Thirsty girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirsty girl

Growing with soil in a container that is about the size of a 5 gallon bucket, maybe a touch larger. I watered yesterday morning and noticed this morning that soil felt like she could use more already. Plant is 6 1/2 weeks in veg and I have never had to water daily before on other grows. I am letting this one veg longer than other grows and understand that flower can make girls thirsty but damn... I haven't made light switch yet! I guess if she is taking that much water I should just give her what she wants. Anyone else out there that has to water daily?
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Usually that's a sign that you need to transplant or your watering too little. What are the temp and RH ?

Comment

Temp in the mid 70's and RH in the mid 40's. I know RH is low but with new exhaust fan I don't struggle with heat anymore, now it's low RH!! Figure that will be good for flower and veg hasn't shown any real issues. I usually give her one gallon at each watering and that gives me a little run off so I figured that was soaking the medium adequately. Haven't had her "dry out" this quick for entire grow but she is getting big and I am careful to let medium dry out some so roots get oxygen. Container is a planter from Lowe's that is 18" in diameter and 8" deep. I was concerned about the depth of the container (limited on height of grow box) but it has worked for other grows and roots filled in the diameter nicely. Getting ready to switch lights in a week so I think it's too late for transplanting.
      315 LEC
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Very interesting. I've had outdoors plants in 5 gallon pots drinking the same gallon daily being 8 months old. Flowering and under the sun when temps are 30+ Celsius in the shadow. So a lot of it evaporated
        I imagine you have a very healthy root system and a drainable soil. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to suck that much water

Comment

Soil drains well and I can only assume root system is healthy! 😆 Plant looks healthy...
          315 LEC
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Nice. Be sure to flush well and feed lightly cause it's going to drink even when it doesn't need nutes so they can pile up in the plant and cause lock out

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X