the equator so I wouldn't be surprised if its kinda ruderalis meaning it's used to 12/12 all year round. I've had way smaller indicas flowering faster than this gals. They seem to not care at all about the switch

Comment

• furrysparkle
                furrysparkle commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh nvm then let's see some more pics then!! Woo

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course I'll post some in a while

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X