Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to everyone and my first grow

Hello everyone

My names Stu and would like to hello to everyone and give you a look at to what I'm doing.

This is my first ever grow and the setup I have is as follows

1.2 X1.2 x2m grow tent with a 150mm extract fan with carbon filter. 100mm inline fan supplying air in and an oscillating fan in the tent

Adjustable ballast (250w to660w) with hps bulb and reflector hood (not cooled)

I'm growing white widow/big bud

i used 250w for seedling and the 400w when they were a bit stronger

600w for flowering

I've started a Scrog but not great and I'll take more care With it next time

id love any input or suggestions you good people have !

oh ps I did manage to increase humidity from the picture

Last edited by Stu; 03-24-2017, 06:11 AM.

It looks too crowded, too many plants to get the full benefit of a scrog. I just started my first scrog, too, though I've been growing for a while. That being said, I don't know very much about scroging and I'm still researching the topic. Where did you get your info on how to scrog? I posted two days ago on this topic as I'm still learning. (http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-on-scrog-nets) But my plan is to let the two plants fill up the scrog over a couple of week where your plants filled the scrog from day one. What is your thinking behind this?
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Your plants look 'Stu'pendous! Great job on your first grow.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hi dagmar, to be honest I agree with you and next grow I'm reducing plants down to 4 instead of 5. I topped these plants at the 5th node and that was it apart from a bit of tying down to keep them as level as I can.

The screen was a last minute thing a week before they went into flower, just to keep everything together in a closer in the sweet spot that I've got by using lux meter.

Ive found a very interesting article about LST that in going to use next time which involves growing main stems horizontal in a '+' shape after topping. I know that's what the screen will do but I fancy trying it as well!!

At the end of the day I know the screen isn't great but it was a learning curve this time around

I very much welcome ideas and thoughts from you guys and girls.

Im totally stocked at how well it's actually gone so far with the only issue being heat probs, which I'm sorting with a cooled light hood next time around in the flower tent.(perpetual harvest is the plan)

Ill post up the links to the LST method I plan on using

Thank you Canuck 147 for the 'stu'pendous comment !!!!!!!

cheers !!!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum, Stu!!! It may be a jungle in there, but you have done a great job so far on your first grow!! You are sure to get some great buds! I'm only on my third grow right now, and still learning so much.

Hi, the growing method on Scrog and lst is from GWE LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial

really good article

Comment

looks great stu! got some nice gems beefing up! welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I didn't realise how addictive the growing would be!!!!

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
              intergalactic_harvester commented
              Editing a comment
              super addictive. i live in my mancave now, lol. and my poor credit cards...

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              And I in my womancave (is there such a thing???) along with MY poor credit cards!!!

My wife has joked about how much attention I give to my 'babies' 😂 And I have wish list of thing to buy when I get money again!!!!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I think most of us love to spend time in the grow room, gazing fondly at our babies...

• intergalactic_harvester
              intergalactic_harvester commented
              Editing a comment
              oh my god we all got the same itch! this hobby offers so much its ridiculous.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              When I reflect back on a year ago (I started growing in July 2016), having to drive far, shell out $400/oz for decent stuff, but before that having to shell out $275 in a fairly dangerous environment for stuff that was sometimes better than other times, I couldn't be happier communing with my babies.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X