New cfl lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New cfl lights

Did the cfl set up you guys suggested does it look good? I think I need another fan I had the lights low for 30 mins and my plants started wilting so I raised the lights and adjusted the fan I think its OK but I'm gonna keep doing check ups before i seal it up for the night any thoughts guys?

Looks good Damg, you should be able to inch em closer in the next couple of days. Keep that fan blowing indirectly on your greens, the leaves have to twitch a bit at least....

Comment

The leaves have a little twitch and my fan is angled upwards but my leaves might twitch to much is this OK? Do I need more lights or is that good and do I need a different color light?

Comment

You can get a piece called a doubler for less than $3.00. This piece turns 1 light bulb socket into 2 sockets. Then you can have twice as many lights. Watch out for heat though It will build up quick in enclosed spaces.

Comment

• Damg18
          Damg18 commented
          Editing a comment
          OK appreciate it and I also seen some that plug into power strips

I used cfl's to start for the first time... found that if you have to light so far away the saplings get too leggy to support themselves. Good luck.

Comment

Dude....I think the light from cfl bulbs is useless after about 6".....as close as poss with cfl's......check GWE for conformation.....happy growing dude 🌱🌿🌲🌳🔪😀
          The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Folks are giving good advice here. Get bulbs worked in to about 4-6 inches from the plants, keep the leaves twitching, add more CFL's. Rock on.
            completed 7 grows
            what I have learned so far:
            environment maters more than nutrients
            at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
            effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I currently use CFL and keep them about 4" from plants. Like Burny said, get some splitters to double your lights and get/ make some reflectors for the lights. CFL are the weakest lights lights you can use for growing but you can get good results, just gotta keep them close to plants. Good luck!
              DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
              315 LEC
              6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
              6" Carbon filter
              3- 6" fans
              humidifier
              temp and humidity gauge
              5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
              FF trio nutrients

Comment

The first night I had myh CFLs within 4 Ines and all my plants started to wilt I think I messed a couple plants up so I raised it how do you guys get your CFLs so close?

Comment

• Flockshot
                  Flockshot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The plants need to get acclimated to brighter light. Keep moving them closer over several days in necessary.

Damg, its not the light itself that is the concern, but the ballasts at the base. This where the heat is produced in cfls. So closeness to your plants isnt as big a deal as keeping you grow space properly ventilated. Get a thermometer and monitor it. Correct ax needed.
                Organic only soil grower
                Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
                Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Not sure why leaves are wilting. I have four- 42w CFL's about 4" from plant with no issues although they have been under the lights from the start. Canyon Grower is correct about ballast at base of bulbs creating heat and I have mine in an aluminum mixing bowl reflector, with holes drilled in it for heat to escape. Once I got a decent exhaust fan temperatures were not a problem.
                  DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                  315 LEC
                  6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                  6" Carbon filter
                  3- 6" fans
                  humidifier
                  temp and humidity gauge
                  5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                  FF trio nutrients

Comment

Here's a good example...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170317-130657.png
Views:	88
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	68900

Comment

• Green75
                      Green75 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No..that's a past plant

• PuravidaC
                      PuravidaC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like the way you mix different kelvin lamps with set up.

• Green75
                      Green75 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I figure they are autos...why not give them both sets to promote both things...growth and bud...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X