Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which marijuana seed banks do you trust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nirvana sells male plants?

Comment

Yes, whenever you buy or they send "regular" seeds, it means some of them will end up being male because they haven't been feminized. The Mystery seeds Nirvana sends are regular seeds that they've used as part of their breeding programs during strain development. Up until last year I'd only heard amazing things about their Mystery seeds. I feel really bad about the Mystery seeds lately. Last year they worked on this strain called "Sativa's Sour Diesel." The strain itself came out amazing, but during the process but I believe they made LOTS of seeds as they did various back-crossing and tried to identify the best genetics. Ever since then, I feel like they're still giving away those seeds because a lot of people are ending up with these traditional Sativa plant growth patterns with the sort of traditional airy Sativa buds, which just aren't what a lot of growers are looking for, especially for growing indoors. That being said, the bud quality seems to be very outstanding, but the yields aren't great I'm sure their Mystery seeds will improve once they've used up all this seed stock. Actually I'm going to email them right now and ask them about this. Stay tuned, I'll update this space when I hear back.

Comment

• Marley
        Marley commented
        Editing a comment
        The plant I posted above turned out to be a male.

• StoneyTony
        StoneyTony commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking pretty droopy there Marley.

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted someone I know at Nirvana and sent them a few pictures of of what people are growing with their recent Mystery seeds (very Sativa dominant, which can be tough for indoors). They told me that they are going to toss the whole batch (which apparently is a whole kilo of seeds), and make new ones! I am always really impressed by the management there.

Why would anyone not use feminized seed?. Electricity is expensive!. EVERY ONE of the seeds I got from Gorilla seed were female! EVERY ONE!
      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 04-14-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I had to get regular seeds to grow Sensi Seeds original Jack Herer--so I did. Cuz I wanted da BOMB.

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, unfortunately some strains, especially some of the famous ones, are not available in feminized form!

the only place that i've ever gotten unlabeled free seeds from is nirvana. and that's their standard deal--10 free regular seeds--and has been for a long time so i didn't expect anything different. seedsman labels their freebies as do bonza and cannapot.
      "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• StoneyTony
        StoneyTony commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly why I'm switching to Seedsman next order. Nirvana has the best website, and great service, but the selection is larger at Seedsman.
        Last edited by StoneyTony; 04-18-2017, 09:40 PM.

I attempted to germinate my first Bonza seed (one of the free bees) The seed did not germinate or even try to do so. It was one of the free Bonza seeds from my order. I will report on the next seed when the time comes.

Comment

Happy Easter!

I've only ordered once, from True North. Overall, good experience, but with a couple of dings. I picked them because at the time (end of January, I think) they were the only ones accepting CC online. But when I got to check out, and they threw the double freebies and no 7% fee, I took it. I mailed them an international money order. Online tracking didn't work all the way there and back because of the border crossing, but it took a few weeks, not too bad.

I opted for stealth, and read that they will send you a free t-shirt or something. Rather, they sent the seeds (freebies marked, yay!) in baggies, no schwag, but this surprising note.

So I started a Moby CBD and the Auto AK in Feb, both doing well Those had cotyledons above ground within 48hrs of dropping in shot glasses, then rapid rooters. But the next 5 turned out to be duds. I tried to germ 2 Dr. Shivas and the Asian Dream freebie, and 2 Grand Daddy Purple Freebies.

Has anyone else had to deal with True North for bummer seeds? Is this a lot of dud seeds in a row? I know it could be me, but I'm using the same techniques that have given me 100% success rate (n=5, before these guys) so far.

Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan Amazing save of one of the babies!!! As I first began reading, I thought you were eating your children, like the Greek god Cronos, but my fears were allayed!!! So sorry about the bad experience with TN; as I believe I already posted in this thread, SeedSupreme has always had my back!!!
          Last edited by alltatup; 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Nebula and Tat. I'm actually not that disappointed or surprised that some seeds are duds, I'm sure I'll find more in the future. Some of them, even some of these, are dead because of me.

I would be less disappointed if I at least got a condescending reply with some helpful hints on germinating, but I only got the automated responses. Especially a big contrast with all the rave reviews of Seedsman, Nirvana (in spite of un-labeled freebies), MSNL, and others being so responsive.

Tat: it was totally a wild-hair-up-my-butt idea, that I thought I read somewhere on the googles about sucking on seeds first, and also about scuffing the husks with a nail file. So instead of throwing them in the trash, I put them in my mouth (there's something to be proud of).

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Khan, you are a brave man; my respect is increased tenfold.

MSNL has been very dependable. Ordered last Sunday beans arrived next Saturday less than1 week from the Netherlands freaking cool. 😎

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          We actually added them to our seeds page since lots of people have been getting great experiences with them, and we were very pleased with our order We'd definitely love any more input on MSNL from other growers, too!

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          MSNL here too. I tried some of the other more popular sites such as seedsman. But my card would not work with them. Even tried some other sites but most did not have the strains i was after. I was about to give up but then i found MSNL. Website is flawless, variety is fantastic, descretion and security impeccable. Was just perfect overall. Couldnt believe it.

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your review! It's so great to hear what's working for other growers!

I think in my depression from finding 2 males in my garden I just placed an order with seedsman. I'm liking them already! They tell you what free seeds you're getting and let you pick between auto/fem/regular. Ive got a whole list of auto strains enroute. Very excited!
        #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
        Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
        Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Seedsman is really professional, I've always had great experiences with them, too!

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Dood, that story is totally funny because it's so relatable.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who has used Sensible Seeds. Mind you not "The Original Sensible Seeds". For ordering a certain way I was to get 5 premium fem seeds free plus 5 normal seeds. To my surprise they sent me 10 premium seeds. That and their price, availability, selection, stealth (don't remember how much but it was a necklace kit), and timely shipping to the left coast (2w3d) I give them 💚💚💚💚 1/2 out of 5.
        Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
        5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
        If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

I haven't read every messages, but so far I've not seen the name of the seedbank I ordered from "Royal Queen Seeds". Considering what other seed banks do and don't, i'd give them... An 8 out of 10? Maybe a 7?
          Out of 8 seeds 2 didnt germinate, one was not good. So total three were lost. Most probably because of my mistake as a new grower.
          They sent a stealth that wasn't exactly what they advertised. (supposedly in a CD box, between two CD. Actually only one CD was there, and the seed were tucked in the leaflet. If package had been xrayed :-/ )
          Fast delivery. Freebie of quality (I asked for a medical strain, they gave me exactly that, even in the name "Medical Mass", so i'd wager i could ask almost any strain as freebie, feminised of course)
          Price is a bit high though, but it often is when its quality.
          They deliver around the globe, but they are based in Amsterdam if i'm not mistaken.
          So far ordered twice from them, was not really disappointed.
          Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the write-up!

Nebula you wanted some pics of my freebie Nirvana seeds. Here is one if I can get it uploaded

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost looks like a pure, landrace Sativa!

I did James bean loved them 2 days in hand!! The dank team where great too sent a bunch of freebies!! All in the usa and take pay pal

Comment

• Joshnup2
            Joshnup2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jamesbean.com and thedankteam.com

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great! This is the first I've heard of them. Has anyone else ordered from them, too?

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Wats the web adress mate and with one use oaypal

Ive orderer from.seaofseeds and planetskunk. Took my money no emails back after i emailed them and no products

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Guest contact your CC company and get your money back. Just tell them goods never delivered, no response from seller.

• StoneyTony
            StoneyTony commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, just as she said. With a CC you have some protection. Good luck.

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            Never heard of them but if they were legit you should have got an order confirmation and a shipping notice once sent (well the good big seed banks do that at least) How long has it been since ordering? It can take 4+ weeks to get here to aus sometimes so it's possible (but unlikely) they sent them without any notification and they're on their way.

Yeah im in australia had to find a place

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You can't order from UK?

I can.its jus hard using credit cards and i dont have bit coin or western union

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I have made many purchases from SeedSupreme and I consider them consistently top notch professional and courteous; since they are very popular and trusted, it takes a bit longer for them to send, but I don't mind waiting.

I had to try the credit card a couple of times when I was first ordering from them, but when I went back and tried again, it always went through.

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know why it didn't work for seedsman. Mine worked no worries and I didn't even have to contact my bank or anything to approve international purchases.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X