Need info plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info plz

I need to order a carbon scrubber or carbon filter for a room tht is and 8 feet long 8 feet tall and about 2 1/2 feet wide wht size filter should i buy and I need a inline fan to come with it right? Can I do these with 80$ help plz

I'd also like some resources on this as I'll soon need a scrubber...
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

I don't know what cfm you would need to move, I'm sure u could find that info on the Gwe main site. I can say with fair certainly that you'll not touch the job for 80 bucks. I have about 150.00 in my fan and scrubber, and I think my set up is on the low cost side.

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
        intergalactic_harvester commented
        Editing a comment
        on time joker!
        yyes sir there's an article/tutorial on how to proper ventilation setups in the website.

and don't waste your money on "bargain equipment". that s from personal experience. if the fan has anythiing less than 2yr warranty keep saving your money til you find one.
        similar with the filter. you will have far better luck with any name brand scrubber than a no name one.
        recently I found a wholesale warehouse that has great prices on that stuff. not sure of the rules here but I think you can pm me for the business info I will give it to you. been very happy dealing with them so far.
        dont put yourself in a spot where you end up paying twice.
        good luck

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        See that's why I asked so do I need and inline fan or an exhaust fan? Thanks for the info

Out of my league for what size you need -- Here are 2 links I found that might work - ofcourse don't know how good -- and that size room would probably closer to 8 inch which raises the prices.

TheLAShop 30 pcs Menu Covers hold 14" x 8 1/2" sheets and are a great solution for fast-paced, high-traffic environments. The slide-in design makes it easy to change menus quickly while the easy-to-clean PVC material is versatile. Keep your menus looking neat and organized while protecting them from spills and stains.

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank u! this is important for my familys saftly

you have 160 cubic feet. thats 15 cubic feet less than my 5×5×7.
      6 inch fan rated 380- 440 cfm
      6 inch scrubber rated 400- 450 cfm. slightly higher than the fan.
      it cools my 1000w hid's so it should handle pretty much anything you wanna light it with.

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank u! I no I power is like the cheapest brand are they any good? Oh and definitely pm me tht info if u will

You could try finding a rebuilt/ dented fan from a top brand manufacturer and build your own carbon filter. I got a nice fan for 2/3 off cause it had a dent, its been working great.

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        So basically the most important part is the fan and the rest can be diy ? Should I buy inline or exhaust fan and did u find yours online or did u go to a hydro store?

• BuddMarsh
        BuddMarsh commented
        Editing a comment
        I got mine online but would check local Hydro stores, craiglist,ebay, and used growing equipment sites. Figure out the CFM you need to use for your size room and lights (https://4hydroponics.com/site/calculate-fan). You may also want to someday add a speed control to the fan. Remember a cheap fan will create a lot of noise so keep that in mind.

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Tht was cool thank u it said I need a minimum of 193 cfm

Like Joker said, don't waste time and money on "cheap" equipment. I struggled through a couple of grows with an in-line exhaust fan and tried adding more PC fans to little or no success. Final bought a decent centrifugal fan with speed controller and couldn't be happier! Just wish I hadn't bought everything twice!!! With that said, I also researched carbon filters, both store bought and DIY. Because of my need for stealth I bought a Phresh filter and it works great.
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Phresh is the brand of filter right? How much did tht run you? Thank u for the info

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't remember what I paid for filter but it was around $100 for size I needed. Read good and bad about DIY carbon filters but good reviews out weighed bad. You can really get in the weeds trying to figure out which carbon is the best to use for DIY. Like I said before, I really need stealth so I bite the bullet and bought the Phresh filter. No regrets. CAN also makes a good filter. Centrifugal fan and speed controller cost me $125 at hydro store. Again, no regrets other than spending about the same trying to make in-line exhaust system work as needed. Good luck!

Thank u all for u comments you truly have no idea how much this forum and just mainly you awesome ppl on this site help Ive been to many other sites but none with the quality of ppl like gwe peace out for now I have some work and research to do on maken my room not stink

Comment

The best way to figure out which fan you want in my opinion is to watch YouTube, plenty of people out there want to compare fans for power (air flow), how much electricity they use, etc... In all the YouTube video's I poured through I never have seen a more powerful or quieter fan and it takes less electricity than anyone else was the HyperFan. When it came to finding a good quality carbon scrubber, if you are bringing in fresh air and exhausting the air through the carbon filter they say to multiple the cubic feet of the room by 3 and look for the larger Carbon Scrubber at that size or bigger (so it doesn't have to work as hard to do the job). At the end of the day really does it matter if you have someone over and they can hear your carbon scrubber turn on with that loud "HUMMMM" of moving air... and does it matter if they might get a slight whiff of cannabis being grown, and that is what should really determine how much you are willing to spend in your carbon scrubber and fan in my personal opinion.

How much does a Phat filter cost, the last one cost about $150 for 800-cfm shipped and the Hyper Fan was another $150
        The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Very helpful post, thank you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X