Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow...Just Trimmed...Feel like a child abuser now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow...Just Trimmed...Feel like a child abuser now.

So, my girls are 21 days old today and have grown their 6th node. I'm following the tutorials here on GWE so it was time to trim. I'm trying to "manifold" them so I cut down to the 3rd node and trimmed the rest. I moved the fan leaves out of the way and will wait for the growth tips to grow larger before "tying them down".

I've cared for these girls and made sure they had everything they needed....now I did this to them....and I'm feeling like a child abuser.
    I know it's for their own good...(and mine). I hope they understand and don't hate me.

Anything I should be looking out for now that I started the trimming? ps..just fed them this past Saturday.

Thanks for all the help from the GWE forum.

Don't overwater them now, it's tempting but don't. Let 'em dry out and do their growing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Insight
      Insight commented
      Editing a comment
      OK..will they need less water now that there are less leaves? Or will they use the same amount for growing longer and more growth tips?
      Thanks for the heads up.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, not any less, just wait for the soil to dry some.

I'm a first timer as well. Your girls are looking good mate. I really like how you're training them so the light will penetrate deeper into the canopy, especially if you're going to SCORG later down the track.

My girls are 6 weeks old and are short and bushy as hell! I topped them a couple of days ago, but I only went down one node because they're not very tall at all. You can check them out here.

Comment

• Insight
      Insight commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks,
      I thought mine were rather "stumpy" with not too much space between the nodes..they look much like yours before I trimmed.

Best of luck to you with your grow.

Kinda like getting circumcised as a baby... they won't remember a thing when they get older!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

Great execution...looks good

Comment

• Insight
        Insight commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the encouragement, I just took a peek at them...All the growth tips are already on another set of leaves.

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        She will impress you...and you me...keep it up

Good Morning GWE ....13 hours after their trimming, I checked in with them this morning and they all seem to be doing well....Looks like her energy is going into the growth tips as they seem a bit larger than right after their haircut.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        The first 2 wks are the trickiest and slowest. You got them through it, now they gonna really begin to grow. Good job

• Sean Winchester
        Sean Winchester commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi I was wondering what did you tie them down with

Sean Winchester : I just used the little wire ties mentioned in the Trimming and Manifold tutorials and got from Amazon. I had cut up some tomato cages for using later and used some of the metal left over from them to stick straight down into the coco/perlite to act as an anchor for one end of the line and then tied the other end to the plant.

Comment

I was trying to see what you where using for an anchor. I have the cloth pots so I seen one where they used safety pins on the sides. I'm just trying to find as many ideas as possible thank you very much

Comment

• bobsakamoto
          bobsakamoto commented
          Editing a comment
          they make thingys you can buy in garden stores and home improvement stores maybe that are called 'anchor pins' they look like an elongated smushed wicket.

• Insight
          Insight commented
          Editing a comment
          Just an update. I found it easier to use 12 or 14 gauge solid copper electrical wire. I had some 3 conductor 12 ga Romex around and cut it into 10" pieces. Make a hook on one end and then just push the other end into the soil and grab the limb you want to tie down. Many others here use something similar.

Way to show no fear on your first grow! I was trimming away as well on my first grow, regardless of the recommendation to leave everything alone. Keep it growing! Peace!
        Perpetual setup!

Comment

Originally posted by NA420 View Post
          Way to show no fear on your first grow! I was trimming away as well on my first grow, regardless of the recommendation to leave everything alone. Keep it growing! Peace!
          Thanks...Fear (and Anxiety) come from the "unknown". The beauty of this GWE forum is that we hear and see what others are doing and how well it works. That helps remove lots of the "unknown", we have proof it works. So, my lack of fear comes directly from this forum and all the contributors...

So...Big Thanks to all here who show us how to do it.

Comment

After waiting so long to start my grow, and being so impressed with Green75's results, I jumped to gun... started topping too soon! Think I ended up stunting growth. Learning experience.

Yours is looking awesome, good luck!

Comment

Quick update. The girls seem to be responding well to the haircut and like the bondage. Still being careful not to over water. Soon will cut off the 2 fan leaves from the original node.

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking great...she will like the defoliation !!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X