No announcement yet.

Sean Winchester's Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you were_ more likely my bad. I thought I was replying to sean winchester too. I'm not much of a public forum or Facebook type but this forum is much better and directed to just those folks with very similar interests and everyone is polite and happy to share ideas and such. I recommend it to everyone I know who grows. Maybe I'll get better at it with more experience! NO adds, no popups, no BS. Nebula and sirius got this together really well, best I've seen!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      hell ya its the best! and im with ya. this is the only forum i ever joined, but read many. i dont do facebook or any other social media. i will spare you the tirade! hahaha.
      so no worries! just rippin around the house lungs full of Redheaded Stanger, made a response to somebody and suddenly im talkin to somebody else. had to go to the top like 4 or 5 times tryin ta figure it out, lol! ya i got priors posting on the wrong thread...

HA! then I'm not the only one_ good to know there are others out there as well. Cheers to you, and lets "keep on.. keep'n on"....oh oh_ just gave away my age! Must be time to try one of the S.A.D. Auto buds I just jared after 5 days hanging to dry. They smell ok for not having any cure time and are sticky as fly paper. Should be really nice smoke in a few weeks. Still waiting on the Ayahuasca Purple which nearly has me drooling every time I look at them. The whole house smells like weed.....I think its making my nose tickle!
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

good stuff! only smell comin outta my tent right now is swamp foot and ass. still getting over a lil rootrot! need to get off seans thread now. see ya around zigzag!

Comment

So when manifolding is this what it should look like

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, looking good!

All my plants have 5 nodes on them do I have to really wait for them to have 7 to manifold them
        Last edited by Sean Winchester; 04-09-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful of stunting a young plant! Try to leave more leaves at first if you top early, and wait until later down the road to clean up the plant. That way it can use the power from the leaves. Though often you can just wait a day at this point and your plant may be growing more than one node a day!

• Sean Winchester
          Sean Winchester commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thank you

close! 95° bend bro. broke 2 this week, lol. first bends suck for me. occasionally i get ONE right, lol.

Comment

Did they survive the break

Comment

Added 2 catch pans and piped in the drains then added another light now I just need to wait for 2 more nodes and remove a couple plants and then manafoild them and then flip the lights

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice Sean. Handsome and functioning environment...and agree choosing is easy..letting go..not so much.

That's the part that hurts! Choosing who gets to live and who has to go. I have given them away in the past but they weren't cared for well enough and were very poor producers for those folks.
            Now that there's a commercial grower here I gave him the two I had to remove. Now they are getting good care_ he gets to try out two new strains and I get 1/2 the harvest. Made the decision so much easier !

Comment

• Sean Winchester
              Sean Winchester commented
              Editing a comment
              I made a special room for them to go into since I can't bring myself to get rid of them it has a cob light and a fan it's 2x4x 7' high I'll post a picture later when the light comes on. I have 2 plants in there now

Comment

Big problems today. ran the 3rd light today and came home to a tent with a temp of 89 and leaves were looking like tacos. Just installed a 6" larger case exhaust fan and turned the dehumidifier up to 55% and now it's staying at 80. Anyone have any suggestions please

Comment

Looks like you can't seem to put your babies up for adoption either. I think that isn't an uncommon malady. Sorry to hear about the heat stress.....How large is your intake fan/duct? Where does it get its air from? I don't have any direct experience with this because my grow room gets good ventilation and if I need to cool it off I just open the window. Anyway, this may be extreme but if you can bring in cold air from outside that might help_or from another room or from the same room outside your tent that is air-conditioned (if you can fit buying one into your budget_and have room for one of those floor jobs or can install one in a window. Last grow I had 5 gallon buckets and the humidity went way up so I had to buy dehumidifier. Got a large one and it works great_they also had air conditioners that were about the same size and price. Saw them at Home Depot, its not small though, about 6 cubic feet. A friend has an intake fan that pulls air in from outside_ it's often below freezing here at night now so he has it rigged so it turns on when the temp gets to 80 and shuts down when it gets to 70. In a way just like your dehumidifier. I can ask him about the setup if you'd like. Good luck, hope the problem gets resolved!

Comment

In the middle of manifolding I got a service call so I'll call it done for now I ran out of stakes and it killed me to cut them that much and I got to fill my cloner up

Comment

Work, always seems to get in the way, one way or the other. From the photos it looks like you have good separation between the two lighting setups without the divider_ for your experiment- cool. The pruned ones look pretty healthy so they should make a nice recovery. Anxious to see how the manifold works out_ I'm planing to try that next time.

Comment

How big is your intake hole, and is there cool fresh air coming in? A good exhaust fan is really effective as long as it can get enough air to replace all the hot air. Where is the hot air venting out to? Your plants look good! 80°F is hot but not that hot

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X