Boveda Packs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boveda Packs ?

have heard that the packs could take out the "terenes' and terpoids". Thinking about it since using "packs" haven't had any smell and taste like before using them (62% RH) Hear they have a new two-way pack - thoughts on ???? They do help the long term cure - sacrifice taste ?

I have never used them. If the RH is below 50% I see no need.

Comment

I would be interested to know the answer on this, since I just bought a bunch of packs and was planning on inserting them in my jars, just to be sure they maintain correct humidity for longer term storage. But I definitely want to keep those precious terpenes and terpenoids. Thanks in advance! 🌻
      Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
      Recent grows...
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

I use them (62%) in mason jars and love the way my buds look and feel after 6 months storage. I have heard of concerns affecting taste but I like not having to worry about moisture.
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

I've heard lots of people say that they only help, with zero downsides. But some growers believe buds smell less after using them. I've cured with and without them and haven't really noticed any difference with smell

Comment

Go to their website. They have a great FAQ. The cannabis grade packs are marketed as "medical grade" packs I believe.

Comment

I use the large Bovedas in Cvaults for curing and storage. I also use the small Bovedas for Jars. They add or remove humidity to maintain 62 degrees. I love them and have heard no complaints or concerns regarding loss of terpenes, smell or taste. If you have any concerns about maintaining safe humidity, they are great. Also depends how long you store buds. If you were to try to store buds for a year without Bovedas, they may be too dry to ever notice diminished smell or taste. Greatest thing about Bovedas is that buds are moist and fresh months after harvest.
              4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Karlee
                Karlee commented
                Editing a comment
                I love mine also. I'd never had fresh bud before LOL

I'm currently using them in my mason jars, after my first white widow grow, and I'm curing now, each day I notice the smell increasing, I think its safe. I had the same concern, but now after using it myself, it works great. Happy growing
              "Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana"
              - Les Claypool

Comment

Thanks all for answers !!!!! - going to stop using and go back to the "natural" way to cure - use nothing but mason jars and keep in dark at 70 degrees (-/+) I do see that they now have a two-way pack, didn't know about the "medical packs"

Comment

Here's my logic, which I'm sure is flawed. If the humidity of the buds is below 62% the pack will release moisture to compensate. Conversely, if the buds are higher than 62% the pack will absorb moisture and terpenes that are stewing in the humid air will also be absorbed.

Makes sense to me at least.

Comment

I just order a 12 pack of the 62%. Glad I came across this thread. Boveda will be in my jars.

Comment

Originally posted by DWC4ME View Post
                      I just order a 12 pack of the 62%. Glad I came across this thread. Boveda will be in my jars.
                      As we will be starting our cure in about 4 to 7 days, I also bought some. I guess it comes down to ambient atmosphere. We live in moderate humidity area. So now I am kind of conflicted on whether to use them or not. I see no down side, EXCEPT if there is truth to the statement that they can lower your terpenes.

Comment

FYI - Nebula recommends them in her tutorial. Please, young lady, give us some clarity!!

Comment

I will say this: If the environment is not right, the Boveda packs will help. On the flip side, I've never seen anyone with definitive proof that they actually do anything bad. When I've cured with Boveda packs, I like how my buds have come out and smelled and I personally didn't notice any kind of reduction in smell. In my opinion, if you're thinking about using them, go for it!

Comment

Thank you Nebula. That is what I was waiting to hear. Not that I don't trust and value others opinions.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X