Day 3 of cfl lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 of cfl lighting

Got a new fan and a new light so I have 5 lights, 2 fans and 2 vents. Each bulb puts off 900 lumens so that's 4500 lumens total if I'm correct. does my grow look better and what else should I do besides get nutrients?

Seriously man....you need more light!!!

Buy splitters for your sockets so each one will hold two bulbs.

Comment

• Damg18
      Damg18 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know man but I'm kinda broke and have no job, eventually im gonna get some splitters hopefully sooner then later but I'm thinking about scrapping those plants, add more lights and work on my room more then get nutes and some good auto flowering seeds online. Know any reliable websites for buying seeds?

You should get 42w CFL's. They put out 2800 lumus each and no more heat than a 23w at 1600 lumus. What watt bulb are you using that puts out 900 lumus? Like Green75 says, you need more light, especially with CFL's.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Damg18
      Damg18 commented
      Editing a comment
      OK were do you guys get your CFLs my Walmart doesn't stalk anymore told me the bulbs are dangerous?

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I get mine at Lowes or Home Depot. Headed there this afternoon to get new bulbs for flower switch.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, people are getting wrapper around the axle because of mercury in florescent lights and are pushing LED.

Damg 18, lights for sure, I don't know what your budget is but I got these on amazon and they are working great for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	69523

Comment

• Damg18
      Damg18 commented
      Editing a comment
      OK that's pretty cool

Holy shit! Just checked on-line for 42w CFL's at Lowes and Home Depot before going to buy and like Damg18 said about Wally World, they have stop carrying them too!!! Looks like I will be trolling Ace Hardware to get through this grow and then it's diffently time for a 315!!!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

I'm gonna be going to ace too but what would be the best alternative if I can't find anymore CFLs?

Comment

007 commented
        Editing a comment
        300 watt Roleadro 2nd gen LED on Amazon for 70 bucks. I'd grow these as long as it takes with what you've got until you've got some cash to pick up a decent LED. When I first started growing I got CFLs and some fluorescents, T 12s I think, and for what I spent on all that thinking I was going the cheaper route I could have just bought a good LED panel. Think about it anyhow

The hardware store Menards carries them..it's a big chain..they have website

Comment

Got a new bulb and some other things at, the bulb was more expensive then I thought I think I'm gonna have to do what 007 said

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly with how much u end up spending on cfls and crap you could buy an led light just a though or a MH/hps 300watt for 100 bucks with everything

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes he could...

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found that out when i bought the light harness thingy 8 cfls for 25 bucks 10 for that 1 extender 5 3 splitters 10

Why are the bulbs dangerous dude?
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Folks are getting wacked out over the Mercury used to make florescent lights. Big push toward LED. As kids we used to cut open old golf balls because they had a little rubber ball in the middle filled with mercury. That's what caused my brain damage, not the 70's!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X