New grower looking for advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower looking for advice please

First time growing I have a 80x60x60 high tent with 3-300 watt Full Spectrum led light with the 5 watt chips. I added a heater to maintain 70° temp and a fan for circulation and a exhaust fan. Growing 14 plants looking for any advice or criticism. Reading about lights wondering if I should change out the LEDs for 600 W HP/MH With a vented hood
    Last edited by Sean Winchester; 03-17-2017, 06:24 PM.

I'd say just the basics. Check ph. Don't overwater or go crazy on the nutes. And make sure you are not burning the plants. Better to have the light a bit to far away and they grow. To have them too close and burn. Good luck

Comment

Do you think I would have a larger out come if I changed to 600 watt Hp/mh light. I'm just trying to figure this cart out

Comment

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        I think 1 600W in an 80"x60" wouldn't be enough. You've got better light coverage now having 3 lights instead of 1.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I think one of the main factors is the footprint. You cover more space thus more yield right ?

is that chart from adding your total watts or do you have to have each light at the charts wattage to get those kind of end results

Comment

That chart is for a single light of the specified watt rating. So 1 600W should get between 2.5-5 ounces per month, 2 600W should get 5-10 ounces per month between them, possibly a little bit more due to light overlap.
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Give the LEDs a go this grow since you already have them, if you're not happy then think about changing for next time.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

mornin guys, welcome SW.
            not try in to step on toes here, but I'm pretty sure that chart is specifically for operational costs per month and OZ per HARVEST. there are other charts and info in the GWE website that break down other factors such as footprint coverage per light type/wattage, distance from plants, etc.
            when I first saw ur tent on its side like that I was thinking WTF? little more coffee and started thinkin wow, that could actually be pretty genius!
            however... you may be setting yourself up for a looooong series of panic attacks with height limitations and the number of plants you plan to run. seriously.
            plant finish height in this setup will be limited to about 24 inches. research your strains and plan accordingly. even strains that grow smallish will need training to keep them out of your lights later on.
            also, with 14 plants you will be severely limited once again by space available. you will need to train them. training for height and light makes plants wide and believe me you have no idea how much plant you really have til week 2 or 3 of flowering!
            you may be able to pull it off by training them very low and scrogging them, but you will still prolly want to keep the veg time under 6 weeks.
            do your homework. go to the website and STUDY EVERYTHING that pertains to your grow. don't skim...STUDY. I didn't see any sprouts in the pics, but if you already planted then you better get serious asap!
            personally, if that was my setup, I'd cut 14 plants down to 8, manifold to 8 tops each, fab up 2 scrog nets and put 4 plants under each, and lights over each. by week 3 flower those nets will be FULL. if I wanted more plants, I would set up another tent. even a new guy like me could reap an easy 1.5 POUNDS from 8 plants and 2 600w hid lamps. much more if I was any good at it!
            check out my scrog setup. thats 5 plants of a short growing strain almost 3 weeks into bloom. just this week I started letting the tops grow up through the 3ft×4ft screen. all manifolded to 8 main tops. this is an excellent control method when height is limited.
            hope this helps...now and later. good luck and keep posting!
            shit. gotta switch to my phone to send pics!

Comment

now that im getting a feel for this method, i only planted 4 this time (new grow) and plan to manifold again vegging 6+ weeks, and bump my screen up to 4×4 feet.

Comment

• Sean Winchester
                Sean Winchester commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that 3/4 or 1/2 pvc?

• intergalactic_harvester
                intergalactic_harvester commented
                Editing a comment
                its actually 1" pvc frame and legs, with 1 1/4" leg sleeves so i can adjust height if i need to.

If I was to go down to 8 do you think I could make 1 large screen because my tent has doors on both sides.i have been practicing on making screens. Also I had to lay my tent like that because I have a low ceiling in my basement

Comment

Editing a comment
                ya you could do that. just figured 2 would be easier to get in n out. go to the GWE website and search LBH's Famous Scrog Tutorial or simply search scrog. see how it works...how the screen is made up is a lot less important than how you use it.
                I very strongly suggest using the GWE website for researching and not the forum. you will find everything there to tune in YOUR grow space. by the questions you are asking I would say you have a lot of homework to do and very little time to do it. training plants to stay that low is NOT easy. (did you already plant?) I'm just saying for the sake of efficiency the information you need to get started right now you will get much faster from the site than the forum.
                I'm just a first timer too, but I went into this grow with the plan to train them low. so far I'm pulling it off.not pretty, but effective. the peppermint kush finishes at just under 2 ft so it was a good strain to work with even if I lost control. which I did. which led to the suggestion of the scrog net...which in turn saved my ass. thank you green75.
                I think you can pull this off. and make a ton of buds. that sideways tent is just beautiful thinkin.

I've been spending a lot of time reading on the forms On gwe

Comment

I actually have a 4th light to add to that room. Think I should add it once I flip the light cycle

Comment

Editing a comment
                  sorry man, I know nothing of led's. my first run has been hid's the whole way. the kosher kush I just sprouted will be vegged under t5's and bloomed under hid's.

I just built a temp room now so I can remove hopefully 4 plants and I'll grow them under t5

Comment

Day 5 looking good maintain the temperature of 75 during the day and 70 at night. they're starting to pop up now

Comment

Comment

• Sean Winchester
                    Sean Winchester commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Before and after

Editing a comment
                    there ya go. and you can leave it there til the end if u want. have you considered supercropping? accomplishes the same thing plus can increase ur yield. worth lookin into.

I did I snapped them and the next day they were all standing back up lol

Comment

Editing a comment
                    good, good

Editing a comment
                    do you have an actual grow journal here on the forum? if you dont, maybe you can start one. makes it a lot easier to follow you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X