Need an expert on scrog nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an expert on scrog nets

I'm trying my first scrog and all the reading I've done is confusing. There are a lot of different ideas on what is and what is not a true scrog. And no really good guide or instructions to be found. Even GWE doesn't give a lot of info.

I have two Nirvana Black Jack plants that are 6 weeks old. I have been topping and training, and just before setting up the scrog, I did some significant defoliation. My plan is to let the scrog fill up over the next 3-4 weeks, continuing to tuck all the tops, and after flipping to 12/12, I will still continue to tuck everything for another two weeks. I will keep the whole plant under the net until two weeks into flower and then let the girls go wild.

I'd love to hear what experienced scrogers have to say about my plan? Offer improvements, ideas, information....? Direct me to a good instructional source?

(disregard the smaller plant, it will not be part of the scrog)
    I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
    Blue Mystic (7 gal)
    VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
    Coco Coir w/30% perlite
    Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Sounds like a plan,make sure u can get all the way around them since in scrog u can't turn them!',,,,,,

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a 3'x3' scrog and I have the lights hung so that I can easily raise them up. I still have to reach but it's doable. Thanks, Potted.

Dagmar Im attempting scrog also in a couple weeks and am also confused a bit lol I will be keeping an eye on this thread

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll have to stay in touch and compare our work.

Hey dagnar, I'm no scrog expert but I'll share what I got so far. Check out my grow journal below for pics if you want.
    Current scrog is about 5x7. The width is good for my height as it allows me to reach the center without straining my back. It's at about waist height. Had to adjust cinder blocks under some pots to bring them up to the big pots height. This grow wasn't scrogged properly, the tuck and weave turned into a very disorganized canopy with different height colas, not the most efficient, yield wise. Squares are about 3-4" wide.
    Here's my plan for the next round, Big Dirty x9
    The plants are now in the veg room, about 3' tall. Once the current flowerers(sour diesel) are done I'll move the BD under the scrog. Depending on how full they are I might let them go at it for a week before flipping the light, making sure the whole net is covered, bd doesn't seem to stretch that much.
    Before flipping the light they'll get a major defoliation, preventative pyrethrin and fungal spray and 24hrs of dark. And a shoulder rub.
    My plan with all the 3" squares is to hopefully have one cola per square. Right now some grow on top of each other, roman orgy style...disturbing...
    So once the stretch is over, I'll be pulling as many colas as I can above the net making sure this time I have an even height throughout the whole canopy, all the foliage below the net gets chopped. Once all the branches are in place and the colas have enough space to fatten, I won't touch the scrog itself anymore, only adjusting my lights as needed. Hope that helps.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Dagmar
      Dagmar commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! That's a lot of work! Beautiful! What are your thoughts behind the 3-4" squares? and on not tying off the squares? My squares are only 2' and are individually tied off - which I'll probably regret at I begin to work with it more. Also, I tie my plant down before hand where they were not more than about 8'' from the soil. I generally choose smaller plants for my smaller grow space - obviously not a limitation you have to deal with. Thank for sharing you journal!

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      The previous and first one, squares were 6" so the 3" ones are a great improvement. Not sure I have the patience for something smaller! Not sure what you mean by individually tied off. You mean so that the squares stay squares? I'd love to hear your input on that.

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      LUCKY, lmao!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X